My False water cobra collection - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Other Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #41
Skiploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Herrick View Post
thanks for the response...I viewed some YT footage and I saw what enthusiastic feeders they are, also some hooding behavior. I also see some hooding in the juveniles that Spidey posted. Interesting behavior...they look like fun but are not for everybody. They seem to be popular with experienced keepers, and rightfully so, a 6 or 7 foot wild and crazy feeding response and mildly venomous snake is a challenging handfull at times. I look forward to working with them, everyone I have spoken to with them enjoys them. Good luck, Vic
Vic I have a super hypo female that I purchased from Wes Pollock that I just weighed at 4136 grams.

She is by far, the calmest, mellowest large colubrid that I have ever owned. She is even calmer than my indigos. I've had falsies that were complete buttheads, then again, compared to my largest YT, they were not that bad.

My wife, who cannot stand the snakes, has actually bonded with this animal and asks to hold her.

Is she a bear on feeding day? You bet - but not any worse than any dry I can think of. In terms of hooding, she will hood around strangers but stops once picked up.

When it comes to showing people unfamiliar with snakes how calm, mellow and "trustworthy" a large and impressive looking snake can be, she is the first one I reach for.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #42
oldworldrats
i just started with the fwc and i got to say great snakes im into asian rats and i decided to get a 1.2 fwc's both females are nice but the male is 10 times worse then a king snake feeding response lol when i clean his water he halls ass from the other side of the cage to try to eat me he got me one time i was shocked on how hard it was to get him off

this is one om my females eating

my other female

and my azzhole male

Old 01-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #43
reticguy76
one of, if not the best species of snake out there. i just love these animals

Old 01-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #44
spidey
Update

Well, Bob's HIGH YELLOW HYPO MALE and my SUPER HYPO FEMALE are still going at it. I'm going to leave them together until they get tired of each other.

Wait a minute, that sounds like a marriage! LOL

She is still eating and getting fatter.

Seems that fall breeding is the way to go. Hey Bob give them your experience on the breeding you did.

I will keep everyone updated. Fingers crossed we get a nice clutch!

Spidey

Old 01-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #45
nine0proof
Spidey I can't wait!

For anyone interested it took me awhile to get eggs from these guys. First year I cooled them and interduced them in the spring. My male bred the female like crazy but I never got any eggs. I then decided I'd try breeding them in the fall like my ball pythons and once again my male bred the female like crazy, but this time I got eggs in the spring! I ran into some problems that year and didn't hatch any eggs. The next fall they bred again and I got eggs that sprint, they went full term and when they started hatching the female laid a second clutch! All with out breeding agian! All they babies started feeding well and grew quick. Now all we have to figure out is how the hypo and super hypo genes work. I've heard mixed opinions from different people. Stay tuned............

Old 01-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #46
reticguy76
i would love to see a really nice super hypo x super hypo and see if we can get rid of all the black. that would be a sweet project

Old 03-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #47
spidey
The breeding is done!

Hello!

Well, the breeding is finished! Bob's male high yellow hypo to my female super hypo.
The breeding was one in the late fall/early winter months. The female stopped being receptive a few weeks ago now.
Keep your fingers crossed we get some eggs!!

Here are some pics to keep you excited!!
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #48
reticguy76
very cool. i had my pair together and either my female ended up eating my male or my male got out somehow. i cant find him anywhere.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:14 AM   #49
bigjay
I have been away for awhile dealing with some personal stuff...I am very happy to see all of the posts and continued activity on this thread. I will always absolutely love these snakes and at the moment they make up 90% of my collection....if I have to cut back any farther they will make up 100% of my collection I am very very excited for the upcoming clutch of hypo x super hypo babies!! I hope everyone is doing well...keep up the progression of the FWC movement...soon we will rule the world haha *disclaimer: In reality I have absolutely no plans for world domination...I was just getting carried away with all of this false water cobra interest.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:16 AM   #50
bigjay
Btw Ryan...sorry to hear about your male. If you want to sell your female or get another adult male I can help with either one

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!