Florida Nile - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2005, 01:35 PM   #11
Vince
that site was great , I laughed when i seen Veilds, florida is like a world melting pot for exotic reptiles. Those large snakes should do well, tons or racoons and apossems running around. All we need now is leopard geckos. I dont think they could have a bigger problem then Nile monitors and burm pythons.

Old 04-22-2005, 05:46 PM   #12
Gekkonida
I am with you on the Nile problem. I can't imagine a wild Florida Nile being approachable. Watch out little cats and dogs.

Old 04-22-2005, 05:48 PM   #13
Gekkonida
Aaron that list is crazy. Florida really is the melting pot of Reptiles Vince!

Old 04-25-2005, 01:41 PM   #14
wsmitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I might have to start looking for a nice new home for this guy. any info on niles would be great.
Well, my nile gets feed the SZD diet (ground turcky, egg, calcium, vitamins, minerals) every day, and a mouse once a month. I have her set up in an encloser that I personally built that is 6feetX4feetX5feet. Most recommend a little bigger(8X4). I'll attach a picture latter(i'm at school). Make sure your nile has a large tub of water to soak in. Try getting Foust's Book: "Nile Monitors". Very helpfull!

Old 04-29-2005, 08:37 PM   #15
Vince
that cage is very cool. My monitor has been munching down mealies and eat its first mouse today. I am still worried about having a six foot beast though.

Old 05-02-2005, 12:22 AM   #16
wsmitty
thanks, i worked really hard on it. BTW, sorry about about my bad spelling.....turky=turkey.

Old 06-04-2005, 09:22 PM   #17
dude50050
what part of florida did you find that baby nile?

Old 09-02-2005, 12:45 PM   #18
Franksgtps
Thumbs up wild caught

I have lived in florida and down in the everglades, I have seen nile monitors, anacondas,cobras, igaunas, ect.... It comes from a mixture of idiots letting there pets go and hurricanes. I lived in Cape Coral which is like an Island by Ft. Myers and there are all kinds of huge medium and small monitors running around. They have been populating for about 15 years Fl fish and game says. The habbitat is perfect fresh water canals, trees, humid, hot and lots of food. Hope this helps.

Old 09-08-2005, 09:59 AM   #19
TrpnBils
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcrash
WOW, there are a lot of exotic reptiles that have established themselves in Florida.

Check out this link:
http://wld.fwc.state.fl.us/critters/...asp?taxclass=R

You have to wonder when they'll outlaw non-native herp ownership in Florida if this becomes too big of a problem.

That's not necessarily the reason for all of them. I know at least the tokays established themselves through coming over in produce shipments, etc. So there are probably at least a few more doing it that way as well

Old 09-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #20
Vince
I think thats the case with the brown anole too. But I would say alot are result of the pet trade.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!