Bad Guy Josh of OUTBACK REPTILES - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:54 AM   #11
Ryan Beatty
I also had a bad experience with Josh. I was interested in a pair of rosy boas and told him I would take them if they were eating frozen/thawed. He told me he only feeds live. I asked him to offer them a f/t and if they accepted it I'd take them. He basically said it was too much trouble. Weeks later the same animals were still for sale.

I only feed my snakes f/t unless they refuse then I resort to live. Most of my customers prefer f/t feeders to live any day. Thought this was pretty much the industry standard, except with balls of course.

Just my experience with Josh.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 AM   #12
Megpie
I've never posted on here before so I sure hope I do it right... lol My boyfriend and I bought a pair of snow bulls from Outback Reptiles and we couldn't be happier with them! Just my own personal experience.

Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 AM   #13
Kingofspades
This baffles me. A large chunk of my collection has come from Josh and I have never had a problem with Josh or Outback.
I've gotten:
1.0 CH pastel
1.1 CH Yellowbelly (male proved out this season, female should breed next)
0.1 CH dinker adult (adult)
0.1 CH cinnamon (adult)
1.0 Red Axanthic
20 ghana babies (bags)

Not a single hiccup.

Old 06-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
JColt
Has Josh been notified of this post?

Old 06-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #15
endrin
I am in no way saying that all outback reptiles does is screw people, this is my experiance with them and mine only. Its sad i have to come on here and do this because its so damn simple to fix, all i want is a full refund and for men to be men and do the right thing...

Old 06-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #16
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by endrin View Post
I am in no way saying that all outback reptiles does is screw people, this is my experiance with them and mine only. Its sad i have to come on here and do this because its so damn simple to fix, all i want is a full refund and for men to be men and do the right thing...
Maybe I'm not reading the emails right but they said they were going to see what they could do. They did drop the ball on getting back to you if there are no further responses. Why not look up their phone number, see what they want to do, and make arrangements to ship the snake you have back to them?

Old 06-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
endrin
I have the number, but much like the many first attempts i tried to make i got nothing back.. I even spoke to someone who works for them on another fourm site and he assured me he would deliver the message and still nothing. Its like little kid crap....

Old 06-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #18
ColinWeaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Beatty View Post
I also had a bad experience with Josh. I was interested in a pair of rosy boas and told him I would take them if they were eating frozen/thawed. He told me he only feeds live. I asked him to offer them a f/t and if they accepted it I'd take them. He basically said it was too much trouble. Weeks later the same animals were still for sale.

I only feed my snakes f/t unless they refuse then I resort to live. Most of my customers prefer f/t feeders to live any day. Thought this was pretty much the industry standard, except with balls of course.

Just my experience with Josh.
I also only feed live food. If you were to contact me about a snake I would tell you the same thing Josh did; I'm not going to kill a rodent, freeze it, thaw it and then offer it to a snake as part of a sale. It is exactly what Josh suggested it would be: too much effort. Next thing we know you'll be asking if it eats on paper, aspen or mulch. Should Josh try feeding it on the substrate you prefer, too? How about enclosure size? Should he try to feed it in different size tubs, too? That's a slippery slope, don't you think?

Sounds to me like Josh was honest with you. He didn't snowball you and tell you what you wanted to hear in order to make the sale. And you call that honesty a "bad experience"...

Old 06-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #19
Lucille
josh@outbackreptiles.com
703-365-2262 Office _____\
703-789-1697 Cell / These are from his current ads

Did you try both numbers?

Old 06-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #20
FireStorm
I cut out some of the stuff in between the emails and the ones that repeat. I think I got the headers right, but I couldn't find the header for the last one. Hopefully that will make it easier to follow. I think I got the pic to work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrin View Post
Junk as in hemipenis, yes i know how to sex but being i have never had an animale sent to me that was sexed wrong i figured i was getting what i paid for. It took 2 weeks because i have no idea why im not there 24/7 nor is he, tho he was lucky enough to have caught it.

Here is the pic

here are the gmails

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 13:13:25 -0400
To: <josh@outbackreptiles.com>
Subject: thayeri

Hi, i have been trying to contact you by phone all last week and left messages about a thayeri "female" you sold me thats in reality a male. I have no room or need of a male anything, If you have a female i would exchange the male for thats great if not a refund is in order. Plz get back to me asap.

Paul adamo.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM, <josh@outbackreptiles.com> wrote:

What state are you in?
Thanks Outbackreptiles josh@outbackreptiles.com703-789-1697 cell 703-365-2262 office

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 13:48:56 -0400
Subject: Re: thayeri

In Brooklyn NY 11217. I have pics of him with his lil man out on my cell if you would like to see.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:51 PM, <josh@outbackreptiles.com> wrote:
Will you be at the next white plains show?

Thanks Outbackreptiles josh@outbackreptiles.com703-789-1697 cell 703-365-2262 office

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 13:54:37 -0400

I will be away from th 5th to the 14 of july.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:55 PM, <josh@outbackreptiles.com> wrote:
How did you sex the animal?

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 13:57:17 -0400

he was in with one of my males and his hemi penis came out.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 1:58 PM, <josh@outbackreptiles.com> wrote:

Can you email me the pics?

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:14:09 -0400

Get the pic?

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:14 PM, <josh@outbackreptiles.com> wrote:
Got it.
Let me see what we can do.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Amanda Paul <helixunlimitedsnakes@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok

Amanda Paul
Jun 11 (5 days ago)
to josh

Hey man, 7 days since we last spoke. what up?
As for my experiences with Josh, I have dealt with him before he started to work for Outback, and again recently with Outback. I've always been very happy, so I'm hoping this gets resolved. I don't know what to say about the lack of communication, but I would recommend sexing any animal as soon as you receive it. Pretty much any breeder can make a sexing mistake, and you're just lucky if you've never had it happen before. Getting the mistake fixed seems to be easier the sooner it's caught, too, at least from what I've seen.

As for the poster who was unhappy that Josh wouldn't test feed F/T, I agree with Colin. I wouldn't do that either. I don't have F/T on hand, so it would actually be quite a bit of trouble. I honestly don't think that counts as a bad experience. I'm also not really sure that F/T is the "industry standard"...I know plenty of breeders/dealers that feed only live. F/T is alot of work if you have a large collection, and I found that I had more wasted feeders....

Hopefully it's ok that I copied and pasted the emails like that...I was just trying to make them easier to read.

Shelly Wetterstroem

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!