Feeding Wild Caught - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
kmurphy
Feeding Wild Caught

I was wondering what the general opinion was of feeding wild caught animals to your snakes? The reason I ask is because I have a very large population of grey squirrels in my yard. While sitting on my deck the other day I counted 27 within eyesight. I used to catch them in harvahart traps and bring them to my brothers house many miles away. Now he has too many and my population hasn't changed.

Anyway they look healthy as hell. They are a terrible nuisance with the bird feeders and thoroughly hated by my wife. Looks to me like a win/win.
I am interested in the draw backs. If freezing would kill any parasites? And what parasites are we talking about.
I am not really interested in the animal rights aspect but feel free to give that view if you like. Just keep in mind that it will be hard to convince me to feel sorry for the tree rats.

Kevin