Bad Guy Kimberly Lucas Gorgeousgecko.com con artist!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #21
gorgeousgecko
Hi Y'all,
Wow, what an introduction to the Fauna classifieds.
Well, Ive been folowing thread and decided I might as well make comment.
There are just a couple of basic facts I do want to reinforce.
First off, I didn't alter any photos and I'm glad that has been now proven by the photo info posted.
I didn't produce this gecko and in the 6 months of time that I had the gecko that is the color it stayed. So it was sold to me as a "moonglow", stayed "moonglow color" and I sold it as a "moonglow". According to my non-altererd photographs even Brian agreed that he considered it a "moonglow". Now in dealing in the realm of live animals we have to consider that animals can change due to the stressers in the environment. I have no control over that. That doesn't make me a con-artist or a liar.
I am posting one of the photos Brian sent me at my request and I have to say that I think that the color is very similar to the ones I sent. Brian has mentioned that the gecko never looked like the pictures I took and I don't believe that is true. The more interesting point is that his female "moonglow" in the picture is not all white. It is a light moss green and white cream flame and actually has some dalmatian spots. You can decide for yourselves what you think of that. It's not at all congruent with his "moonglow" definition.

Most importantly I offered Brian $150 (the amount he asked for)credit on any gecko purchase. This is my policy and I am happy to send another gecko or two his way if he chooses. I do sell geckos for as little as $49 so this is a generous offer.

I am a little disturbed that Fauna allows disparaging name calling in the threads title. It doesn't seem right to be able to call someone a con-artist without proof.
I would like to ask that Brian remove that unless he has actual proof that is the case.

That's all for now.
Thanks, Kim
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #22
AltitudeExotics
the proof is in the picture she just posted, my white gecko is just that white

that other gecko is very clearly very tan, and this is the lightest i have ever gotten him, as i told her when i emailed her the picture.

also i asked for a $150 dollar refund, not credit. Why would i want to buy more geckos from her after this experience? If you want to offer me a credit for the full purchase amount, $450 i'd be happy to ship this guy back to you.

Old 08-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #23
AltitudeExotics
also, fully grown geckos do not just suddenly change colors,

and if you bought him as a moonglow, and he always looked like a true moongloe, as rare as they are why were you selling him?

Old 08-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #24
Kaiyudsai
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeousgecko View Post
Hi Y'all,
Wow, what an introduction to the Fauna classifieds.
Well, Ive been folowing thread and decided I might as well make comment.
There are just a couple of basic facts I do want to reinforce.
First off, I didn't alter any photos and I'm glad that has been now proven by the photo info posted.
I didn't produce this gecko and in the 6 months of time that I had the gecko that is the color it stayed. So it was sold to me as a "moonglow", stayed "moonglow color" and I sold it as a "moonglow". According to my non-altererd photographs even Brian agreed that he considered it a "moonglow". Now in dealing in the realm of live animals we have to consider that animals can change due to the stressers in the environment. I have no control over that. That doesn't make me a con-artist or a liar.
I am posting one of the photos Brian sent me at my request and I have to say that I think that the color is very similar to the ones I sent. Brian has mentioned that the gecko never looked like the pictures I took and I don't believe that is true. The more interesting point is that his female "moonglow" in the picture is not all white. It is a light moss green and white cream flame and actually has some dalmatian spots. You can decide for yourselves what you think of that. It's not at all congruent with his "moonglow" definition.

Most importantly I offered Brian $150 (the amount he asked for)credit on any gecko purchase. This is my policy and I am happy to send another gecko or two his way if he chooses. I do sell geckos for as little as $49 so this is a generous offer.

I am a little disturbed that Fauna allows disparaging name calling in the threads title. It doesn't seem right to be able to call someone a con-artist without proof.
I would like to ask that Brian remove that unless he has actual proof that is the case.

That's all for now.
Thanks, Kim
I have to agree with you.... plus whose to say that the first pic displayed by the OP is actually of the gecko that was shipped.... It doesnt look anything like the gecko in the pic he sent to Kim.....

It is pretty messed up how the subject line basically presents people as a scammer before anything is proven.... It is borderline slander... THat has always been my biggest issue with the BOI... Judgement is supposed to be made AFTER all the facts are heard.... People just scanning the posts can see the subject describing someone as a crook... and remember that....

Old 08-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #25
Keys & Kritterz
It does seem kind of weird that she wont lighten up anywhere close to the pictures, but this almost seems like a lost cause and this issue will never be settled, and the argument and BOI will continue for a long time. I would say in the buyers interest id take the $150 and get another gecko, and decide for yourself whether to buy from them again or not. I wonder how many other people have had bad transactions with them..... could say alot

Just my 2 cents

Old 08-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #26
Shadera
Technically Marc, people aren't supposed to add descriptions to the subject lines. Rich just put up a post last week about that. Just name, business, etc. It's kind of a shame that people continue doing this, because these threads are here forever, even if/when the accused is proven innocent.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=194314

I too would like to see some pictures of the gecko in a similar pose so that it can be compared to the seller's pics.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #27
mxracer4life
Pictures would definately help. I am not up to date on geckos by no means, but it seems to me that in the time he has had the gecko in his collection surely it would of shown some similiar colors at some point. We shall see.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:24 PM   #28
Omnomnami
Here is a bit of text from the OP's first post and the pictures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltitudeExotics View Post
But i have seen true moonlgows in person, and i own, while not a moonglow, a WHITE based harley girl, who i was hoping to find a moonglow male for.

That gecko looks nothing like what it was represented to be. He even gave it time to fire up. Sounds like you have an unhappy customer that you should honor, Kim. A $150 credit seems like a huge slap in the face seeming as he purchased this gecko to breed with his White Based Harley. I doubt he wants to breed that gecko with any of his females now.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:29 PM   #29
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnomnami View Post
That gecko looks nothing like what it was represented to be. He even gave it time to fire up. Sounds like you have an unhappy customer that you should honor, Kim. A $150 credit seems like a huge slap in the face seeming as he purchased this gecko to breed with his White Based Harley. I doubt he wants to breed that gecko with any of his females now.
I agree. What it boils down to is he bought the gecko because of the pictures she sent. He paid for a white gecko. Received an olive gecko. He is an unhappy customer, he deserves some kind of reasonable compensation. $150 IS a slap in the face when he just dropped nearly half a grand on a gecko that could be bought for $50 elsewhere.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #30
gorgeousgecko
$150 is what he asked for not what I suggested.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!