Break in at Carolina Reptile Exchange (Bruce Eisenmanns store) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2004, 04:08 PM   #11
Brian Oakley
Ok, let's take what Kerry says as fact for a minute. Assume there is no insurance on the snakes (which I HIGHLY doubt there was), there are still some things that just do NOT add up here.
1. An animal disappears at "X" point in time.
2. The "helper" who turns out to be the owner sets "traps" days after the first snake goes missing.
3. The "helper" who turns out to be the owner sits in the dark awaiting the return of the "suspects" that took the first snake...again, days after the first was gone.
4. Not only does the owner not set traps (who KNOWS what kind we are talking about, I will revisit that in a minute), but only stays until 1:30am on "X" night.
5. At a undetermined time after the "helper" who turns out to be the owner leaves, his place is 'hit' yet again.
6. Not sure what the hours of opporation are, but it seems awefully odd that nobody wold be at the shop by 11:45am when the 'neighbor' reported the break-in. I believe it would be a Saturday, would that not be one of your busiest days? All to be gone at nearly noon on the suggested day?

Now, back to these "traps". What kind of traps were these? What, if anything, did they reveal about the perfect timing in placing them just hours before the 'hit'? Did they not work? If they did work, what did they reveal (oops, I said that already)?

Now, back to Bruce. Just a side note, as I at this point I do not see it relivent, but why does he claim to be a helper if indeed he is the owner? Is this to not have any blame for unforseen challenges in the future placed on him? Would this be to decieve his clients/custmores? I would be proud to say I owned "X" store. That is just me.

Now, lastly, what if they were not in fact stolen at all. What would be the motive for this? Assuming no insurance is on these (which I still say there was not any), there would not be any financial gain. I can only think of two possibilities on this one:
1. Set someone up that he does not like
2. Hold 'sold' some or all of the "stolen" snakes and thinks he can keep the money for them and just tell the customer/s that they were stolen.

What else is there to add to this.....Ritchie. Am I on the right track? I know we can figure this one out, we have before on other things.

Tags
bruce eisenmann