yearling KSB photos - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
ophidile
yearling KSB photos

I've been trying to do a little more photography these days, and have been thinking about making some cards or prints. But I have no really nice shots of my kenyans! So I had a photoshoot today, thought I'd share some of the nicer photos here...

Houdini or Hou, a yearling girl I produced. She actually managed to escape from the litter (of 18!), somehow, before I collected it! But I found her in the corner - she was the orangest and a flawless f/t feeder, had to keep her!

And now some older photos, here's her parents (2 year old male + 8 year old female!)

They did good, here's her sibs:

Old 02-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
Randall Turner
That first girl has some beautiful color to her. I love kenyans, some of my all time favorites.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
And now some older photos, here's her parents (2 year old male + 8 year old female!)
This is a cool shot. I am always amazed at the size difference between my male and female kenyans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophidile View Post
They did good, here's her sibs:
Another cool shot. I also find it interesting that the babies almost all come out either in shed or go into shed within a day or two.

Gotta love live bearers! No incubators for me!!!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
Balls Deep Reptiles
Was that some trick photography or is she really that hot? Must take after her father?

I was just thinking the same thing about the sheds! Here is a pic of my girls third litter (22 babies)

Old 02-17-2011, 08:49 PM   #5
ophidile
Thanks guys!

Yep she really is a nice deep orange - the only manips on those photos was on some of the polkadot ones I turned up the white on the background to make it pop a little more

Her dad does have some real nice color though I think it looks like she may muddy up like her mom - starting to see hints of black speckles between her spots. Still, though her mom's probably not what most would consider "pretty" she's a pretty fab snake! Calm, eats great, problem free

I'd only bred cornsnakes for 6 or so years before, it was something else to go to check on my girl and see that sea of little faces! I was surprised too to see they were all already bluish!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
ophidile
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeVerC View Post
Was that some trick photography or is she really that hot? Must take after her father?

I was just thinking the same thing about the sheds! Here is a pic of my girls third litter (22 babies)

Woo, congrats on that litter! And here I thought 18 babies was a big KSB litter!

Old 02-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
Balls Deep Reptiles
I had a litter that came out looking like they had already shed before birth and took there first meals a couple days later! Crazy stuff

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!