Advice wanted - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-15-2004, 01:10 PM   #1
Nick1701
Advice wanted

Hello there.

I wonder if anyone can help me on this one. Storm, my iguana lives in a converted wardrobe, (6ft*3ft*3ft) with a two front doors made of 6mm Polycarbonate. ( I will put a pic on soon) However, what with the weather in the U.K turning colder, the Viv has become a major atraction for flies, as it is the warmest place in the house. I fight a loosing battle to keep the little pains from getting into the viv, but they always seem to get in when Storm comes out to play. We keep the inside clean, and all excess food swept up daily. It seems to be the warmth they are after.

I obviously cant use Fly spray or chemicls in there as they would harm Storm, but does anyone have any advice on how to kep them out of the viv, short of never opening the door?

any thanks for any advice that you can give!

NIK.

Old 10-15-2004, 07:58 PM   #2
Vince
i dont know if they call it something differnt in the uk, but use pest strips or fly paper, its made to hang down from a surface and when flys land on it they get stuck and you can just replace it as needed its pretty cheap . hang it in the middle of the cage where the iggy cant fuss with it.

Old 10-22-2004, 11:39 AM   #3
lisalovesiggis
Lightbulb fllies

put i cap full of vinnager in his water dish is will not harm storm in any way and the flies will go away for good in a few days

Old 12-11-2004, 04:55 PM   #4
HAZARD
I dunno if this works or not, but hanging a ziplock bag full of water over a doorframe somehow keeps flies out of the room.

You can also use flie tanks, which is just a container that hangs and inside is this mixture that the flies get stuck in and die. It's easy to clean and you can re use it.

And the flie strips, there is another type which is like a flie strip, but it's in a tube shape and you just toss it out and replace it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!