Inquiry - RyanT Ryan Trude - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #1
Scott Ashton
Inquiry - RyanT Ryan Trude

First a little background -

I am new to this insanity of Ball Pythons.

My nephew got me into the whole thing.

I responded to an ad on this site with the intention of purchasing a female Graziani line pastel from RyanT.

After I had started a dialogue with Ryan (who my nephew recently bought 2 balls from) I found some entries on the BOI that concerned me. While my nephew is a good kid, he is just that, a kid and he tends to be a great bit more trusting than my jaded self.

I am looking for anyone who has purchased Balls from Ryan and would like your feedback. Please, do not rehash what I have already read about him.

I believe that people can change, and I'm willing to consider what I have read to be in the past if others can attest to the quality of his current animals.

Thanks in advance.

-Scott Ashton

Old 11-14-2005, 11:53 PM   #2
JasonBrennan
I recently made a trade with Ryan. The animal I recieved was not a ball python, but rather a boa. The animal I recieved was in perfect condition. He ate 3 days after arriving with no hesitation. The packing job was perfect and I could not have been happier.

Based on my experience with Ryan, I would not hesitate to do business with him again.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:27 PM   #3
Scott Ashton
I lost

Jason,

Thanks for the feedback.

I've also heard from someone who recently dealt with Ryan and was extremely satisfied with the animal he received as well as all aspects of Ryan's service.

Unfortunately, I let previous feedback on this board prejudice my decision and I lost out on what is undoubtedly an excellent female pastel.

I can say that based upon my research to date that I would absolutely NOT HESTITATE to do business with Ryan in the future.

-Scott Ashton

Old 11-15-2005, 08:54 PM   #4
jsrocket
Here's a thread to check out

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=73206

Old 11-16-2005, 07:14 AM   #5
screamdreams
Quote:
Unfortunately, I let previous feedback on this board prejudice my decision and I lost out on what is undoubtedly an excellent female pastel.
Forgive me if I'm reading you wrong here, but that almost sounded like a stab at the BOI. It just didn't read well to me. The "previous feedback" you had mention in most cases may have kept you or someone else getting burned, although this wasn't the case with Ryan. I've done business with him as well, and the transaction went very well. I'd consider yourself lucky that the worse thing that happened here was not being able to purchase the animal.

Quick word of advice, let the previous feedback on this board prejudice your decision with regards to making any purchases from Carolina Reptile Exchange, Bearded Pets, Digital Reptiles, Reptile Pit, Boca Raton Reptiles, Emily Fegan, DHSERPS, Dan Bifield, Sergio Martinez, _____________, well...you get my drift

My apologies for this intrusion, and in no way did I mean to sound like I was attacking you for being ticked for missing the chance to purchase I nice animal, I just thought I had a valid point here. We must take the good with the bad.

Again, my personal experience with Ryan was superfantastic - but as far as your luck goes, be grateful, you could be sitting $3,000 in fake het Pieds from good ole' Bearded Pets.

Peace

Old 11-16-2005, 04:35 PM   #6
Scott Ashton
Post No stabbing here

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamdreams
Forgive me if I'm reading you wrong here, but that almost sounded like a stab at the BOI.
I forgive you. No stab intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamdreams
Again, my personal experience with Ryan was superfantastic -
That's all I really wanted to hear.

My uncertainty was due largely to the fact that there was mixed feedback. Clearly Ryan's feedback is not as black & white as some of the others whom you mentioned. And much to his credit, he has acknowledged his lapses in judgement, which in my opinion are behind him.

My final conclusion is that which I posted above. Based upon your feedback and Jason's, as well as one from someone whom with Ryan recently did business, I would conduct business with Ryan in the future - without hesitation.

-Scott Ashton

Old 11-16-2005, 04:37 PM   #7
Scott Ashton
Post No problems here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
I'm okay with Ryan's position here.

I think it says volumes that the guy sought advice from fellow members.

-Scott Ashton

Old 08-01-2007, 08:16 PM   #8
Pink Lady Exotics
I purchased 2 large adult female ball pythons from Ryan, and while I'm not happy about how they were packaged, I am happy with both females and how the transaction went. He stayed in constant communication, waited for me to send my postal money order via mail and then payment for the 2nd girl via PayPal a week later, and shipped immediately the next day. Both girls are in great physical condition and are very lively and (so far) pretty docile. Their weights are exactly what he said they were, and I'm happy to have them.

Lola -- 2674g

Dawn -- 2542g

This is how they were packaged...needless to say, a few improvements need to be made, namingly the addition of a sturdier, appropriate box, insulation on all sides, and more padding. FedEx obviously dropped this box as it arrived damaged, so I'm lucky the girls are OK.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:09 PM   #9
critical bill
I would've named those snakes Lucky1 & Lucky2.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #10
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
I would've named those snakes Lucky1 & Lucky2.

No doubt.

Jen, anyone who would ship live animals this time of year like that has absolutely no care or consideration for the animals at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!