Bad Guy Reptile Basics/Vivarium Electronics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-29-2019, 06:04 PM   #1
scappellino
Reptile Basics/Vivarium Electronics

I needed some new snake racks and was not interested in the super long delays with some of the more popular options (been there/done that). Decided to try the VE-6 system by Reptile Basics which is sold through LLL Reptile. Bought one earlier in the year and tried it for a few months. Arrived in less than 4 weeks, nice construction, decent price, snakes were happy. Ordered another one in early April, followed by two more a few days later. The second one arrived again in 3-4 weeks. Small crack in the PVC but easily fixed with some glue so all was good with me. The next two did not show so I called LLL and they informed me that the manufacturers was having supply issues so it would be another month. OK, I can deal with it.

Mid June rolls around and the last two finally arrive. One is fine - no issues. Unpack the second one and there is only one of the 6 tubs inserted in the rack. No note or info - just missing tubs. I call LLL and ask them to look into it. Week later and with no response I call back and they tell me that they have no idea (a) why the tubs were missing or (b) when I will get them. Not happy with the uncertainty I decide to call Reptile Basics directly. Leave message and no reply so send email through website and within a few hours I hear back. The inform me that the tubs are out of stock and "they are hoping they will get them in 3 weeks" but not sure. No apology, just deal with it. That means, with shipping from east coast to me, best case is that I will have them in 4 weeks from now or about 15-16 weeks from when I ordered the racks.

I know, considering the options out there, this is not that bad. Just warning others that, like me, thought they found a nice alternative to the other options with super long wait times. Customer service during this transaction has been pretty non-existent and I have had to do all the work with constant calls to find out where my stuff is at all steps along the way. I get that S*** happens, but a little communication and honesty goes a long way.

Old 06-29-2019, 07:02 PM   #2
acecurl16
Curious .. couldn't you just order directly from RBI?

Old 06-29-2019, 07:10 PM   #3
scappellino
Yes - I know that now but did not know that VE was owned by Reptile Basics at the time and when you go to the VE website they do not mention the racks - only the thermostats. The rack says VE on it. In this case would not have mattered as I am not dealing with them directly and got the same lack of customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecurl16 View Post
Curious .. couldn't you just order directly from RBI?

Old 07-04-2019, 12:18 PM   #4
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by scappellino View Post
Decided to try the VE-6 system by Reptile Basics which is sold through LLL.
You purchased your racks from LLL,should this post be titled bad guy LLL ?

Unfortunately we all have delays with out of stock items you could have asked for a refund from LLL because that is who you purchased from.

Old 07-04-2019, 12:31 PM   #5
Ed Clark
Steve,why did LLL sell you products they did not have in stock?

Old 07-06-2019, 10:16 AM   #6
scappellino
LLL is just the middleman selling products from various manufacturers. They were not kept aware of the production issue and then partial shipment. They were told the order was completed as it listed as shipped. Only when I called did they realize that half the items were not included. I had to call them and then VE to figure out that they were out of stock and would be several more weeks to ship.

I get that "stuff" happens and people run out of stock. My beef is that I was told a certain time for delivery which was missed because they ran out of stock and then when it did ship it was missing pieces. How hard is it to send an email and say sorry we are running a little late or put a note in the box saying we know we are missing some items but they will be a little late? A post it note and 5 seconds of your time to make a huge difference. I work in a customer service industry and if I did those things with my customers I would be out of business. My company runs on 90% repeat business because we put ourselves in our clients shoes and ask what would I want to see happen here and then do it.

Just sharing my experience and thoughts. In the end I am happy with their products and would try to buy again....that is unless someone comes along with an equally good product and better customer service. After all, that is how this process works. And, yes I did share my comments with them first and they did not seem too concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
You purchased your racks from LLL,should this post be titled bad guy LLL ?

Unfortunately we all have delays with out of stock items you could have asked for a refund from LLL because that is who you purchased from.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!