What herps have bitten you? - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #141
AK907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoness View Post
Cockatoo

None of those have been serious, though the cockatoo was the worst (broke a fingernail out at the cuticle. Ouch.) Snake bites are nothing compared to parrots.
Yeah, screw that! I've been nabbed by conures (green cheeks, suns, jendays, etc) and even just play bites they hurt. Heck, even parakeets hurt like hell sometimes! I know I would NOT wanna take even a play bite from a cockatoo or similar hookbill. Yikes!

People must think we're crazy being more afraid of a pretty bird instead of the big, mean snake.

Old 12-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #142
Drew Zaun
I had a blue and gold macaw that I gave to my brother so I can agree, parrots are nothing to take lightly. Mine has rarely bitten hard, but at times I was surprised to find my finger intact. I have seen him shred 2x4's so if he gets really mad we give him space.

For the record the only animals Steve Irwin ever admitted being afraid of were birds....that oughta say something....

Old 12-24-2010, 10:25 PM   #143
AK907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Zaun View Post
I had a blue and gold macaw that I gave to my brother so I can agree, parrots are nothing to take lightly. Mine has rarely bitten hard, but at times I was surprised to find my finger intact. I have seen him shred 2x4's so if he gets really mad we give him space.

For the record the only animals Steve Irwin ever admitted being afraid of were birds....that oughta say something....
Haha, Steve was my hero growing up. You could tell he truly cared about animals. He was the real deal! I think we all knew an animal would kill him, I just expected something a little scarier than a stingray.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:02 AM   #144
jameseallenii@gmail.com
Agreed. I think we ALL expected it to be a croc!

Old 12-27-2010, 02:19 AM   #145
AK907
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameseallenii@gmail.com View Post
Agreed. I think we ALL expected it to be a croc!
A croc, a snake, a lion, a shark, a spider. Something associated with being deadly. You can go to Sea World and pet the stingrays.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #146
curtis alan harkrader
just the oppisite i have never ben bit. I work @ Out Of Afirca Wild life park in AZ and deal w cobras,burms,retics,anacondas,tegus,monitors,ect,s m mammals, birds, all kinds of stuff!! And i own 2 burms 3 balls 1 jungle crpt 1 dumeril and a savannah mon. I have ben mesing w animals my whole life. ur right some get bit others dont knock on wood..... I know a guy that got bit by a sloth how duz that happen lol

Old 03-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #147
Outcast
Add Ball python to my list.

Old 03-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #148
Pmsayi
Amethystine python
Amazon Tree boa
Asian Water monitor
Bearded Dragon
Black racer
Black Rat snake
Brazilian rainbow boa
Borneo Blood python
Bull snake
Burmese python
California Kingsnake
Coastal Carpet python
Corn snake
Common boa
Copper head
Crocodile gecko
Day gecko
Diamond x Jungle carpet python
Dumerills Boa
Dumerills monitor
Emerald Tree Boa
Five line skink
Garden Tree boa
Garter snakes
Iguana (Green and dessert)
Jungle Carpet python
Leopard Gecko
Mangrove monitor
Mexican Boa
Nile monitor
Peruvian Red-tail boa
Savannah Monitor
Savu python
Tokay Gecko (Who hasn't been that has handled one?)
White lip python

Non-reptile:
Black lab (As a child, was rabid)
Small mutt
Parakeet
Cockatoo
Rats
Mice
Wolf Spider
Conure
Ferret
Cat (feral)
Horse
Hamster

Old 03-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #149
GreenCountryHerp
I have been bit by several snakes-
Ball pythons
Green tree pythons
Womas
Blood pythons
None of the bites were bad, just those better leave me alone nips.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #150
LEORA22
well i havnt been bitten alot but my pop has hes been bitten by
a gator on the foot it was a bite and let go thankGod and the gator was only about 2ft
black widow that was a nice day
brown recluses about 3o times cuz once they bite you they leave a scent in yah so they can find you ...little stalkers
water moccasins
a pygmy once
a few dogs
and few cell mates also
now ive only been bitten by dogs never by a snake oh i have been bitten by a very evil veiled chameleon lol im pretty lucky

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!