Anyone dealt with Boca Reptiles? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-26-2004, 09:52 PM   #31
kimtall
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Gubitz
Kim.... I have no idea what transpired between the two of you.... I'm his friend, NOT his keeper.... I had nothing to do with what went on with the two of you, nor do I want to know.... that was HIS business.... don't put me in that boat when I had nothing to do with it.... If I thought he did the right thing, I wouldn't have spent my time and money correcting some of the things that went wrong FOR HIM.... not ME!.... You're right, he owes you an apology at the very least, but to call me unethical for trying to help a friend, is way out of line.... had I known about your problem, I probably would have tried to help with that one, too, and you wouldn't have had to wait to charge it back.... but, don't say I'm as bad as he is because I helped make right, the things that went wrong.... you should be so lucky as to have a friend like me.

Neil
You're right Neil, you have no idea what transpired between me and Sal, but you come on here and defend him and say he made things right with everyone. At this point, you are making it your business. You have gotten yourself involved and should have stayed competely out of it.

I have friends way better than you Neil. They don't associate with people like Sal. If my friend ripped innocent people off, I would not defend them or protect them. If someone they did wrong came to me I would give them whatever info they needed. I would turn them into the police if that would make things right for the people that they wronged. You keep saying you helped make right the things he did wrong, but obviously you don't know exactly how many people he screwed. I would not have asked for your help or anyone elses, because it is no one elses problem. I warned Sal that i was going to get a charge back and file a complaint with internet fraud, kingsnake and the BBB and I did. He did not even have balls to contact me and he still doesn't. Are you his mommy or something? Bailing him out of whatever he gets himself into? When is he going to be a man and take resposibitly for his actions. You say you have loaned him thousands of dollars. Why??? Isn't he a grown man that should be able to take care of himself? I don't care what problems he has had lately either. What do they have to do with the 623.00 I paid him?? Absolutely nothing. What about all of the other things he has done in the past??? What was his excuse for them?? He is a Liar and thief and probably a convicted criminal pretty soon. Why would you defend him? You are basically condoning what he does by coming on here for him and defending him and telling everyone he is changing. How many times have we heard this before??? Like I said before "a leopard cannot change his spots" and "when you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas". Tell Sal I am still waiting for him to be a man and come out of hiding and apologize to me. He was is and will always be scum and as for you, well you can come to your own coclusion of what I think of you.

Old 02-26-2004, 10:40 PM   #32
BryonsBoas
He has listed his number in his ads

One of which is still on Reptibid.com. If hes trying to fix that which is broken I'm sure you can reach him at that number . If most of everything has been fixed then he shouldn't be getting that many calls. That was a sweet redtail Sal. Wish you didn't have these past experiences on ya but knowing what I've read here she'll have to find a new home elsewhere. Not bashing anybody , have my own past to deal with and I wasn't exactly an angel either but I've spent most of my life paying for it and fixing it. Hard road for ya if you're serious.

Old 02-26-2004, 10:42 PM   #33
Neil Gubitz
Well, Kim.... I hope your little tirade made you feel better??
My answer is.... I guess it's like a Defense Attorney who defends the worst of our society.... Everybody needs someone in their corner no matter what they did.... I never said I condoned what Sal did, I think it was dead wrong, but, I'm sure any explanation I give will fall on your deaf ears anyway, so why bother??
I'm glad you got your money back, no matter HOW you got it back....
Think of me any way you want, it's a free country, and I'll still sleep very soundly tonight knowing I helped a friend.

Neil

Old 02-27-2004, 12:01 AM   #34
screamdreams
You know what???

It's all money, money, money. By no means I'm a making light of all of those who have been taken advantage of by Sal/Upstate, and as far as Neil goes, I think what he's done to help some of those people is a nice gesture, and maybe even a breath of fresh air so to speak, but the bottom line here is the animals...I am sick and freaking tired of people who feel animals are a disposable item that have nothing more than a monetary value...it's sick, it's sad, and it's unexcusable. Sure, we want to make money doing something we love...but in all honesty, some just don't love what they do. I highly doubt any of us can "repay" the Tiger in Sal's past...or what about the dead Rosy??? Can we refund him his life back??? I don't think so. Neil, you're stating to grow on me, and I truly believe you were doing what you thought was right, and it was nice of you to step in and help put some closure on some past transactions for Sal and his some of his cusromers, but even though my words are just that, and from a "stranger" no less, I think the best advice I could give anyone (besides "do all things with love", "cherish your children", and "be close to God", and oh yeah..."support our troops") would be to "choose your friends wisely"...Neil, I'd like to consider myself a "friend" of yours...but Sal on the other hand...he's one of the very few things I've seen discussed on the BOI lately that is 100% het..."het for what?" you ask...oh, how I wish those animals could talk

Old 02-27-2004, 12:09 AM   #35
The BoidSmith
Speaking of Sal's debts, was Raymond Goushaw ever paid back?

Regards.

Old 02-27-2004, 12:15 AM   #36
kimtall
I completely agree that animals are the most important thing, but I was not purchasing an animal from Sal, It was an enclosure. My problem with Sal has nothing to do with an animal and If it was your 623.00 you would be unhappy too. What if I had payed with cash or a personal check or something other than my credit card? I would not have my money back, that's what.

Neil, Tirade? How would you feel if someone knowingly took advantage of you?? I have never screwed anyone over in my life. I am an honest person with strong moral values. I am sure you and Sal sleep great at night because you don't care about anyone but yourselves. It is my guess that you only paid the people back that you did, because you charged their credit card on your machine and had no other choice. Am I right Neil? I think you were just covering your own butt.

Old 02-27-2004, 12:15 AM   #37
The BoidSmith
And how about Alan Ong?

