Sara Gatto, aka clarinet45, aka Mezclado Reptilia, not to be trusted - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:04 AM   #91
SPJ
AND......It is OUR business. If she cannot be trusted to pay back a debt and be truthful to people about why she cannot pay, then she is not trustworthy to do business with and the community needs to know about it.

She ruined her own reputation by doing this.

Honesty could have prevented this mess AND she could have responded right away and put this to rest. Instead she waits 18 pages and posts a blurb that explained nothing.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:05 AM   #92
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leighanne
WOW! I don't come to the BOI alot and I don't want to be in this buisness now. Sorry you guys got screwed. Everybody here acts like a pack of wild Dogs, like this is a Witch hunt. An people outside of the situation hounding her outside of Fauna, thats really unethical. Your lack of understanding and compassion is gross. I mean of course your going to get screwed somehow and YOU can easily SCREW! This is afterall the INTERNET. I bet my money Clarinet just didn't have the money and was embarrassed and she'll pay it back. I like to have hope what can I say. Her reputation was actually flawed from 18 pages of everybody getting nasty. BOI's are cool but at the same time they are nonsense. Forums are kind of nonsense. Its really a place you don't have to be seen and can't get beaten up so when your having a bad day go to Fauna! Ha! I agree with everybody but the 18 pages of bashing was gross. Just my opinion.
Interesting; you get on your soapbox and judge other posters for judging her? Why exactly do you feel you have the right to post your opinion, but other people don't have the right to post their opinions? Hypocrisy at its finest.....

Old 01-19-2007, 12:11 AM   #93
SPJ
This is how it affects ALL of us.

Would you pull an animal off the market for her if she said she was mailing the payment?

Would you allow her to set up a payment plan on an animal?

Would you be comfortable buying from her? Do you think you would get a full an immediate refund if something went wrong?

I would not hold an animal for her, set up a payment plan for her, or buy from her based upon how she treated people who helped her out.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:15 AM   #94
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
WOW! I don't come to the BOI alot and I don't want to be in this buisness now. Sorry you guys got screwed. Everybody here acts like a pack of wild Dogs, like this is a Witch hunt. An people outside of the situation hounding her outside of Fauna, thats really unethical. Your lack of understanding and compassion is gross. I mean of course your going to get screwed somehow and YOU can easily SCREW! This is afterall the INTERNET. I bet my money Clarinet just didn't have the money and was embarrassed and she'll pay it back. I like to have hope what can I say. Her reputation was actually flawed from 18 pages of everybody getting nasty. BOI's are cool but at the same time they are nonsense. Forums are kind of nonsense. Its really a place you don't have to be seen and can't get beaten up so when your having a bad day go to Fauna! Ha! I agree with everybody but the 18 pages of bashing was gross. Just my opinion.

Well, this is just my opinion. It’s people like you with this kind of mentality that allows scammers and some with poor judgements, flourish on the Internet.
Quote:
I mean of course your going to get screwed somehow and YOU can easily SCREW! This is afterall the INTERNET

To those that are out money, I’m sure they appreciate you calling their plight nonsense. This forum was designed to inform others and exert this type of peer pressure on others that would take advantage. Our lack of compassion is gross? What I find horribly gross is your cavalier attitude.

Quote:
An people outside of the situation hounding her outside of Fauna, thats really unethical.
You got to be kidding! I'm tired and been at the dentist for hours today. Maybe I shouldn’t be posting this, but I think you are the disgrace and people like you that try to blame everyone but the victim. She should be hounded until she makes it right. If you don’t like what this forum is designed for, don’t let the door hit you on the rump on the way out.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:16 AM   #95
SPJ
You know what. Now that I think about this, I am no longer going to offer payment plans. After this last animal I have been holding is paid in full, that's it.

Money up front and in full from now on. It looks like once again people you thought were good guys can screw people over.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:24 AM   #96
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
WOW! I don't come to the BOI alot and I don't want to be in this buisness now. Sorry you guys got screwed. Everybody here acts like a pack of wild Dogs, like this is a Witch hunt. An people outside of the situation hounding her outside of Fauna

One of my favorite posts they goes to your witch hunt statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave

what you will find here is that there are a bunch of people whom are like minded about the way things should be done in business transactions. When someone posts a load of BS or someone gets themselves in the position of being unethical in the manner in which they are doing business, yes, you can expect to have this group of regular posters here make their opinions known. There are always minor disagreements, of course, but I think it would be much more surprising (and disappointing) if there were NOT a core group of people here whom were willing to attempt a form of peer pressure to have things done right.

After all, the only power the BOI has is this sort of pressure. There is no BOI police force going to go knocking on some bad guy's door late at night. All it can do is to be a public record of the dealings of someone that will be an open book to potential customers. It is the potential customers that will decide whether or not to do business with someone mentioned in here. The BOI cannot TELL anyone what to do.

So yes, if someone posts here and their argument is weak, lacking in details, or just plain unbelievable, they certainly may get 'jumped on'. But if they state the facts, make what they are saying clearly presented and truthful, they will NEVER have a problem here. That is the way is should be. NO one posting a bad guy or good guy post here should be taken at face value. It is not fair to anyone if that were to be the case.
Fitting for this thread.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:25 AM   #97
Dennis Hultman
"One of my favorite posts that goes to your witch hunt statement."

Old 01-19-2007, 12:26 AM   #98
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ
You know what. Now that I think about this, I am no longer going to offer payment plans. After this last animal I have been holding is paid in full, that's it.

Money up front and in full from now on. It looks like once again people you thought were good guys can screw people over.

There are still us good people out there that will honor payment plans!

Old 01-19-2007, 12:50 AM   #99
LadyOhh
Quote:

It was the initial understanding and compassion that got these men screwed in the first place!!!!

You are entitled to your opinion, but that still doesn't change the fact that someone is out money because someone else didn't honor their side of the bargain. Sara did wrong, and is getting called out on it.

This is the BOI. This is what the forum is for....

Old 01-19-2007, 12:52 AM   #100
texasnewbie
I really don't think there would have been a witch hunt (which I personally don't think happened anyway) if she had contacted the opening poster and explained the situation or answered earlier in the thread (not 18 pages in with a one sentence reply)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!