Hoarders: (20 Snakes.) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #11
mbf000
Exclamation Animal planet is not for animals

Im not going to say for what type of animal due to they have My info but they wanted me to be on The show fatal attractions and I said no of course they wanted me to get attacked on camera basically is what they asked the show is actually done for a Oxford university study they don't have the animals best interest or people at that at all in mind they are just money hungry basically the more videos and pictures of our animals we post the easier it will be for theses jerks to have a case against us to ban our hobby so be careful don't brag about your collection and post videos it just adds fuel to fire

Old 02-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvergladesExotics View Post
We'd all better hope an Animal Planet rep doesnt browse these forums lol. They'll be knocking on our doors tomorrow bahahaha

In all seriousness though, this is really frustrating, especially at such a hard time for the reptile community. Gosh, can't they just focus on the thousands of people who neglect their 80 dogs and leave us alone???
Most assuredly! I have way more than 20.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #13
Focal
I guess this makes me a reformed hoarder. All you 20+ owners need to get your act straight

Old 02-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
GREGORY J HALL
If its teh same one I seen there may be a crack proplem too lol!

Old 02-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #15
bsbender0927
I saw the episode. He had two large retics in what looked like a 75g aquarium. The albino burm had a R.I.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #16
tradaroo
I dont know, but I would have to consider dog and cat rescue's horders too, right...... Or just because you put "rescue" to your name, now that makes it alright?????

Old 02-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #17
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradaroo View Post
I dont know, but I would have to consider dog and cat rescue's horders too, right...... Or just because you put "rescue" to your name, now that makes it alright?????
I agree. There is a rescue around here that constantly posts looking for free animals to take in. I always pictured a rescue as a place where people take animals that need to be rescued, not every free one.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #18
Tiki108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
I agree. There is a rescue around here that constantly posts looking for free animals to take in. I always pictured a rescue as a place where people take animals that need to be rescued, not every free one.
I think the main thing is that if they are rescuing them with the sole purpose to adopt them out. We have a horse rescue in my area that takes in neglected and abused horses, fixes them up and then adopts them out. But there are people who say they are a rescue or "santuary" that are just having them to have them. Now granted if you have the time, energy, and ability to care for 30 dogs, I say go for it. The main thing for me is how the animals are cared for.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #19
tradaroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki108 View Post
I think the main thing is that if they are rescuing them with the sole purpose to adopt them out. We have a horse rescue in my area that takes in neglected and abused horses, fixes them up and then adopts them out. But there are people who say they are a rescue or "santuary" that are just having them to have them. Now granted if you have the time, energy, and ability to care for 30 dogs, I say go for it. The main thing for me is how the animals are cared for.
Good point... I can agree with that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!