Bad Guy Ripped off by John Fick in Dundalk Md - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:34 PM   #61
Dro B
It's so sad that the government cares so little for this industry that scammers who have been caught can keep on scamming knowing there is a virtual gaurantee that nothing will ever come to a criminal charge so long as they do it across state lines. What the hell are we paying federal taxes for if we're not receiving federal representation like we'd get with any number of other commodities in other industries. I'm not sure how much revenue reptiles bring in annually but considering many american breeders are at the fore-front especially in designer reptiles, and are bringing in countless millions of dollars in profits INTO the country that don't have the investments of other products like cars and electronics etc you'd think they'd care a little bit more. Reptiles are something that replicate themselves without the constant re-investment that most other products require, so most of the money that is bieng brought into the country is staying in the country, and istimulates the economy, and every time these scammers rip someone off they are driving more people out of the hobby. I'll never understand how it can happen so frequently and how many times one individual can get away with it and simply make a new username and email and be right back at it again,

Old 01-17-2017, 08:56 PM   #62
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro B View Post
It's so sad that the government cares so little for this industry that scammers who have been caught can keep on scamming knowing there is a virtual gaurantee that nothing will ever come to a criminal charge so long as they do it across state lines.
It's not just the reptile industry. It's also rampant with electronics, clothing, jewelry... anything that can be flipped quickly for cash.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:09 PM   #63
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro B View Post
knowing there is a virtual gaurantee that nothing will ever come to a criminal charge so long as they do it across state lines.
This might be true in some regard. I would say that the majority of scammers have some kind of criminal past, meaning scamming a reptile isn't their first offense. While it is true that it is hard to pursue criminal activities across state lines, what I have seen be fairly effective is:

Submit what information you have on a scammer to a specific police detective in their area, not just the police help desk. Give what you have, their: address, phone number, email, etc. Lots of these folks are already known to law enforcement, "wanted" or the police would love a legitimate reason to visit them. I have witnessed this firsthand several times. Police were grateful for the address or phone number you provide as it may be "new" to them. While they might not be able to do anything on the reptile front, they are then able to find them and go after different localized charges they already had lingering over them ie. drugs, probation violations, child support, etc.

Never give up.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:44 AM   #64
Mrsl
John fickes

I hope you guys were able to find him. I stumbled upon this page after I googled him. He is and always has been a scammer. Him and his brother Brian. It very well could be either of them. I'm not sure why you guys posted the information for his daughter though. I can assure you she has no connection to him, in fact he is jumping state lines to get away from a child support warrent. And now on Facebook he goes by the name of Johnny rumble. Currently in West Virginia or pa. Hope you guys find him and if you do please let the sheriff know!!

Old 03-22-2017, 10:41 AM   #65
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsl View Post
he goes by the name of Johnny rumble
Thank you.
https://www.facebook.com/johnny.rumble.5

Old 03-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #66
chris chris
Hey I know this is old posting but Im from md myself and have met the john fick before. He goes by john flick too. He was in havre de grace md which is north of dundalk. He's also always putting ads up on craigslist bout he will take unwanted tortoises etc. He had a big sulcatta at one time. If u nevervsettled this w him let me know. I can find his ass and see if I can help u. Its messed up what he did to u

Old 03-22-2017, 04:48 PM   #67
capuzzi2
One tip off that you were being set up was the deal. 6K worth of turtles for 600 bucks worth of snakes.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:10 AM   #68
Buz24
I get that you are trying to expose this POS that scams anyone who crosses his path. BUT his biggest scam was bringing a child into this world that he not only neglects but left her feeling unloved & not worthy of having a father figure. Luckily her step father is in the process of trying to adopt her. He has pending contempt charges for not paying child support. Have some empathy for his daughter & the mother of his daughter & take their names off of your post. They want no connection between that low life & them. Thanks in advance!

Old 03-23-2017, 01:14 AM   #69
Prahanien

From that Facebook page. Curious why people are worried about others knowing who he is... hm!

Old 03-28-2017, 07:40 PM   #70
jasonshields
From that Facebook post it also looks like he is going by Johnny Rumble:

https://www.facebook.com/johnny.rumble.5?fref=ts

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
john fick, john fickes, jonathan ficmeyer