What herps have bitten you? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 08-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #1
romad119
What herps have bitten you?

Some people seem to be more prone then others to get bit. For example, my friend will get bit by things that have never bitten anyone else before. My list is relatively short with no plans to add to it. The snakes might not agree with that.

Northern Water snake as a kid
Brazilian Rainbow
SD Gopher Snake
Woma
Cuban Boa

Bonus feature:
Yellow Monitor with bonus 'death roll' feature adding in

I'm willing to guess there are some who are approaching 50 species or more?

Old 08-04-2007, 11:49 AM   #2
fuscusking13
Here is what I have been biten by:

Spiny Tailed Iguana
Retic
Afrock
Burm
Ball
Cali King
Braz Rainbow(on the lip lol)
Aussie Water Python
Black Rat snake as a kid(tried to ride my bike home while holding him).

The Retic and rock were recent, and completely my fault, as were all the others. I could have avoided the retic by using a hook, the rock by not smelling like rats, the king and ball by moving(but who cares, they dont hurt that much) but the burm and aussie were unexpected and fairly unavoideable given the situation. That iguana packed a punch though lol. Dan M.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
Clay Davenport
Well off the top of my head, here's my list, although I am certain I'll miss several species I haven't kept in years.

Common boa
Woma
Jungle Carpet
Irian Jaya carpet
Ball python
Green Tree python
Hog Island boa
Radiated ratsnake
Blue Beauty
Taiwan beauty
corn snake
cal king
Hognose
South Florida king
Gray ratsnake
Hatchlings of numerous colubrid species, but those don't count

Those are what comes to mind easily, but I've kept almost 50 different species and been bitten by at least half of them so I am definitely forgetting several.
I still consider myself quite adept at avoiding bites though, I just get struck at a lot and the odds catch up with me periodically.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
Keith Northrop
Talking Come See my Bone......

To Bone or Not to Bone.....That is the Question.....I started by listing herps that have bitten me, and quickly decided it would be easier to list that which
has not bitten me.....Just this week alone I got chomped by a B&W Cal King, and a Texas Ornate Box Turtle? What?.....Dude How do get bit by a Ornate Box Turtle.....Simple ...you put your finger over by his mouth and say"Look, See, he doesn't bite!...... Chomp!!! Ok.Ok.....Now I know your wondering about the Finger? That my Friend is the Work of a 2.5 ft
WesternDiamondBack....I get to keep my finger......But now I don't know if I want it.....HaHa.....Last Month I removed this from my finger???? Believe it or Not! It finally healed up. Is that my Knuckle Bone or What? I thought it was a
piece if Tendon?????? 2 hours later Wha La.....I pulled that from my finger....Know my figer feels like a million Knuck.......
Attached Images

Old 08-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #5
Clay Davenport
Oh well, add Bredli to my list.
And to think as I was typing my list I was thinking how nice the bredli had been all these months, never offering to strike, all around docile, especially for a member of the morelia group.
10 minutes later that feeling ended.........

Old 08-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #6
IloveSnakes1234
I haven't been bitten alot... But I have been bitten by a:
Corn snake
baby ball python
garter snake
and a dumeril's boa.
I want to be bitten more...

Old 08-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
romad119
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveSnakes1234
I want to be bitten more...
Oh really? For a small fee...

Old 08-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #8
IloveSnakes1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by romad119
Oh really? For a small fee...
uh, fee? what fee?

Old 08-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #9
romad119
I do prefer the 'strike and release' to the 'chomp and chew' types.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #10
edf01
So far, the only snake I been biten by is by far the scariest snake ever- a barely 24 inch king snake.

Pathetic, right? It gets worse- I am terrified of this snake now!

oh, i got bit by rats, does that count??