Breeding Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-26-2006, 02:33 PM   #1
melindaste
Question Breeding Question

Hi everyone.. I have a few questions . I have 1 male bearded dragon very ready for breeding and two females. The question i have is I ha e them so they can see each other , But I'm now sure how long to let them see each for. The females are now starting to show signs of submission, they are bowing and arm waving. Is it better to out them all together in one enclosure or one female at time. Also which enclosure his or hers? And for how long?

Old 03-01-2006, 08:13 AM   #2
melindaste
Thanks everyone for you responses they wre very helpfull. I know the spelling wasnt perfect but someone could have helped.. I guess you have to be in the group to get help.. I posted here because you all seemed so helpful. Thanks

Old 03-01-2006, 05:07 PM   #3
Reptileking636
well i doubt that an outburst like that makes people want to help you. If you want to breed them go ahead

Old 03-01-2006, 05:08 PM   #4
Reptileking636
and TO breed them just put the male and a female on the floor for about 10 minutes, that should be enough

Old 03-01-2006, 05:29 PM   #5
melindaste
reptile king I was frusterated i needed help and i waited a few days sorry your offended..

Old 03-01-2006, 05:54 PM   #6
Cat_72
Melinda, there are a lot of nice folks here....but the ones who really know Beardies aren't always here every day, and the Beardie forum isn't the busiest area here. I understand you waited a whole 2 days without a response, perhaps just "bumping" the post up with an "anyone?" would be a lot more productive than sarcasm.

That said.....I wish I could be of more help, but I only have one breeding age pair of Beardies, and they are always housed together, except during brumation. I know my male is very, uh..."active", so I would think that you would probably notice breeding activity almost immediately after putting them together.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #7
melindaste
Cat,

Just wanted to say thank you very much.. I took your advice and it worked .. Thanks again..

Old 03-04-2006, 09:26 AM   #8
Dachiu
I'm in complete agreement with Cat... Most breeders at this point in the year are very busy and we don't aways get the time to pop in here to answer all of the questions. Patience would have been a virtue, 2 days is not very long and you did not NEED an answer immediately.

that said -
Ummm... how old are your dragons?
Males will begin to show breeding behavior as early as 4 months - and females will respond to their head-bobbing almost immediately. Dragons that are just beginning to display breeding behavior, are not necessarily ready to be bred.

If your animals are unrelated to one another, approximately the same size, over a year old and 350+ grams, then all you need to do is put them together and they will take care of business. It is best to add the female to the males cage (under supervision) and see what happens.

My advice to you would be that while she is carrying, take some time to do some thorough research on egg incubation and hatchling care. Keep in mind that this time around you will be raising more that 3 dragons - perhaps 50+ at any given time.

Good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!