Hmmm Im kinda worry cuz... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-24-2006, 02:38 AM   #1
HMFindlay
Hmmm Im kinda worry cuz...

I got a big kitten recently (well actually my mate gave it to me) and my cute Vitto, he was like freaking out like pretending to be dead eventho that kitten is way far from him. And now my baby looks like a dumb. He refuses to eat and I have to force it. He refuses to move actively like he used to. When i put it on the curtain, he only moves up a lil and then stop still. He never did that before. He usually climbed all the way up till the reel and stayed there till he fell asleep. Even now when hes already up there after i 'forced' him to do so, he stays awake like forever and it worries me if he gets stressed and he could die. Can someone help me on wot to do and how to deal with this kinda stuff?

Old 01-24-2006, 01:26 PM   #2
Junkyard
Is he very defensive now? It sounds like he is worried about the cat. I would suggest covering his cage so he cannot see out. This may help him, he can still smell the cat, but not being able to see it may give him some security. Hopefully that is the problem and it is not something else that needs a vet's attention. Do you have a good reptile vet around?

I am lucky, my ig likes our cat.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
ewhitefo
Cats are stressful to Igs.. Mine is used to ours..My cat can walk all around the enclosure, goes form the bird cage, to the Snake cage to the Ig cage, its actually quite comical, but all my animals are used to the cats wiles.. Rex my Ig which is just a couple months old puffs his Dewlap out like to say,"You wanna piece of this" the cat gets bored and Rex goes about his mischief.. But give the little guy a break for a few days hid away in his enclosure and he will come around..

Old 01-26-2006, 05:59 AM   #4
HMFindlay
I gave the cat to my friend the next day tho. Anyway thanks so much for giving advice

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!