forearm injury - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
stolenheron
Exclamation forearm injury

just noticed my male spinytail iguana juvenile has a very swollen forearm.

the last time this happened to one of my ctenosaurs it was my (now adult) female who jumped 5ft down from her cage to the tile floor and broke her front leg. her arm swelled up like balloon and within 3 weeks it went back down to normal with no problems and she is strong as an ox today.

this guy did escape outside about 2 weeks ago and I did recently build him a very tall enclosure, so those are the only ways I could think of him hurting himself.

he is currently given a fruit, veggies, and calcium powdered crickets. he is given heaps of all sorts of veggies/fruits but like all of the ctenosaurs I have caught from that locale, they eat a good 70-80% insects/meat to 20-30% of veg matter.

he has no wheezing or coughing issues however I have noticed the last few days that he has had some salt/sodium crust around his nostrils. related?

also, I caught this little guy 3 months ago out in the wild and he has increased in size by at least 30%. he is growing fast and is in shed right now.

here are the pictures:

he has absolutely no issues with movement, he climbs/jumps/chases down crickets etc etc just fine. and his appetite is still monstrous. I'm not very worried about it, but I still want to make sure he will be fine in the long run.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!