Bad Guy Robert Sloan - really bad guy - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:35 AM   #11
AndyUltimateReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulweaver View Post
I tried calling them today to see if he actually had the permit he was referring to but couldn't get a real person on the phone.

I'm not sure there's much they can do anyways. I don't think he really has any of those snakes since I couldn't get a single picture from him. It's just all a lie.
Don't call the regular number. Call operation game thief. I'll find the number.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:37 AM   #12
AndyUltimateReptiles
http://www.ogttx.org

Old 05-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #13
AaronBayer
Sloan is a plague. I've never attempted to do business with him but have been threatened by him a few times for calling out his lies on FB. Waiting for the day he shows his face at the wrong show/event and a few folks he's either scammed out of thousands or he's threatened to rape and kill family members of take him out back for a good ole boot stomping.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:26 PM   #14
JimM
It never ceases to amaze me how there are lots and lots of GOOD people breeding and offering for sale great animals and they can't give the stuff away ... yet you have criminals like this dirt bag who somehow get people to send them thousands of dollars for animals that don't even exist. WTF ???

Old 05-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #15
rhodges
My purchase

I had an experience with this same seller two years ago. I contacted him about Texas Indigos and sent a deposit on 2.2. I also failed to read the posts here, but decided to contact Texas Parks & Wildlife at the time. I cannot recall her last name but her first name was Megan and she told me Sloan was on file with Texas Parks & Wildlife as having a breeding group of 36 Texas Indigos, as well as, all of the other Texas protected reptiles, tortoises and lizards and that they were documented as pre regulation and exempt under the regulations at the time. I sent the balance of 1K as per his terms to be paid in full within ten days of the notice they were ready to ship. They were shipped via Delta and packed very well. Each snake was in its own container, labeled with hatch date, sex and locale. They were also not shipped from Texas - thus it might be why in the first post it was stated he would have to go get them for pickup. I also know that most, and in my case all, reptile dealers and breeders will not refund a deposit on an order if you cancel or change your mind. Based on this deal myself and two other collectors bought a larger group of these this year under the same terms. We got them last week and again they are nice. While I cannot speak to anyone elses experience, mine has not been bad at all, but in my first order I was nervous after reading all of the stuff posted here. Apparently he does have what he says he has, but it looks like it is not kept in Texas and his price of 1K a sexed feeding pair is well below what everyone else charges. He also threw in an extra male on my first order free of charge and three on this one. Not sure I'd risk buying from him again after all the other stuff posted here, but I guess I got lucky and got some nice indigos.

Old 05-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #16
crd106
Roger.. this looks suspicious.. You just joined last month.. Even throwing in free males? How does one stay in business giving snakes away? Do you have any old emails? Photos of the package? You may be telling the truth but it definitely seems suspicious to me.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:15 PM   #17
evansnakes
he has a long history of setting people up for government stings to keep him out of jail for his illegal activities. if you view the other threads about him it has been well documented by people in his area that run the shows, the herp societies and have ties to the fish and wildlife people out there. They have seen him entrap people on many occasions.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #18
nickolasanastasiou
Would you believe he (rhodges) has an IP address match with Bob Sloan's account and registered three days after Sloan was banned? I am a believer.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #19
paulweaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Would you believe he (rhodges) has an IP address match with Bob Sloan's account and registered three days after Sloan was banned? I am a believer.
Yes, I would definitely believe that! I was just about to post here that rhodges sounds exactly like Sloan and his BS.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:28 PM   #20
evansnakes
yet another fake profile like the half dozen he uses on facebook

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!