What herps have bitten you? - Page 20 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:13 PM   #191
serpentgirl23
I have been bit by my normal adult BCI female (left 3 teeth in my finger, had to get those removed), my male adult normal BCI, Florida male kingsnake, and Coastal/Jungle Carpet python (All of those were feeding response bites). They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and constantly miss the feeding tongs/prey and head straight to the hand that feeds lol. Still love them all too death.

Old 07-03-2015, 01:54 AM   #192
Night10gail
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentgirl23 View Post
I have been bit by my normal adult BCI female (left 3 teeth in my finger, had to get those removed), my male adult normal BCI, Florida male kingsnake, and Coastal/Jungle Carpet python (All of those were feeding response bites). They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed and constantly miss the feeding tongs/prey and head straight to the hand that feeds lol. Still love them all too death.
No problems with any of mine missing their mark. Though I have to hold my boa's food off to the side so I'm not in firing range, LOL. He grabs those suckers like lightening so if he would happen to strike a little too far to the left or something one day my leg or arm would get it. The python keeps eying up my hand so I kinda tend to just drop his food in rather quick. However, his feeding response is usually pretty slow. He's got to poke it in every spot with his nose first before he decides which is the right end to grab. My corn snake doesn't care. He'll try to swallow it leg first if that's what he happens to grab. Funny watching him try to shove it down then looking frustrating it isn't working and ultimately realizing he's gotta down it head first.

Old 12-11-2015, 05:38 PM   #193
Haley3k1
Luckily I haven't been bitten by too many animals. My bf seems to be the one more prone to getting bitten lol no matter how careful he is.

Ball Python
Amazon Tree Boa
Green Tree Python
Argus Monitor
Also, not a herp but feeder rats too.

Old 12-12-2015, 02:40 PM   #194
Night10gail
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicboa View Post
Impressive list there, Megan. I only own 2 Ball Pythons, and an anery Gopher (Bull) snake that I caught here in my neighborhood (rural northern AZ). All the bites I received were totally my fault, and being a little too slow. So far, no more tags with my current animals, I want to keep it that way.
Thanks. It's not quite up to date anymore. Lost some of the inverts but I've had them for awhile. The boa has since been named Xepher. A guinea pig and 2 sizable tanks of fish have since been brought home.

Old 12-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #195
Idiopathicelectrode
Water monitor
B/W argentine tegu
B/W columbian tegu
Savanna monitor
Garter snake (various)
Milk snake
Leopard gecko
Fence lizard
Anole
Rose hair tarantula
Toad
Bearded dragon
Blue tongued skink
African bullfrog
Tiger salamander
Newt (various)

Old 12-22-2015, 05:34 PM   #196
Sensay15
my list is short.
A baby chacoan b/w tegu
A juvenile dumerils boa
A black roughneck monitor
And a Crested gecko.

Some birds as well
By my two Jenday Conures.
A Macaw.
And a cockatoo...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Old 12-25-2015, 06:29 PM   #197
MissDoomNGloom
Worked at a pet store for a bit, here goes.
Rats, mice, hamsters, gerbils, ferret, schnauzer, german shepherd (he was going after a kid in the street, it was bonkers), tabby cat (at the animal shelter, it got all infected and gross), various horses, alpacas, goats, a cow, ball pythons, hogg island boa, burmese python, bearded dragon (9th grade science class, he got lucky and hit a superficial vein in my ring finger. Blood everywhere.), corn snake, and various geckos (because I like to tease them.)
Overall, I don't do rodents because they will invariably bite me. Dogs are usually okay unless they're crazy. Reptiles usually treat me well, the few exceptions were babies or just me not realizing the herp was having a bad day. Cat mouths are gross and full of bacteria.
Cheers,
MDG

Old 12-27-2015, 02:23 PM   #198
reptileguy112
Nothing too serious, a chameleon (accidentally while feeding), jeweled lacerta, western fence lizard, and Chinese water dragon

Old 12-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #199
reptileguy112
also about 1000 times by a lovebird that was a total dick (I sold her for someone interested in breeding, not playing). If she was out of her cage the room was her cage. I couldnt even be in the room without being attacked.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:42 AM   #200
Black Adder
Not been bitten by too many of my snakes which is not bad considering I own 61 of them and some mean devils amongst them too!
Probably the worst was by my normally placid Brazillian Rainbow Boa, he has a LOT of teeth and bit down hard! Blood everywhere and marks left for weeks.
Thinking back I would have to say additionaly, a sonoran gopher , a ball python, various baby ratsnakes, a false water cobra( just a warning nip fortunately), Blackhead Python and Chinese King rat snake.

Remember old man say ..."anything with teeth can bite!"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!