Inquiry MATT OAKLEY - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #31
tpaul
I recently (1 month ago or so) bought a BP from Matt. The transaction was smooth, he was helpful, and the packaging was standard and well done, and the snake is healthy and exactly as advertised, nothing bad about the whole deal at all. In fact I just ordered 4 more BP's from him a couple days ago and he has been quick to reply to emails and again easy to deal with. I am actually surprised to hear about the bad deals people have had with him. As far as I have personally seen he is great.
I will however, in the interest of full disclosure, repost in a few days when I get these new snakes and report on the packaging and the state of the snakes either good or bad.

But unless there is something that drastically changes my opinion of Matt in this current deal I would have to say he is a Good Guy.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:36 PM   #32
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaul View Post
I will however, in the interest of full disclosure, repost in a few days when I get these new snakes and report on the packaging and the state of the snakes either good or bad.
Better yet, in the interest of full disclosure, why don't you just post a picture of the box with the shipping label.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:54 PM   #33
Haydenphoto
Quote:
I recently (1 month ago or so) bought a BP from Matt. The transaction was smooth, he was helpful, and the packaging was standard and well done, and the snake is healthy and exactly as advertised, nothing bad about the whole deal at all. In fact I just ordered 4 more BP's from him a couple days ago and he has been quick to reply to emails and again easy to deal with. I am actually surprised to hear about the bad deals people have had with him. As far as I have personally seen he is great.

But unless there is something that drastically changes my opinion of Matt in this current deal I would have to say he is a Good Guy.

Hope they get to you ok ! It's not always the best to buy from a guy that is trying to dump his animals ! He selling them for a lot cheaper then everybody else but it's not worth it to save money if your getting sick animals from him ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Old 09-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #34
tpaul
OK Critical Bill will do. Box, Label, Packing, Snakes...all of it.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #35
tpaul
Another delivery from Matt, another GREAT deal. As you can see from the pictures below, the packing was what I would call "industry standard". The box was well sealed, vented, insulated; inside was packed snugly, snakes secure in bags, paper towel in bags for extra cushion and for any needed absorbtion (as per the SYR video); and most importantly perfect healthy snakes. What else needs to be said. GOOD GUY.

Attachment 97118

Attachment 97119

Attachment 97120

Attachment 97121

Can only figure out how to get 4 pictures in a post so I will double post for the rest.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #36
tpaul
Attachment 97122

Attachment 97123

These pictures are from the second delivery I got from Matt, the first, a month ago as I said, was just the same. I'm not denying maybe you people had a less than desirable shipment from Matt in the past but, if that was the past, it seems clear to me that now he has gotten it together in the shipping department, and combine that with his great prices and beautiful snakes and to me, he is the best thing out there. The reply that Haydenphoto made above about staying away from someone "dumping their snakes" is valid, or I should say WOULD be valid if that is what Matt was doing, but it's not. He is simply offering great prices on quality animals. We are all so jaded that we worry that any good thing must have a bad side just waiting to jump out and spoil it but I'm here to tell you that:
Sometimes a good deal...is just a good deal. And Matt Oakley's Ball Pythons are a good deal.

And just to clarify (for you REALLY jaded herpers out there) I do not know Matt in ANY WAY other than as a purchaser of his Ball Pythons, I have never met him, I've never even spoken to him on the phone. Email only. Have a great day.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #37
xanaxez
Quote:
Attachment 97122

Attachment 97123

These pictures are from the second delivery I got from Matt, the first, a month ago as I said, was just the same. I'm not denying maybe you people had a less than desirable shipment from Matt in the past but, if that was the past, it seems clear to me that now he has gotten it together in the shipping department, and combine that with his great prices and beautiful snakes and to me, he is the best thing out there. The reply that Haydenphoto made above about staying away from someone "dumping their snakes" is valid, or I should say WOULD be valid if that is what Matt was doing, but it's not. He is simply offering great prices on quality animals. We are all so jaded that we worry that any good thing must have a bad side just waiting to jump out and spoil it but I'm here to tell you that:
Sometimes a good deal...is just a good deal. And Matt Oakley's Ball Pythons are a good deal.

And just to clarify (for you REALLY jaded herpers out there) I do not know Matt in ANY WAY other than as a purchaser of his Ball Pythons, I have never met him, I've never even spoken to him on the phone. Email only. Have a great day.
I dont see anything that says this was shipped from matt. only that it was shipped to you.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:02 AM   #38
tpaul
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanaxez View Post
I dont see anything that says this was shipped from matt. only that it was shipped to you.
LOL...Are you serious?...You people are hillarious...why the hell would I lie to protect the reputation of a person I DON'T EVEN KNOW. Oh but wait, I'm probably lying that I don't know him as well, right? give me a break...I'm not posting any more pics, I'm not the best computer guy and it was a real pain in my butt to do it once,, you've got the tracking number...run it..I spoke my peace honestly and with first hand knowledge, tried to shed some light on this matter for you people, and if you still are going to be this way, then no amount of proof I can offer will sway your opinion because you are the kind of people who will NEVER trust a word anyone says; BUT for those of you that come to the BOI to hear people give their honest account of events, you now know a little more about Matt Oakley. Do with the information what you will.

On a personal note I just have to add (because I am really shocked by the voracity with which people in the herp world slander and go after one another) that I have bought 56 Ball Pythons this year, all from KS and here at Fauna, from 41 different people and have had ZERO bad deals. EVERYONE has been great, EVERYONE has been honest and I would do business with EVERYONE I've bought from again, including Matt.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:50 AM   #39
Haydenphoto
Quote:
LOL...Are you serious?...You people are hillarious...why the hell would I lie to protect the reputation of a person I DON'T EVEN KNOW. Oh but wait, I'm probably lying that I don't know him as well, right? give me a break...I'm not posting any more pics, I'm not the best computer guy and it was a real pain in my butt to do it once,, you've got the tracking number...run it..I spoke my peace honestly and with first hand knowledge, tried to shed some light on this matter for you people, and if you still are going to be this way, then no amount of proof I can offer will sway your opinion because you are the kind of people who will NEVER trust a word anyone says; BUT for those of you that come to the BOI to hear people give their honest account of events, you now know a little more about Matt Oakley. Do with the information what you will.

On a personal note I just have to add (because I am really shocked by the voracity with which people in the herp world slander and go after one another) that I have bought 56 Ball Pythons this year, all from KS and here at Fauna, from 41 different people and have had ZERO bad deals. EVERYONE has been great, EVERYONE has been honest and I would do business with EVERYONE I've bought from again, including Matt.

Do you want a BOZO button for buying all those snakes ? I don't give a crap how many you have bought in the past year ! Matt is somebody that i would never buy from come talk crap in a month when your collection is sick or full of mites !

Old 09-19-2009, 03:48 AM   #40
critical bill
Quote:
I have bought 56 Ball Pythons this year.
Wow! 56 new ball pythons in less than a year from 41 different sellers.

I'm sure you have an impressive collection there. But it also has its dangers, no?

Because I was always under the impression that when you add a new snake to the quarantine room that every snake in that quarantine room rolls back to day one.

At the frequency you are acquiring new snakes, some of them may very well spend their entire lives in your quarantine room.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!