Face Book - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-18-2019, 07:59 AM   #21
JColt
I joined a local facebook buy and sell page. Holy meth addicts batman!

Old 02-18-2019, 08:38 AM   #22
Lucille
Joe I have found that for local buying and selling, Next-door is a good group. Plus you get info about your community.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:03 PM   #23
JColt
I'm on that also. I was the first person in my area to get Next door minus some admins. I used it to get back one of my cats that escaped and also was able to reunite someone with their dog with it. Another nice thing about it is, If someone is difficult they are pretty much ostracized.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:15 PM   #24
Lucille
I am gradually looking around, as fb can be overwhelming. Of course the first few weeks I just visited reptile groups while trying to learn my way around and learn how fb works, which I am still learning. Now I am looking at and joining other groups. It is amazing. There is a group just for people who own chihuahuas! There are also local groups and I joined one of those and hope to meet some of those people irl.
Found a funny group Hoodcoonery and enjoy most of their stuff. They have an off beat sense of humor just like I do.

Old 03-02-2019, 06:30 AM   #25
JColt
I have a funny and cool story. I was on a Boxer Dog Forum many years ago. The owner/admin was having some problems and I offered to help her. The forum was kinda cluttered in setup and graphics messed up.

Got it all fixed up and stayed on as a background admin. I have ran several boards and decided I did not want the daily crap (ask webslave) of running it.

Along comes facebook. One night I had nothing to do and decided to see if the owner had a FB page. She did! I looked through pictures and she has her dogs in the down town area of my hometown!

She lives walking distance from me, lol. I didnt know if she lived in Florida, Texas or Boston till then.

I've repaired a phone for her, fixed her house heater once, she came over multiple times to feed and let dogs out when I had to leave town once.

She is a kindergarten teacher now and also a part time vet tech. We both post pictures on FB getting caught at railroad track by our houses. We go over opposite directions each day, lol.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:14 PM   #26
Lucille
That is a great story Joe!

I have met some truly thoughtful intelligent group leaders- admins and mods- on fb. People who take the time to think over both sides of any disagreement, and who give thought to the future implications of decisions they might make. I have also met some really, really unimaginative people who somehow became admins, I can only surmise, to feed their own power hungry delusions of grandeur.

I feel like I've been spoiled here for many years by the quality of the mods and admin. While for the most part that has been a positive experience, allowing me to be me, the downside has been the sense of shock I have felt when seeing less qualified people act out their power fantasies on an innocent membership in some of the fb groups I look in on.

Old 03-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #27
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
power hungry delusions of grandeur.
It is actually reaching the level of entertainment for many in the group. The admin in question is really working herself into a tizzy and spends a huge amount of time banning people and 'muting' them. She actually turned off all commenting for the entire group so that she could go to church, and turned it back on when she returned. Apparently God did not gift her with any wisdom while she was in His house because she still seems headed for a stroke. She is being teased for her authoritarian manner, and simply bans the teasers.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:22 PM   #28
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
It is actually reaching the level of entertainment for many in the group. The admin in question is really working herself into a tizzy and spends a huge amount of time banning people and 'muting' them. She actually turned off all commenting for the entire group so that she could go to church, and turned it back on when she returned. Apparently God did not gift her with any wisdom while she was in His house because she still seems headed for a stroke. She is being teased for her authoritarian manner, and simply bans the teasers.
Sounds like the assimilation process is proceeding normally!

Old 03-10-2019, 03:56 PM   #29
Insomniac101
That's why I can't stand Farcebook! I also feel spoiled by the mods and admin here, that are intelligent and fair. I just have very low tolerance for the antics over there.

Old 03-10-2019, 05:55 PM   #30
Lucille
I am currently watching reruns of Star Trek Next Gen which I do every few years. I feel like parts of fb are like undiscovered planets with strange life forms where communication is not possible and without it great harm is possible.

This is not a judgment of everything over there, some places are relatively sane and a few (the bicycling forums for instance) are just delightful. Maybe it is like that childhood poem 'When they were good they were very very good, and when they were bad they were horrid'.

The latest from the strange planet where no one can respond while the admin is in church: There is currently only 1 admin (lol wonder why they can't get more) and she has decided that she will review every.single.post. from now on. Unlike Lieutenant Data who can work 24/7, I'm thinking lack of sleep is going to turn her into a bigger witch than she already is. Fortunately I can beam off her planet with just a few taps of my keyboard.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!