Help anyone know what type of Agama this is??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 01-15-2004, 09:28 PM   #1
finsnthings
Stop! Help anyone know what type of Agama this is???

I have a question to anyone who may know. I purchased this lizard at a pet store they told me it was an Agama and that was it. Now I need to know what kind of agama it may be, I would like to get a female if I can determine what type he is.

Thanks Tori
Attached Images
File Type: jpg neptune3.jpg (44.0 KB, 159 views)

Old 01-15-2004, 09:29 PM   #2
finsnthings
here is another pic of the above Agama

I hope someone may know what kind from these pics.

Thanks Tori
Attached Images
File Type: jpg neptune1.jpg (62.3 KB, 156 views)

Old 01-15-2004, 09:44 PM   #3
jenn_jeffery
it looks almost like a sick, malnourished bearded dragon. Beardies are part of the agama family. What care did the petshop tell you for it? At any rate, if you have a GOOD herp vet in the area, I would take it and have a fecal done, and treat it for any parasites, and keep it in quarantine for a good long time before introducing it to ANY of your current animals, or introducing a new animal to it.

Old 01-15-2004, 10:01 PM   #4
finsnthings
Agama

I had purchased this one and a female from the same pet store, she died about a month ago he has been eating fine but doesnt seem to grow any bigger than when I bought him. He has been in a seperate room from my other reptiles since I bought him. They told me to treat him like my other bearded dragon same temps and all. He is in a cage size 24x24x18 basking lamp 12 hours a day with uvb. He eats mealworms and greens loves to be misted and takes bath constantly. He has never acted like his mate did before she died the main reason I won't purchase from pet stores anymore so many sick animals.

Tori Hill

Old 01-16-2004, 08:04 AM   #5
jenn_jeffery
If he has parasites, then he won't get any bigger. You really should try and get him to a vet.

www.herpvetconnection.com

Old 01-16-2004, 10:09 AM   #6
Gromph Baenre
Could you please provide a picture of his tail. From the looks I would say it might be a Rankins, or it might be(depending upon the tail) a beavertail agama(false uromastyx).

Best regards,

Carson Grindstaff

Old 03-04-2004, 05:23 PM   #7
finsnthings
I Have Found out!!!!

I have finally found out what type of agama he is, A Black Agama
vet checked him out no parasites, not a malnourished or sick beardie as was mentioned before, very healthy and will stay about the size he is in the previous pics.

Tori

Old 06-30-2004, 12:21 AM   #8
montezuma
Try doing a search for toad headed agama aka. false bearded dragon. I am pretty sure thats what you have but I can't see enough of the body.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:15 PM   #9
LittleT
Agama

Your lizard looks like it is a Clown Agama. There's not much info on them, but I have one myself. Mine is a female, and that one looks the same. To be sure, they are kin to Beardies and can be sexed by a beardie breeder. (That's who sexed mine) I've also been told they are related to Uromastyx, and I know they get along together in an aquarium.
The pic you had looks about like mine. She's not going to get much bigger, I doubt.
I know someone that can give the actual scientific name, and I will see him within the next week or two, so I can write back with that if you'd like.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 PM   #10
LittleT
Sorry. I didn't get to the second page before I wrote.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!