Feeding Yellow Ackie - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-26-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
Piña
Question Feeding Yellow Ackie

I just wondering what else do everyone feed there ackie. I give him Waxworms, mealworms and hoppers. I stop giving crickets because i could take the noise. I just wondering if theres any other food that is good for ackie i can buy.

Old 06-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
Roaches are an ideal insect for ackies. Lobsters are a great substitute for crickets. Adults are slightly larger than an adult cricket, they make no noise and are very easy to raise.
If the climbing is an issue, there are other species such as discoid and dubia to name a couple. My ackies do very well on a diet of lobster roaches and pink mice.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
Piña
The thing is that my reptile guy doesn't have roaches or lobster. I would have to ask him if he can get them for me. Thank for the Information.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
Clay Davenport
Lobsters are a type of roach. When feeding roaches few if any people buy them as feeders, they buy a starter group from a breeder and then begin raising their own. Raising the roaches is very easy and provides a constant on hand food source.
You can check the classifieds here or on other sites and find people advertising roaches for sale.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:54 PM   #5
Piña
Thanks

Old 07-02-2007, 12:30 AM   #6
rpeteroy
feeding ackies

Hey Pina, This is the guy that bought that ackie 2 weeks ago from this site. I have 9 ackies total but I feed them roaches,roaches,worms,hoppers and pieces of hard boiled eggs. You can feed them almost anything that you can eat but think about health when using this info. And on another note that ackie turned out to be a 5 month old female yellow ackie in really good shape. Only missing 2 nails and some tail damage at the tip but other wise almost perfect. I thought I was gonna get robbed or somthing. I just bought 3 more their gonna be here tuesday and another 3 coming next week. I am setting up a breeding program with about 6 groups. I have tristis tristis also. Picking up some super special breeds soon too. If you ever need any thing just email me at rpeteroy@yahoo.com and if you really want another ackie let me know I can help. I just snatch up alot of good stuff when I see it.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:58 PM   #7
Digby Rigby
Roaches as feeders

There are many suitable species of roaches to breed as feeders. Lobster roaches are a pain to deal with. They climb glass very easily. YOu would be better off with Turkistan Blatta lateralis roaches if you want something approximating cricket size. They do not dig or burrow and are much faster breeders than the lobster roaches. Other suiable roaches are Blaptica dubia and Blaberus boliviensis a roach similar to but smaller than discoid roaches. Hornworms and silkworms can also be options. We broker and sell many different feeder species.

My feeders are cooler than your pets

Digby Rigby balboa28279@mypacks.net

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!