Bad Guy FRAUD ALERT: ERIC IVINS, SOUTH CENTRAL HERPETOLOGICAL - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #51
reptileexperts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misthold View Post
As a Update, I have received a e-mail from SCH today... The did state they do have the animals and can ship.. long story short version, the nuts and bolts are, Current concerns on their end,, not shipping.. They have worries that if they ship before the case is closed, I could still dispute and they would be out the animals and the payment.. So understandably don't want to ship before the case is resolved,, Sadly I too have concerns that if I now close the dispute, I do not have any other options to retrieve my money if indeed they don't..
We have a breakdown in communication, breakdown in trust and even expectations really only offers a stalemate..

The only solution that does not involve risk or a leap of faith is a refund. as such I have asked for at this time.. and I will update as things change..
FWIW - Once a dispute has been closed it can not be reopened. This is a possible tactic used by sellers to get you to close the dispute, and then, when they do not send shipment, you lose buyer protection and its no longer something they will have to worry about. Breakdown of trust or not. I would highly suggest you do not close a dispute. Follow it through, and if he ships, as has been suggested, pay the money back.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:24 PM   #52
nickolasanastasiou
Agreed. It is the other party's turn to act on faith since the buyer's well should have run dry by now.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:30 PM   #53
chazzz
Actually the seller is still protected regardless of the buyer opening a dispute. If the seller ships and the buyer tries to escalate it to a claim the seller can fight it simply by providing the tracking number. Opening a dispute doesn't mean the buyer can do whatever they want. When a dispute is open both sides are able to state their cases and if either one seller or buyer feels the need to escalate it to a claim they can regardless of who opened up the dispute. So the excuse Eric gave is BS, he still has as much protection as he did before he went off the radar neglecting his obligations, open dispute or closed. You never close a dispute until you're satisfied and have received what you paid for. If he waits long enough Paypal will escalate it to a claim and then favor with the buyer if he still refuses to ship. But DO NOT close the dispute until you have your animals or refund!!!

Old 04-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #54
LauraB
Quote:
That is why, Jordan/ Gecko Geek, you can't get and will not get true, current photos of animals Eric claims to have for sale. Eric does not have them
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Are we sure of the underlined part?
No, I and we are not. Touchè

Old 04-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #55
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzz View Post
But DO NOT close the dispute until you have your animals or refund!!!

I wholeheartedly agree.

I would demand they either ship the animals or refund my money immediately, inform them that is the only way the dispute will be closed.

The more buyers that come out, the more familiar this becomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-17-2014, 06:58 PM   #56
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
No, I and we are not. Touchè
Thanks. I just want to make sure I am looking at this as even-handedly as I can.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:11 AM   #57
misthold
I would NOT refuse the animals, I really was serious when I purchased them..

I don't plan to close it, don't plan to screw SCH either.. But it IS a legitimate concern.. on both sides.. If the issue is resolved I will post all info.. why I did post the update.. Not to imply that they where pulling a tactic but to accept their concerns.. only fair..

I just they did not have them..

Old 04-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #58
misthold
opps sorry just wish they do not have their "concerns" over shipping and I push it further trying to get the animals and not pay....

Old 04-18-2014, 10:02 AM   #59
sdlyager
I'm in the same boat. No response since first of March for an order I had paid for. ;(

Old 04-18-2014, 11:32 AM   #60
misthold
back on topic however as much as I am kind of at a loss.. I posted my current dilemma only to point out no may not be a scam, but also a personal experience to animals ordered not shipped.. and want to be honest about some concerns and experiences, and a update as I had said they had not contacted me.. now have.. we have had some others chime in.. but....

Has the OP who started this thread gotten any reposes as of yet to the delays? the insufficient funds?? only fair.. right?
My intention was never to take over the OP thread.. just say hey.. I also have some issues, don't discount and give the vendor a chance to reply...

sadly not sure why nothing yet....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!