Bad Guy Frogy714 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
kmarsh
Frogy714

I responded to a ad in fauna classifieds under iguanas for sale and the title was "big red" The ad said Northwest. When he contacted me he said he was in California. He said rehoming fee was 100.00 and shipping was 59.00 and he had another green iguana that needed a home, implying free. When I said I would take him as well then there was 55.00 rehoming fee too plus shipping. I declined to buy 2 iguanas for nearly 250.00 he kept calling and emailing claiming others wanted them, he needed a answer. I said never mind he again emailed offering to make a deal. I finally asked for best price still more pressuring. Then I asked about payment details he only takes western union or money gram and had to have money today or else a adoption group was going to get them i said forget it then he got rude in emails telling me I didnt need 2 males just buy one, then another email telling me to be a serious buyer and just wouldnt stop so I posted to the classifieds ad posting the email he had sent me and then I questioned how if he was in california then why his posts say north west that would be south west. Next thing poof ad gone all posts gone, just disappeared. I write this because after further looking there are 21 other posts by him with alot of reptiles for sale. I have been bitten before to the tune of 300.00 for tortoises that never came from a AnnRon07 and even paying with paypal didnt get my money back when turtles never came. Dont want to see this happen to any others. ITs very heart breaking. Sincerly, Kathy Marsh Macon, GA

Old 08-01-2009, 01:16 AM   #2
ForkedTung
Please post all emails, links to ads. and any other information you have on "him" as well.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:30 AM   #3
kmarsh
Most concerning of ads

This is the email that concerned me the most besides the others pressuring me to hurry to buy. This one i replied with "Forget it" and thought that would end it then he sent 2 more emails that pushed me to respond here. They are listed after the other email

Subj: RE: Red Iguana!
Date: 7/31/2009 2:44:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: kmarsh2508@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

I'm firm on...$100 for the red guy and $55 for the green. I would try a make payment to day casue some rescue looks like they want to buy both them of them, they are local to me. So it's up to you they will be gone with in the next few days. As far as payment no pay pal. only western union or money gram.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 14:25:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Red Iguana!
To: french-c@hotmail.com

Ok what is best deal we can do on which ever ones You need to move first. Sorry this has been a rough week with alot of doctors appointments but I would still love to give these guys a warm southern home with lots of love and lots of salads Also let me know what works best for You on payment. Is paypal good with You? That is best for me. Thanks, Kathy

Date: 7/31/2009 4:43:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time

I honeslty serious inqueris only ...I don't have time play games price are firm either you want them are you don't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 16:34:08 -0400
Subject: Re: Red Iguana!
To: french-c@hotmail.com

Forget it

Date: 7/31/2009 4:44:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time

YOU DON'T NEED TO MALES ANYWAY SO GET ONE ?

Old 08-01-2009, 01:34 AM   #4
kmarsh
Search his name Frogy714

IF You search Fauna classifieds under the name of Frogy714 You will see he has numerous reptiles still for sale and other replies claiming they are scammers. Kinda pot calling kettle black i guess. Just warning what I seen and red flags others should be concerned about as well

Old 08-01-2009, 01:42 AM   #5
JudyC
Just felt like pointing out that the northern part of California could be considered in the Northwest part of the country. Of course, if he's from L.A. or San Diego...then yah...not.

But regardless of that....the exchange you describe definitely sounds very scammish to me. And what "rescue" buys animals? I would have done the same thing you did and said, "Forget it."

Old 08-01-2009, 01:57 AM   #6
kmarsh
yep that was my thinking so I didnt question it on the out set but the more calls and emails the more red flags I saw and the last 2 emails after forget it just pushed it one time to many for me. Then I started digging and seen those other ads and became concerned for others. Most especially when the ad and my posts just disappeared.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
hezekiah
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Just felt like pointing out that the northern part of California could be considered in the Northwest part of the country. Of course, if he's from L.A. or San Diego...then yah...not.

But regardless of that....the exchange you describe definitely sounds very scammish to me. And what "rescue" buys animals? I would have done the same thing you did and said, "Forget it."
I don't know if it is helpful, but 714 is the area code prefix for Orange County, southern california. May or may not be pertinent.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #8
kmarsh
another strange thing then

Yes I noticed that on his screen name in here (frogy714) After he started with this thread and started calling me the number 7148774665 started coming in on my phone alot and "Frogy" called me but I didnt notice if that was the number or not but when I did a reverse look up on the number it has some bad stuff about that particular number. He called him self "Frenchy" on the phone. Just alot of stuff that really made this become something I felt I had to make others aware of. Every since I got stung over the 300.00 for the sulcattas that never came, I am hell bent on folks that send off red flags or try to take advantage of others. There is no bigger hurt than waiting for the animal that doesnt never come and the aggravation of jumping through the hoops to find that Your money is gone along with the dreams of the tortoises.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #9
R. Eventide
The only thing you need to hear is "Western Union" to know he's a scammer. You made a good choice by turning him down.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
kmarsh
update

WEll the good news is that after doing another search on here, all of his 21 posts and ads are gone. The only thing left showing is this thread in the BOI. Guess that says it all, bad news is it only takes making a new screen name to do it all over again Hopefully a few hearts have been spared we just have to keep on exposing them for what they are when we get those red flags. I will become a contributing member of this BOI because if it saves me or someone else heart break it is well worth the money. Thanks for all listening and responding... Happy herping... Kathy Marsh

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!