I've got EGGS!!!!! - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 01:21 PM   #81
Tere Salazar
Well, at least you didn't throw yourself down on the floor and throw a tantrum!

This is a situation where sweat is a good thing. I'd almost bet you that one that you didn't see veins is just fine. If not, it would have turned green and very stinky (as you've already experienced). There's just bound to be something in there keeping it going.

However, I wonder if maybe you could knock on one of the eggs and remind the babies it's time to come out? Hellooooo? Is anyone in there? Can you hear me now?

Old 06-02-2011, 01:33 PM   #82
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
Well, at least you didn't throw yourself down on the floor and throw a tantrum!
Especially with a pair of scissors in my hand!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
However, I wonder if maybe you could knock on one of the eggs and remind the babies it's time to come out? Hellooooo? Is anyone in there? Can you hear me now?
Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone at home? ...oh sorry! Guess I've got Pink Floyd on the brain!! lol

I was reading something about leaving the babies in the tub (that the eggs are in now) until they became more active. Did you ever do that? Or should I remove each, as they come out of the egg? Seems like that humidity would be bad for them, at least for any extended period of time.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #83
Tere Salazar
Don't worry...they won't be in there for very long, certainly not long enough to cause them any issues. But the more babies you have running around in there, hopping on and bumping the unhatched eggs, the better. Think of them as the unhatched babies' moving alarm clock. (I bet you could even hear them singing Pink Floyd if you listened hard enough LOL!)

Old 06-10-2011, 05:01 PM   #84
Matt2979
I'VE GOT A BABY DRAGON!!!! LMAO!! I've been checking the tubs twice a day for most of the last 2 weeks. Had just about given up on any of these EVER hatching!!! But I gotta dragon!!! The first dragon that I EVER produced so I'm pretty happy right now!!!

I'm actually MORE excited right now than I thought I would be, but when I checked the tubs a little while ago, and first found this little one, it was all curled up on one end of the tub and I just knew that it was dead! The vermiculite had gotten a little dry (these things were laid on MARCH 27th!!) and I thought I had killed him by not keeping it moist enough. I took the tubs in the kitchen and filled my spray bottle with hot tap water to moisten up the vermiculite around the other eggs.

I turned the little one over, and it sprang back upright. I did it again, and so did the baby dragon! It's a-LIVE!!!! lol I hope to have more pics up soon!!
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #85
Tere Salazar
Oh, now that's just weird. I was going to post tonight and ask if you had anything yet...so onto better stuff.

WOOK AT THAT WIDDLE BABY!!!! What a cutie pie! Congratulations and definitely more pics, please!

Old 06-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #86
Matt2979
Thanks Tere!!

What's the best "stuff" to put on the base of their tails, to tell them apart? Most of what I see looks like fingernail polish, but I would think that would be very toxic. I really don't NEED to put anything on them yet, but kind of wish I had a way to not forget which one was first.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #87
Tere Salazar
Yep, I didn't dig the nail polish idea too much either. I'd imagine they'd get it all over the place before it dried. We always used a Sharpie marker, but they do tend to wear off after a few baths. I figure if I used it to draw on my kid's face for Halloween, it can't hurt the beardies too badly.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #88
reddragon36
Congrats on your first beardie hatching out.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #89
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon36 View Post
Congrats on your first beardie hatching out.
Thanks John!!! It's been an extremely exciting venture. That's for sure!!

I've got a few more starting to pip so maybe the one won't be too lonely, for too much longer.

Checkout the color on the head of the last pic! I hope that's a good sign of things to come as they start growing!! And the one in the second pic did NOT like it when I touched it's TINY little head!!
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #90
Tere Salazar
Somebody's coming out of that egg looking like its parents! My goodness. I can't wait to see that one when it's out.

I love that second pic. So adorable! And inside that tiny little head reside many tiny teeth! I think that one's showing you what it's going to use next time you touch its tiny little melon!

They're darling, Matt. I know you've got to be super excited.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!