How old is our baby? We think breeder was wrong... :/ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-14-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
shelldom
How old is our baby? We think breeder was wrong... :/

We got our little Petri about 3 weeks ago, and the person we bought him said he was about 3 1/2 weeks. While he has definitely grown in the time that we have had him/her, he is only about 3 inches from snout to the base of his tail. He eats up to 45 crickets a day, unless we give him Phoenix worms, and his temps are what they should be. How old do you think he is? I was relieved that he was at 6 weeks but now Im not so sure...

Old 05-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
shelldom
Sorry the dates are wrong. We just took the pics today, besides the first one which was a few days ago. By the way, what color does he look like to you? Just a normal beardie baby?

Old 05-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #3
Tere Salazar
Oh, what a darling baby.

You know, it's been so long since I've had babies in the house, that although I'd like to offer some guidance, I think it'd be better for someone else to try to help here.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
Tere Salazar
Nope, he's definitely not just a normal. He may not look like much now, but just wait till he's about a year old. His color should come out more with each shed. He's going to be a very pretty boy! I couldn't tell you just from looking at him, but if you know his bloodlines, you could look around for some pics of adults with something similar, and that might give you some ideas of what you could expect.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
Gina Gauvin
Hi Shehla,
He/She seems about average for a 5-6wk old. There is not an exact size he should be. At his age in a batch you will see some an inch smaller and an inch bigger. It all depends on the individual. And whether he's healthy depends on if he's eating and active, basking, and his tail base should be rounded. In the pic he looks alert and he's basking.

Good luck~!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!