Info Mike @ Outback Reptiles - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:01 AM   #111
LauraB
And to be clear, I do not give a rat's behind about Mike; my post was NOT a defense of his horrible, idiotic posts that Robert acknowledged and linked.

Old 02-07-2019, 12:51 AM   #112
Robert Walker
Mr. Davis has had an infatuation with me since the Ty Park thread. His ability to: gloss over this thread's actual timeline, remain completely silent on the quotes presented, lob conjecture and solely focus on me illustrates this point yet again.
I'm flattered.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:08 AM   #113
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Get over it.
Laura you seem to have in mind the exact number of times that someone is permitted to express their opinion, and when it comes to Mike you seem oddly overprotective. I suggest that you get over that, because trying to control such expression by insulting people with personal attacks is in itself harmful to the BOI.

Quote:
When was the last time you did business with them
I can't believe I am hearing this from you. The BOI is founded upon peer opinion, one need not to have done business to express thoughts about a person or company. Usually it is the Bad Guys that come up with that, I'm surprised at you, Laura.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:46 AM   #114
Lucille
Quote:
Yeah, Mike and Outback have made mistakes; please, Lucille, give me a big name herp biz that has NOT ever made mistakes
So what exactly are you saying? That simply because others have made mistakes too, that we should hush up and not bring up any made by Mike?

Quote:
FB crap
Initially I did not understand this comment. While it is true that I have only recently ventured into any kind of significant fb time, mostly because of an impending cross country move by one of my children, I did not think that would bring such a reaction. So I went looking around and found what I believe Laura may have been referring to.

Apparently Mike showed up at a FB group and posted a request for reviews of Outback. Not only was it pointed out by a group admin that this group felt that the request was an impermissible sales technique, but also Mike apparently made a rude comment to someone who did post a review, but it was a Bad Guy review of Outback.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:33 AM   #115
Lucille
Quote:
Oh, good grief! Lucille, why the heck would you resurrect a freaking 2-year old thread?
It did not seem to bother you when Mike himself brought up the issues in this particular thread a few days ago in a different thread

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=680821

Old 02-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #116
thomas davis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
So are you saying that the quotes that Robert posted are untrue or inaccurate? How does WHEN they were posted make any difference? Does it diminish their truthfulness or accuracy in any way? What makes them inappropriate now compared to being posted a week, or month ago?

So are you claiming that this thread should now be locked because Mike isn't likely to have access to the BOI any longer? If so, should this not apply to EVERY thread in this forum as well?

What are you saying exactly?
1.not saying anything that bob post is untrue or inaccurate.
2.I feel its sad to taunt mike prior then the day after post to get that last word in and from a moderator no less.
3.no , I feel it inappropriate to post such dribble the day after, its his right just like its mine to say so.
4.ive never claimed this or any thread should be locked.
5.i feel anyone or business that rep. is being attacked should have the opportunity to defend themselves and mike does just has to become a contributor I get that taking jabs and knowing well it is what it is.
6.alot of questions hopefully ive explained my post.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:40 AM   #117
thomas davis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Mr. Davis has had an infatuation with me since the Ty Park thread. His ability to: gloss over this thread's actual timeline, remain completely silent on the quotes presented, lob conjecture and solely focus on me illustrates this point yet again.
I'm flattered.
wow. well since you brought it up you showed your true colors in that thread, come to think of in this one to

Old 02-07-2019, 11:27 AM   #118
Reptar
These recent post are the reason I feel the BOI might have lost its usefulness and will most likely go the way of the dodo bird at this point. I for one love this site and became a contributing member once I heard it was in trouble because the BOI has been a great tool in the past. Unfortunately it seems people can't have different opinions on here anymore without someone questioning their motives. I have done business with Outback reptiles in the past (Ian mostly) and have never had any issues.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:50 AM   #119
Will0W783
I will say that I agree that the quoted posts by Mike were unprofessional. However, I've done business with several of the guys at Outback multiple times over the years, Mike included, and every transaction was good. The one time I did have an issue with an animal I bought from them, Mike handled it very well and resolved it quickly.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:18 PM   #120
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
Unfortunately it seems people can't have different opinions on here anymore without someone questioning their motives.
Part of the BOI is the questioning back and forth, that is the crucible from which truth emerges. Not everyone's motive for all they do is pure, but sometimes it is, and generally after some back and forth readers can make up their own mind.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!