Wholesale feeders - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:24 AM   #1
Badassbugs
Wholesale feeders

Hi I was currently trying to find out info on providing feeders insects and rodents to zoo,rescues and pet stores. My first question is how many feeders does a pet store or zoo consume a week/month? I understand when talking about wholesale where talking about huge numbers but I was looking for an estimate of how huge
-thanks

Old 09-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #2
Reptiles 101
When i had 25 breeders of bearded dragons i would go thru 5,000 crickets a week plus supersworms. when i did the teen survival challenge at the san diego zoo, we had to find a mealworm and i nocked on the reptile house door the guy answered the door gave us a superworm, he told me they purchase around 100,000 super worms at a time and there a huge zoo so it all depends on size of the place you would be supplying.

Old 09-04-2016, 09:41 AM   #3
Badassbugs
Thanks for your reply 101. 100k wow thats a lot and was that their weekly amount?

Old 09-04-2016, 11:28 AM   #4
Reptiles 101
I cant remember if that was weekly or not for them. If i ever run into the guy again at the zoo ill try to rember to ask him.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:03 PM   #5
CricketChitin
a young beardie will eat about 50 crickets a day. But as they get older, it'll probably drop to about 20-30 crickets per day. So if you know how many beardies you're dealing with, that could give you a ball park number of crickets.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
crickets, dubia feeder insects, feeder mice, feeder rats, feeders