Body Fluids Poll Take Two - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

View Poll Results: How unpleasant ARE you?
Disgusting! Only freaks with nasaly oriented perversions would ever open a used kleenex! 9 25.00%
I'm unable to control my obsession with viewing my own snot. Someone should start a support group. 27 75.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2004, 07:02 AM   #11
TooManyBurmese
I work in a shop, so at the end of the day the stuff that is up my nose makes me nauseous.

But I still pick my nose and eat it, but Seamus forgot to add that option...

Old 10-24-2004, 12:08 AM   #12
RedQuake
Interesting thread. Well as a personal support worker, helping others, *looking* at all bodily fluids is second nature to me. My job includes not only supporting individuals with activities of daily living but keeping watch for anything that might suggest a change to their health. So for example, coloured nasel disharge could indicate an infection, black stool could indicate blood, dark or cloudy urine could be a sign of a bladder infection etc. Its not a nice living but someone has to do it LOL. Personally i try not to look at anything due to seeing enough at work. I've become rather desensidized and can even deal with being thrown up on without adding to the mess but i do continue to have one real weakness.......drool.

Ok sorry if i've grossed out anyone. I've become a bit tired and worn out from the job so i'm taking a break in hopes of going back to school and using my artistic talent to find a new career.

Red

Old 10-25-2004, 12:41 AM   #13
sirenofthestorm
most of my experience with bodily discharges/liquids has to do with watching and cleaning up after my siblings. My littlest sister gets nose bleeds all the time, and has an easily upset stomach which was just wonderful when she was a toddler LOL.

I can handle blood, snot, and drool if its someone I know and care about. No biggie. But hearing someone puke and smelling it gets to me. Oh and pee. I know guys go anywhere and everywhere but jeez, that doesn't mean I need to see it, hear it, or be within 10 ft of anyone doing that unless they're in the stall next to me.

Old 10-25-2004, 09:19 AM   #14
bcfos
I am just wondering what in the world made Seamus think this up??

As for me I use a thing called tact when around others. I don't even blow my nose in public if I can help it let alone view the aftermath. But in private I may if something dictates that I should view it. Oh yeah when I am alone in my home I will also fart if need be and not try and hold it in.

Old 10-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #15
robin d.
speaking of farting brian... it brings back memories of christmas day.
my brother laying on their backs in front of the fire place trying to light their farts with those long (12 inch) lighters............
and this was NOT when we were kids. the oldest one of them at the time was prolly around 30... ahhhh what a way to grow up 3 other siblings all boys... i was the only girl and youngest

Old 10-25-2004, 10:53 AM   #16
RedQuake
Brain, its amazing now many people don't use tact when around other people. I've always found watching people to be very interesting, one reason i took sociology, so i'd sit in the park or in the car when mymom went shopping and just observed people. The weirdest thing i saw was when some painting was being done to a building and those on the side walk would go out into traffic to avoid walking under the workers ladder. Apparently people would rather be hit by a car then be cursed LOL.

As for flatulance (farts). My grandmother always said its better to have an empty house than a misrable tenent. And i agree. Gas pain can get Very Very painful. I do believe that there is socially acceptable things and there are those that are not so excusing oneself to run to the closest bathroom is much better than just blowing people over HAHA. Then again i was facinated with a guy in school who could belch the entire alphabet LOL but i was younger then.

Regardless of social status, age, race etc, bodily fuctions/fluids is something we all do/have. It brings us all back to the same level of EEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LOL

Old 10-25-2004, 05:18 PM   #17
sirenofthestorm
Oh I'm a people watcher too! people do some funny things when they think no one is watching. Women have a tendency to pull undergarments out of places they shouldn't be and men... well men are just gross lol.

Lianne, are you sure that wasn't my uncle that could belch the alphabet? I swear there is a reason we don't have many males per generation in my family, they always end up weird.

Old 10-25-2004, 05:49 PM   #18
RedQuake
Hehehe no i'm sure it wasn't your uncle I agree that men can just be plain rude LOL (((no offence intended just my point of view))) I have 2 younger brothers that just gross me out! Honestly if a man can't pee IN the toilet instead of on it or the floor then its time for him to start sitting down!!! LOL. Then again i know some woman who can manage to do the same thing and leave me wondering how do you do that when your SITTING DOWN???

Frankly the more we talk about the subject of bodily functions the more i dread going back to that field of work. I'm just waiting for paperwork to come through then i'll be trying to get some sponsership from employment insurance to go back to school for art. Getting covered in crap daily is just not what i thought my life would be like. I had such goals!!!!!! Ok sorry had to vent alittle

On a happier note, when my first brother was born my dad was changing his diaper in the hospital (he was a very sick baby) and suddenly it began to rain.......the nurses couldn't help cause they were laughing so hard at the fact that my brother was peeing straight up in the air LOL

Old 10-25-2004, 08:12 PM   #19
sirenofthestorm
LOL. I have 3 bothers, which, ironically, I fall smack in the middle of order-wise. But thank god I have 4 sisters. When I still lived at home, it was my job to clean the bathroom. One time my older brother didn't flush for whatever reason I don't care to know, and I pitched a FIT. I mean come on. push the lever. its not that hard. We live in the great lake state, its not as if we have to conserve every drop of water.

Old 10-25-2004, 11:36 PM   #20
robin d.
Red,
are you sure it wasnt monte belching the alphabet???
as for men and peeing... everyone of my brothers either missed the pot entirely and peed on the floor or wall.... did not put the seat up and pee on the seat or put the seat up and then no place it back down (hows about sitting in the toilet water for a fun after noon). one of the many thing that makes my husband such a wonderful man is he does none of them. he puts the seat down ... no pee on the seats, floor or walls i suspect this is from being raised by three very strong women (mom,grandma and sister [no pops]) and the fact he lived with three generations (four individual women) whom were the beachiest woman on the face of this earth... when he was married to his first wife (apparantly the apple didnt fall far from the tree).... peeing on the seat over there might get him the axe in his sleep LOL especially from ol senile granny

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!