Inquiry tjnjohnson - Anybody Ever get Anything? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
rykersmum
tjnjohnson - Anybody Ever get Anything?

So I had a deal that went sour with tjnjohnson, it was pretty crappy. But, I was wondering if anyone has ever bought from them and received their animal? They post frequently, and then their posts disappear, has someone bought them? Just curious.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
MikeCurtin
First off, is Ember Sparks your real name? If so, that's a really cool name. If not, you may want to take care of it so your posts aren't deleted by one of the mods for violating the full name rule.

Now, I recommend posting all information and e-mails related to this person and transaction. Also, notify him about this thread so that he can respond. If he scammed you or others, I'm sure no one wants him here.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #3
rykersmum
Yes, it's my real name. Thank you for the compliment! I'm not posting this as a thread about what happened to us, but I thought posting a comment about what happened with me might explain my curiosity. If it comes to it then I will, but I'd really just like to know if anyone has ever bought an animal from him/her (it's under her name, but I talked to her boyfriend, since apparently he does all of the posting and whatnot), or if they are just posting and not selling them.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
MikeCurtin
Posting names and/or screen shots of their ads, as well as their geographical location would be very helpful for getting some feedback.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
maxxx25
Angry He scammed me

Yes he sold me a sick female that is not gravid as he claimed . I will be happy if she just make's it.
here is a link about what happenhttp://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788995#post788995
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=150031

Old 10-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
tjnjohnson@yahoo.com
Yes we had a deal and I know why she does not want to post it public.

She sent a, as stated on phone, non-refundable deposit via paypal for me to hold the animal for 1-2 days until she could figure out what card she could use. I never heard back from her until 3 weeks and 2 days later paypal contacts me stating she wants her money back because she didnt received the goods?!?! The next day on fauna she tells me she cant come up with the money and wants her deposit back. I told her once again the deposit is non-refundable and she could have a $40 credit and she agreed.

She then sent a message to paypal stating she needed the money for bills. Paypal sent me her emails to them, which I still have, and I sent paypal the emails she gave me. Then the day after that she says in another email she would like the money to buy someone elses bearded dragon? How many stories is it?

To make a long story short she changed her story several times. Paypal in the end did not give her money back. They said she has a history of taking funds back after receiving the goods or putting deposits/partial payment towards a purchase and then taking it back after some time.

They weren't allowed to give me all of the details but advised me to be careful.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:12 PM   #7
rykersmum
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjnjohnson@yahoo.com View Post
Yes we had a deal and I know why she does not want to post it public.

She sent a, as stated on phone, non-refundable deposit via paypal for me to hold the animal for 1-2 days until she could figure out what card she could use. I never heard back from her until 3 weeks and 2 days later paypal contacts me stating she wants her money back because she didnt received the goods?!?! The next day on fauna she tells me she cant come up with the money and wants her deposit back. I told her once again the deposit is non-refundable and she could have a $40 credit and she agreed.

She then sent a message to paypal stating she needed the money for bills. Paypal sent me her emails to them, which I still have, and I sent paypal the emails she gave me. Then the day after that she says in another email she would like the money to buy someone elses bearded dragon? How many stories is it?

To make a long story short she changed her story several times. Paypal in the end did not give her money back. They said she has a history of taking funds back after receiving the goods or putting deposits/partial payment towards a purchase and then taking it back after some time.

They weren't allowed to give me all of the details but advised me to be careful.

HAHAHA! You're hilarious. I can show everyone on here the message that I sent you NINE days after I sent the initial deposit. There was no "3 weeks and 2 days". I never said that I needed to figure out what card to use, I don't own any credit cards. I pay for things with the money that I have in the bank. I don't have the credit to get a credit card that doesn't have some outrageous interest rate because I've just never done much with my credit, so it's not bad, it's just not great. I have only ever once filed a claim other than this one, and that was with a woman that was making a custom item for me and I couldn't get ahold of her for a week, so I filed the claim. As soon as I got the item I cancelled it.

Yes, in the first PM I said that I would like to invest the money in another female if I couldn't get the one that I had sent the deposit for. Then, surprise, an unexpected bill came up and I needed any extra funds for that, so yes, then I needed the money for bills.

And yes, paypal didn't give me the money back, because their policy says that they don't refund deposits, which I didn't know before I sent it, or else I wouldn't have sent it in the first place. I don't deal with "non-refundable" deposits, because if something comes up I'm going to need that money back, I think a non-refundable deposit is just stupid, as we only get extra funds every now and then and we are not in any position to lose money because something else comes up. I would like to see these emails from paypal saying to "be careful", as I doubt they're even allowed to say things like that as they are supposed to be as objective as possible. He can say that he told me it was non-refundable, because the conversation took place over the phone, just like he can say that I said that I needed to figure out what card I was going to use. If there was any way that I could prove that I don't own a credit card and never have, I would post it for the world to see.

If someone can tell me how to post the messages between tjnjohnson and I without having to copy and paste it (because then it could be edited and I don't want anyone to think that I edited anything at all) please tell me. I can prove that I sent it 9 days after I sent the deposit, and then he didn't contact me for another 3 days or so. He "sold" this "gravid" female to someone else without even giving me notice! That alone is crappy salemanship in itself.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
rykersmum
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxx25 View Post
Yes he sold me a sick female that is not gravid as he claimed . I will be happy if she just make's it.
here is a link about what happenhttp://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788995#post788995
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=150031
Thanks for posting the link. According to tjnjohnson, his last name is Lee, so he is obviously posting under a false name here in the BOI. You should probably get that fixed tjnjohnson, because that in itself is pretty fishy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!