Inquiry Inquiry on Todd Gearheart - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:13 AM   #61
omni
Just take a note of what he expects to come in, and with imports things can delay or happen. So knowing Todd lists for sale what is expected in his next shipment, before purchasing make sure to ask if it is in stock or waiting to come in.

I would recommend Todd to anyone, having a great transaction with him on a 1st import to the US of a rare variety of Paraphysa back in mid '08 I think. Communication was excellent, the T's were packaged well, and arrived on time. He is very knowledgable about the critters he sells and keeps.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #62
carl franklin
Well isn't that just dandy.

Here's a message I got from him last October:

From my Guyana collector this a.m.:

" I have the final Worm Lizard and Centipede collection this weekend, so far I have 2 Worm Lizards, all Phrynus (50), all Rhopalurus (125), all Phoneutria (12). When I come back to Georgetown next week after I return for the Worm Lizard and Centipede collectors arrival in the village - then I will e-mail you so you can WU the funds for the Guyana order in full just prior to export next week Thursday or Friday. "

2 secured with more expected next week.

Todd

He sent this to me in an email titled "Guyanan Worm Lizards-Good News!"

December 17 2009 I asked him about his refund policy

March 17, 2010 Todd sent the following email:

"There is a chance of getting 1 or 2 from a Surinam import in 2 weeks, but what's more realistic is the Tanzanian worm lizards arriving in 2 weeks. Any interest in them? If not, I'll proceed with refunds. I've recovered from the Guyana disaster. I re-exported my box 3 weeks ago back to Guyana. Didn't make a $1 on it. I actually took a lose because the exporter didn't enclose a necessary permit. I never got an explanation as to why the 2 worm lizards were not in the box. Very frustrating.

Any way, let me know. The Tanz. worm lizards are 100% arriving in 2 weeks. Less than 12 probably.

Todd"

Even though he said the Tanzanian worm lizards were arriving. GUESS WHAT?

They didn't.

So now we are nearly a year since I've given this guy my money. In the above email he said that he "recovered" and that he would proceed with refunds. That was 5 months ago.

I'm not the only person that was burned on this deal.

I don't care how nice people say he was on the phone or via email. He took my money after promising a product and didn't hold up to his end. Now he's keeping my money. That's called stealing and people who steal are thieves.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #63
ragnew
Carl,

You might want to post this in his review thread on Arachnoboards as well. Todd frequents that place quite a bit, so he may be more inclined to seeing it there before this board.

I'm going to have to agree with John Apple as well, Todd's a good guy, and one way or another, he'll set things right with you. But if it was me, I'd go scope out AB and post in that review thread as well.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:26 PM   #64
bobtard
I'm not going to say mention my opinions of Todd, as it will go downhill fast, but I second posting a review on Arachnoboards. I also reccomend emailing him a link to this thread. Just be prepared for Todd to overreact..

Old 08-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #65
jlorbiecke
Thumbs down Todd Gearheart

I have also had "dubious" business dealings with him. This was back in 96 or so when he was still at Glades Herp. I produced an eggsack of Brachypelma sabulosum at the time and he contacted me and wanted some (25 or so). I arranged to make a trade for a Megophobema robustum for these 25. I sent off the spiders including five extra just in case something happened in shipping and received the robustum a week later. The spider died within a month. That was not the problem however. A week after I received the spider I got an invoice for 35.00 for shipping and handling. I was stunned. Stupid me I did not discuss with him the finer points of the transaction. I called him and asked him why this occured. I had paid to ship the sabulosum to him, I assumed that he was paying to ship the spider to me. He said that I was responsible for paying the shipping both ways. I asked him about the extra spiders and the cost of my shipping the sabulosum to him. He said he would discount that and wanted me to pay him 8.00. I disagreed and still have not paid the 8.00. I got an invoice for about 2 or 3 years once a month from glades over this money. The postage cost more than the money he was asking from me. I realize I should have worked these points out with him before the transaction, but I was young. Anyway I have not forgotten, and one of these days me and him are gonna meet at a show and sit down and have a long talk about this. John Lorbiecke Formerly of Laurel MT

Old 08-12-2010, 07:06 PM   #66
Tim Cole
I know that Carl is leaving for Florida tomorrow to speak at the TSA Conference and will have a few extra days time in Florida...doesn't Todd live in Florida?

Old 08-12-2010, 07:08 PM   #67
bobtard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post
I know that Carl is leaving for Florida tomorrow to speak at the TSA Conference and will have a few extra days time in Florida...doesn't Todd live in Florida?
Yes, Todd lives in Nokomis, FL.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:18 AM   #68
hhmoore
Hey, Todd, instead of reporting posts, and telling your story to the moderators, why not post your responses in this thread?

Old 08-15-2010, 01:29 AM   #69
bobtard
John - I agree with what you did. Unless it was clearly stated beforehand, you shouldn't have been obligated to pay for shipping both ways. 98% of trades I've been involved in, and have ever heard about, have been like this: you pay shipping for your animal, they pay shipping for their animal.

Todd - if you have nothing to hide, why don't you explain your side of the story, instead of complaining and wanting it to go away?

Old 08-15-2010, 04:51 AM   #70
ragnew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post
I could be totally mistaken here, but that seems like it could be taken as an implied threat that could pretain to some type of physical violence? I'm thinking that's never gotten anyone anywhere near where they're wanting to be.

Especially over an animal that was $170.00?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!