Bad Guy Beware of canyon county reptiles the sell sick snakes - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #101
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCountryReptiles View Post
The snake left us and went to Horseheads, NY - which is about an hour north of us. Then it goes to Memphis - there is a hub there. Every snake we've shipped out always goes through Memphis - even one we sent to Connecticut this summer (we noticed that and thought it odd). After Memphis, it went to Burbank, Ca then on to North Hills, Ca, then to the buyer.
Ok thanks. I wondered b/c I'm also in the mid-Atlantic and have seen packages routed through both Memphis and Chicago over the years. Just something to keep in mind.

At any rate without a full body picture of the sick snake I can't say whether it's the one you shipped the buyer or not. I tried matching based on the ad picture and couldn't see enough of the pattern to definitively say yes or no.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:39 AM   #102
CanyonCountryReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
At any rate without a full body picture of the sick snake I can't say whether it's the one you shipped the buyer or not. I tried matching based on the ad picture and couldn't see enough of the pattern to definitively say yes or no.
We haven't been able to tell looking at pictures, either. Believe me we tried! Name:  1123.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  44.2 KB

This first one is a full body he sent us. He hasn't been willing to share this with the group, I think.

Name:  2838f2a617e3a50939729706a064330c.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  59.9 KB

This is the most recent pic we had of her. It's the one we posted on Morph Market for the ad.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:41 AM   #103
CanyonCountryReptiles
In addition, there is no way to tell, even if this is indeed our snake, that it's the one that is also sick.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:25 PM   #104
yeloowtang
I agree that the top picture ??? doesn't even look like a black pastel. but more like a yellow belly or Mojave from the bad colors in the picture. it could be just bad lighting ..
the only markings that can be compared are the ones on the side of the head , which are similar .. but can't be 100% sure

Old 12-02-2016, 01:52 PM   #105
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakemorphology View Post
this is not of your business
I really don't understand people who post threads on the BOI, and then when uncomfortable (to them) questions or observations pop up, all of a sudden they decide that those who are not actually involved should not participate.

Quote:
its like you get commission for every post you put thats why you keep it going
That is a fabulous idea I should charge Christmas cookies!!
Just kidding

I enjoy helping people here, that good folks get help and avoid scams is reward enough for me.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #106
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCountryReptiles View Post
In addition, there is no way to tell, even if this is indeed our snake, that it's the one that is also sick.
This is true. Along with not being able to tell if it is the same snake as the one in the Ad.
IMO The photo, that was sent to you, doesn't even qualify as a full body pic.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:15 PM   #107
Afrock86
There should be a standard rule where if you can't even use punctuation in your sentences, you're BOI is already invalid.

Old 12-02-2016, 02:27 PM   #108
MikeCurtin
Sellers Beware Indeed!

Rare that I get involved in the drama these days.....but, here goes.

Wed, the 30th, buyer claims he spent $75 at the vet, with no mention of weight or sex discrepancy.

Quote:
I tried helping out just to inform people out there out there and I'm the bad guy wow this was the first and last time I buy from them this forum sucks gave them notice now there not responding no sweet spoke to PayPal and there giving me a refund had to take it to the vet and spend 75 buck PayPal will be refunding me I owned worldwide reptiles been in this since the 1990 in Florida
Thursday, the 1st, he claims to have just gotten back from the vet to "pick up the paperwork". This is his first claim of wrong weight and sex.

Quote:
cost me 60 bucks snake super sick snake i ordered was a female i got a male stated it wieghed 905 gr doesnt 886 grams ether they dont know what there doing or the guy that pack it switch the snake you should call your company scumbag canyon reptiles cause your snakes have scum and muchus comming out of there mouth ,check your inventory i bet the female is still there and wieght 905 grams
Letter (not invoice or report) from vet is dated for the 1st, not the date of alleged visit.

Quote:
vet paper wasting my time to prove a point

It's pretty clear to me that the buyer is hot-headed and blatantly dishonest. There is no way to verify that the snake examined by the vet was the snake received by the buyer, based on the lack of a clear photo provided by the buyer. At this point, I will take the seller at her word, as she has given me no reason not to.

Jessica, please keep us posted on PayPal's decision, as their past record with the reptile community has been reason for concern. Hopefully, they find in your favor OR the OP provides actual proof of his claims, and the matter can be resolved.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:12 PM   #109
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
Nope. I mean a seller beware thread...I wouldn't want to sell to the OP...would you?
Oh my! Not sure how I did it (lack of sleep due to recent crazy events? Sheer stupidity?), but yes, I did misread and misunderstood your post ... and of course had to open my big mouth, lol.

A thousand apologies, Andy, and yes, it certainly would be a Seller beware warning.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:40 PM   #110
LauraB
I took the liberty of copying the pics. Only editing that was done was to rotate Jessica's, and enlarge and crop. Nothing else in the way of enhancement was done.

Still cannot say with certainty that they are one and the same Black Pastel.

And yes, a very sorry excuse for a "full body" pic from the buyer.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!