Bad Guy Turtle Shack.com Thiefs - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #11
desoner
I been a member of this site before you had to pay. Then I did years ago pay. So I don't know if your talking to me. I lost me email and had to re register.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #13
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
Here's their contact info from their website:

Duane Swaniec
6821 Industrial Ave.
Port Richey, Fl. 34668
727-842-1711
800-517-1809
Good find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg View Post
WOW!
would have never guessed cause their name seems plastered all over FC!
guess they PAID for those ads plastered all over? (fair question, no?)
Easy to pick up on a general negative vibe from several of your posts, are these the kind of posts we get to look forward to or just having a bad month? (fair question, no?)

Old 10-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #14
neilg
Quote:
Originally Posted by desoner View Post
I thought they were legit because i saw them on Fauna as sponsors on the turtle classifieds.
am wowin' at circumstances and pointing out that TS paid(?) for being prominent here - as opposed to having established prominent 'Trader Ratings' here - the latter which would be more 'legit' in reference to the OP's statement i've quoted herewithin.

the OP claims some 20 days have passed since requesting a refund, and that purchase was paid using a 'debit card'.

my first hunch would be that mc/visa card refunds can take sometimes over a month to post to one's account. (TS appears to have indicated only a 10 day time frame, per OP)

however, that's no 'excuse' for the advertising vendor's large lapses in communication that the OP alleges, lest someone died, had an accident, or somethin, no?

to clarify, what i'm WOWin at is the TS ads are 'plastered' all over FC and appear not just as one of the sponsors but the VERY first listed in the list and the most often at the top banner so far whenever i peruse here.

one - well at least i - would think they would be on TOP of things, their business, not just this forum..no? =D

and maybe they are. but apparently not according to the OP's instance. thus, guessed they just paid for being on TOP of things here which WebSlave i believe, confirmed(?)

is there some reason TS is at the very TOP of the sponsor's list? (fair question, no?)

Old 10-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #15
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
am wowin' at circumstances and pointing out that TS paid(?) for being prominent here - as opposed to having established prominent 'Trader Ratings' here - the latter which would be more 'legit' in reference to the OP's statement i've quoted herewithin.

the OP claims some 20 days have passed since requesting a refund, and that purchase was paid using a 'debit card'.

my first hunch would be that mc/visa card refunds can take sometimes over a month to post to one's account. (TS appears to have indicated only a 10 day time frame, per OP)

however, that's no 'excuse' for the advertising vendor's large lapses in communication that the OP alleges, lest someone died, had an accident, or somethin, no?

to clarify, what i'm WOWin at is the TS ads are 'plastered' all over FC and appear not just as one of the sponsors but the VERY first listed in the list and the most often at the top banner so far whenever i peruse here.

one - well at least i - would think they would be on TOP of things, their business, not just this forum..no? =D

and maybe they are. but apparently not according to the OP's instance. thus, guessed they just paid for being on TOP of things here which WebSlave i believe, confirmed(?)

is there some reason TS is at the very TOP of the sponsor's list? (fair question, no?)
Their is a big difference in buying ad space/sponsor slots and building an actual reputation. Ad space is just your own little bill board to increase traffic to your site, and hopefully produce more sales. Building a reputation involves the actual "work" in said sales, customer service, quality of animals, ethics of policies, etc... .

I am not sure why it matters what actual space they are in, but my guess would be this site has a laid structure and they purchased the first position and/or the first ad space.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #16
hhmoore
I'm pretty sure that just means they were the first sponsor in that section, and that they've not let it expire...OR that whoever might have been ahead of them at one time did let theirs expire. As far as I know, there is no option for selecting slots.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #17
Billy1138
Neilg, the fact that they have a big banner on Fauna isn't quite relevant anymore. If they had the money to purchase the ad space, so be it. Its not up to Fauna to regulate what company is entitled to that space, and its not a negative reflection on Fauna that its there. I'd rather hear about how the turtle shack is resolving the issue, and making amends with the OP. As I've seen in other "bad guy" threads, how a company handles the "bad" situation can speak volumes to their credibility and business.

The fact that they have a big ad space seems irrelevant now. Just my opinion

Old 10-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #18
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I'm pretty sure that just means they were the first sponsor in that section, and that they've not let it expire...OR that whoever might have been ahead of them at one time did let theirs expire. As far as I know, there is no option for selecting slots.
I should know better than to respond to people without checking to see if what they're saying is accurate...Turtle Shack is not in the first slot in the sponsors section.

Has anybody notified them off this thread?

Old 10-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #19
neilg
@OP
has FaunaClassified's top-listed, TS, explained why the long lapse in communication regarding your refund request (due to their emailing you requesting $20 for shipping) some 20 days ago, yet?

i mean, why would it take like 20 days and going to refund a paid but promptly cancelled order?

the OP's claimed timeline:

Oct 1 - placed order using debit card, payed/paid in full
Oct 3 - TS contacted OP requiring $20 more to ship, OP demanded cancel and refund
Oct 5 - No reply, so OP called, spoke to Steve who stated refund within 10 days
Oct 21 - No refund, so OP called, Steve said emailed owner who will reply Oct 22
Oct 22 - No reply, so OP called, Steve claims only talks to owner ('Tori')via email.

any updates?

if it were my purchase i wouldnt worry about eventually getting the refund, but rather, simply wonder why the runaround and why the no replies via email since despite TS being a web-based biz actively promoting itself online

Trader Rating > Sponsor Status, in terms of buyer peace of mind, no?

Old 10-23-2014, 06:14 PM   #20
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
@OP
has FaunaClassified's top-listed, TS, explained why the long lapse in communication regarding your refund request (due to their emailing you requesting $20 for shipping) some 20 days ago, yet?

i mean, why would it take like 20 days and going to refund a paid but promptly cancelled order?

the OP's claimed timeline:

Oct 1 - placed order using debit card, payed/paid in full
Oct 3 - TS contacted OP requiring $20 more to ship, OP demanded cancel and refund
Oct 5 - No reply, so OP called, spoke to Steve who stated refund within 10 days
Oct 21 - No refund, so OP called, Steve said emailed owner who will reply Oct 22
Oct 22 - No reply, so OP called, Steve claims only talks to owner ('Tori')via email.

any updates?

if it were my purchase i wouldnt worry about eventually getting the refund, but rather, simply wonder why the runaround and why the no replies via email since despite TS being a web-based biz actively promoting itself online

Trader Rating > Sponsor Status, in terms of buyer peace of mind, no?
Whatever you think qualifies has sufficient proof > anything else.

I would be very surprised if me, Mr. Moore, Mr. Walker, and the OP went to consider purchasing from a company we had never dealt with before and we all went about it the exact same way...just like if we were at a show, we would not examine potential purchases the exact same way (even if it was the same animal).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!