looking for a ball python exporter - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-03-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
gncz73
looking for a ball python exporter

hi i'm looking for a ball python exporter as i'm looking for wc ball pythons.

Old 02-03-2005, 08:43 PM   #2
Steve Michaels
Ball Pythons

I will have baby balls starting in April. How many were you looking for?
Steve Michaels

Old 02-03-2005, 08:45 PM   #3
Rob @ RK Reptiles
This type of thread should not be posted on the BOI. It should be posted in the Ball Python section or another section relating to Ball Pythons or information on them.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:03 PM   #4
gncz73
well i was looking for info on any exporters that why i thought i would place this here

Old 02-03-2005, 09:04 PM   #5
gncz73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Michaels
I will have baby balls starting in April. How many were you looking for?
Steve Michaels

sorry steve i'm just looking for an exporter for wc ball pythons

Old 02-04-2005, 12:50 PM   #6
evansnakes
Eugene, do you understand what importing ball pythons from Africa entails?

1) you will have to take an order usually around $3000-5000 minimum to start and you have to pay that up front via wire transfer

2) freight on the shipment is going to be at least $500, likely double that

3) you have to have a federal import/export liscense for live reptiles to bring in the shipment. If you do not have one, you must send in your application, pay for the fee to do so and wait a couple months to hear back on if you will get one or not.

4) you have to either drive to Chicago O'hare to pick the shipment (you cannot get a port exemption to have shipments come to Detroit unless you had them arranged prior to 9/11) up or you can pay a broker about $350 to clear it for you and ship it to Detroit metro for you to pick up (another $75-100) on top of the fees you have to pay customs and F&W which is another $50-100.

after all this do you still want to import a shipment when you can buy the animals so cheaply here in the US already?

Old 02-04-2005, 01:10 PM   #7
gncz73
thats not why i'm looking for exporters.

Old 02-04-2005, 03:31 PM   #8
evansnakes
You said that you wanted wild caught ball pythons. Why are you looking for exporters then? Do you mean importers?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!