Quote:
IN MID DEC. I PURCHASED A CAGE FROM SAL TOTALLING $687 AND HE KEEPS PROMISING ME HE WILL SHIP AND TO THIS DAY STILL NO CAGES. I AM GETTING REALLY FRUSTRATED AND JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. HE KEEPS TELLING ME HE IS GOING TO SEND OUT THEN NOTHING. I HAVE MADE THE COMPLAINT WITH PAYPAL AND THEY HAVE FOUND HIM AT FAULT. I AM NOW GOING TO DO THE SAME WITH THE CREDIT CARD I PUT IT ON. IF ANYONE ELSE KNOWS WHAT TO DO JUST EMAIL ME AT alanong1977@yahoo.com. WHAT REALLY MAKES ME MAD IS HE SEEMS TO DO THIS WITH EVERYONE. THANKYOU FOR YOUR TIME, ALAN.
Regards.

Old 02-27-2004, 12:29 AM   #38
screamdreams
Kimtall...

you are absolutely correct, and like I said, I wasn't making "light" of anyone's situation money wise w/ Sal. As a matter of fact I actually forgot about all of the "cage cons" as well...man, what a guy. I was only trying to express my feelings on someone that doesn't even care for the animals he deals with, let alone his customers. Sadly both have had to suffer the consequences. Sorry if you thought I was coming down on anybody expessing their feelings on their personal financial loss or losses. I'd be ticked too. So in short - I have sympathy for everyone and thing involved...except Sal.

Old 02-27-2004, 01:54 AM   #39
Neil Gubitz
Kim.... look.... grow up and get a life....I couldn't care less WHAT you (or anybody else) think of me.... I paid those people back because one of them I put on my credit card machine and felt obligated for it, and the other I just helped Sal out.... With Vinny, I could have EASILY fought the credit card company because he got delivery and I had all the proof I needed to win, but I didn't.... I paid him his money back and that was that!.... Sure I asked him to see if UPS would do it first, because UPS TOLD ME that only the receiver could put in for a credit when something was damaged.... when they said they wouldn't pay.... I did, I didn't fight it and I didn't argue, I just paid it.... but you can keep your little pessimistic attitude and put it where the sun don't shine for all I care.... I did right by my friend and that's all I care about.... I don't condone what he did and I still don't, but he needed help and I gave it to him.... period.... I had nothing to do with your problem and whether you like me or not doesn't phase me in the least.... all you care about is your own self-interest and that's it.... you got your money back, now go spend it anywhere you want....

and anybody that tells you they're in this business strictly for the love of the animals is full of it.... everyone is in it for the money, period, and if you think any different, you better get a check on reality.... I've never seen anyone that bred a couple of animals and then just gave them away for free.... total fiction and it never happens.... not one person would do anything these days if they didn't get paid for it in one way or another.... especially people like me who do this for a living.... and don't for one minute think that I don't love the animals I sell, I take the best of care of them and I feed them more than I feed myself (yeah, I know there will be someone, gee, I wonder who it will be??, who will continue to bring up the two animals that Rozann received for the next century, but I expect that).... I dote on my animals day and night.... but if it wasn't for the good living I make off of them, I'd find another business that would give me a living, as any of you would.... so stop being so self-righteous and egotistical as to think you're the only one that cares for the animals.... any one of us that do this full time are in it for the money first.... period!

As for Sal.... I will give anybody the benefit of the doubt if they prove to me they really want to do the right thing.... that's what the term, "Love your fellow man" is all about....

Just tonight I had a Professor at Harvard call me and tell me that he has read everything you people have ever written about me and all the threads I've posted in rebuttal, he ended up buying $900 worth of my animals because of it, so don't think that the 100 or so people that actually post on this board out of the 6000+ people that are registered all think like you do, because they don't, if they did, I might not say some of the things I do, but they think like I do, that most of the nay-sayers on here are just looking out for number one and making themselves feel like better people by putting other's down, you make them as sick as you make me, so I guess the feeling is mutual.... There's not one person on this site who hasn't made a mistake or two in their lives, yet you act like you're Mother Teresa, clean as the driven snow.... it's the way you get in everybody else's business without knowing what it is you're talking about that drives them nuts.... It's the "security in numbers" mentality that permeates this site.... one person starts badmouthing someone and then the rest of the sheep bleet in soon after.... then let's not forget the one's that will QUOTE every paragraph in this thread and spout their own nonsense by asking the most ridiculous questions, when the answers are already in this thread, if they just cared to read and understand what they just read, because THEY are the one's that know it all, superior to everyone.... it's laughable and very predictable....

This thread is supposed to be about how we can make Sal into a better person and a credit to this community.... but will you give him that chance??.... Probably not.... I bet if you got a new puppy, and it kept crapping on your rug over and over and over again, instead of teaching him how to go outside after every mistake, why don't you just kill it and be done with it??.... You wouldn't dream of doing that, you'd (hopefully) teach him with praise and not a stiff right hook.... that's the way you get him to do the right thing, and eventually he will, if you give him that chance.... the same goes for Sal, or anyone else that truly wants to make a change in the way they conduct their lives.... if you would all just get off your high horses and know that, "But for the grace of God", you could be in this same position, maybe.... just maybe, you can see where I'm coming from and ease up on everyone in his position....

Don't bother asking me any questions about this diatribe, just read it again and you'll get your answer....

Neil

Old 02-27-2004, 02:03 AM   #40
Ken Harbart
Quote:
Just tonight I had a Professor at Harvard call me and tell me that he has read everything you people have ever written about me and all the threads I've posted in rebuttal, he ended up buying $900 worth of my animals because of it
No accounting for taste. What did he buy, an albino corn?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!