Herps Stolen from Pet Bazaar (Florida) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Police Blotter

Notices

Police Blotter General notifications about thefts, breakins or and cases where animals or materials are stolen. Photos of the merchandise taken can be posted to help with recovery.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
skitterfins
Herps Stolen from Pet Bazaar (Florida)

Sort of a downer for my first post, but important anyway. I just saw this story air on local news. Please be cautious purchasing animals matching the description in the news article. There is a video of the suspects caught by store security cameras if you visit the page.

Burglars stole 10 snakes, 2 lizards from Casselberry Pet Bazaar, police say

A pet store owner says 10 snakes and two lizards are missing after two men burglarized his store late Friday night.

Shane Hill, owner of Pet Bazaar in Casselberry, says he has surveillance video that shows two men breaking in through a side window shortly before midnight. The video shows the men combing the store for about 15 minutes and stuffing the snakes and lizards into a large bin.

The list of items stolen include two adult Bearded Dragons, a green male Ghost Ball Python, a Motely Boa, two Spider Ball Pythons, three Striped Kenyan San Boas, a baby Hypo Columbian Boa, a Red Blood Python and a Lesser Ball Python.

Hill says the men also ripped his 46-inch flat screen television off of the wall and stole his laptop computer.

"I'm mad," Hill said. "I feel victimized. I'm a small business, and I don't know why someone would choose me to do this to."

Hill says the snakes that were stolen can sell for hundreds of dollars, and he thinks the men may try to sell them.

He believes the men may keep the lizards as pets.

If you have any information about his crime, call the Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/bur...e-say/26624222

Old 07-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #2
PsychedelicTarantula
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitterfins View Post
Sort of a downer for my first post, but important anyway. I just saw this story air on local news. Please be cautious purchasing animals matching the description in the news article. There is a video of the suspects caught by store security cameras if you visit the page.

Burglars stole 10 snakes, 2 lizards from Casselberry Pet Bazaar, police say

A pet store owner says 10 snakes and two lizards are missing after two men burglarized his store late Friday night.

Shane Hill, owner of Pet Bazaar in Casselberry, says he has surveillance video that shows two men breaking in through a side window shortly before midnight. The video shows the men combing the store for about 15 minutes and stuffing the snakes and lizards into a large bin.

The list of items stolen include two adult Bearded Dragons, a green male Ghost Ball Python, a Motely Boa, two Spider Ball Pythons, three Striped Kenyan San Boas, a baby Hypo Columbian Boa, a Red Blood Python and a Lesser Ball Python.

Hill says the men also ripped his 46-inch flat screen television off of the wall and stole his laptop computer.

"I'm mad," Hill said. "I feel victimized. I'm a small business, and I don't know why someone would choose me to do this to."

Hill says the snakes that were stolen can sell for hundreds of dollars, and he thinks the men may try to sell them.

He believes the men may keep the lizards as pets.

If you have any information about his crime, call the Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/bur...e-say/26624222

Everything I'm reading says this happened in North Carolina not Florida....

Old 07-01-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
LauraB
The Gastonia, NC theft ("Stolen Snakes", I believe) is a different thread. This theft did occur in Casselberry, FL.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
skitterfins
Correct. Two separate unfortunate incidents.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #5
PsychedelicTarantula
Ah my bad I got totally confused on this one! Man this stuff is sad. I hope neither places are put out of business from these stupid thefts....

Old 07-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #6
Dennis Hultman
One arrested.
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...t-store/ngRCC/

Quote:
CASSELBERRY, Fla. —

Police in Casselberry have arrested one suspect and are looking for another after a dozen snakes and lizards were stolen from a pet store on Friday.

Security cameras at Pet Bazaar recorded the burglars stealing thousands of dollars worth of unique reptiles and electronics.

Investigators arrested Juan Moreno-Hernandez in connection with the break-in. They're still looking for another suspect, Jerry Avila.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!