My new pair of Beauty's - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-26-2017, 12:45 AM   #1
Jawsofafrog
My new pair of Beauty's

I have a new pair of Cave Dwelling Beauty Rat snakes. They were born July 17, 2016 at my breeder's place. I had them shipped out the third week of April when my breeder's weather cleared up out of Minnesota. My adult Chinese Beauty lives below these two baby guys! They ate pinkies for the first meal with me and little fat fuzzy's today. The male is feeding here and the female already swallowed her food. Male finished his meal here.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:03 PM   #2
Dyscophus antongilii
Wow, those snakes definitely are pretty. Who did you purchase them from? What colour mutation are they? Do you have picture's of your adult?

What are they like to keep? I.E.: are they easy to handle, are they easy to feed as adults, and what is the general temperament of this species, in your experience.

Old 04-27-2017, 09:43 PM   #3
Helenthereef
I LOVE the look of these. They just seem the most elegant of snakes.

I am deeply jealous.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:44 PM   #4
Jawsofafrog
Male again, I think zi deleted his picture or something went wrong when I image linked it.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:13 AM   #5
Jawsofafrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
I LOVE the look of these. They just seem the most elegant of snakes.

I am deeply jealous.
Thank you, they are definitely elegant looking snakes!

Old 04-28-2017, 12:42 AM   #6
Jawsofafrog
The snake that never bores you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyscophus antongilii View Post
Wow, those snakes definitely are pretty. Who did you purchase them from? What colour mutation are they? Do you have picture's of your adult?

What are they like to keep? I.E.: are they easy to handle, are they easy to feed as adults, and what is the general temperament of this species, in your experience.
I purchased them from the breeder Sonja: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=589192 She is very easy to talk to and I spoke to her for several months, she lets you choose your snake and provides the hatch dates. I would buy from here again. They are not a color mutation, they are naturally these color. They get bright yellow, golden-orange or cream colored and keep the blue heads! They are easy to handle, but they try to get away from you, you have to be paying attention as they are so active they will get out of your hands with ease. They are great eaters! They are known to eat two small meals in one sitting. Lately I just feed mine a fat small rat to my adult Chinese Beauty Rat snake. On occasion I will feed two adult mice to mix it up a little.. They are big bluffers and will whip their tails like a rattlesnake and open their mouths. They are often seen with their mouth agape watching you when you view them in their setups. They can be observed on the ground of their cages and under hides, but they are semi-arboreal. They are great climbers and always aware of you and their surroundings. You cannot put these snakes at a bottom of a tall tub or bucket without a lid. They will easily climb right out! If you want a care sheet: http://www.ratsnakefoundation.org/in...kes/o-t-friesi

Old 04-28-2017, 12:47 AM   #7
Jawsofafrog
I own Cave Dwelling Ratsnake Orthriophis taeniurus ridley and
Chinese Beauty Snake Orthriophis taeniurus taeniurus. http://www.ratsnakefoundation.org/in...niurus-ridleyi

Old 04-28-2017, 12:50 AM   #8
Jawsofafrog
Another picture of my male when I first placed him from the shipping box to his new home:

Old 04-28-2017, 12:55 AM   #9
Jawsofafrog
My 2-year-old Chinese Beauty Rat Snake: My past Tawaniese Beauty Rat Snake I could not keep anymore due to renting/moving away: Back to my Chinese girl:

Old 04-28-2017, 01:04 AM   #10
Helenthereef
Wow, beauties indeed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!