Illegal Venomoid Petition - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #11
da-snake-king
i posted the petition on my website, hope it brings in more "signs"

Old 08-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #12
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalesnstuff
And I found this site.

http://www.venomousreptiles.org/articles/55

Scroll down and you will see the pics of what looks like a home procedure. This has to be one of the saddest things that I have seen in awhile. :
From the looks of it they are using sterile instruments and working in a sterile environment.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:53 AM   #13
scalesnstuff
No kidding

If my doctor were to operate on me while I was lying on newspaper I would be ticked.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:22 AM   #14
crotalusadamanteus
BUMP!

Just think it should be at the top.

Remember people, you don't have to keep hots to help put this creep out of commision. Just signing the petition will help. This creep FREEZES snakes to perform surgery, that he's not properly trained or licensed to do. He needs to be stopped.

Rick

Old 08-13-2006, 10:43 AM   #15
Ginger Ambrose
horrific

This is just horrific ! Just because an animal is cold enough not to be able to move, (shut down of the autonomic system) It does not mean the nervous system is not functioning at some level. This means the animal most likely FEELS the pain !

Old 08-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #16
crotalusadamanteus
If you wanna help out, copy and paste this into your site, your sig area (other than fauna), or pass it around to friends. We really need all the attention it can get. Just over a thousand sigs is a lot less than what it's going to take.

{URL=http://www.aussiereptileclassifieds.com/phpPETITION/]{IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/crotalusadamanteus/petition-banner.jpg[/IMG][/url]

You will have to replace the 2 { with [ at the beginning of URL= and also at IMG. Had to change that to show the script. (in red) But it will end up like this................

I know we can help turn that 1000 into a 10.000 with a little effert.

Rick

Old 08-17-2006, 02:32 PM   #17
RangerGrrl
I signed, and I'll confirm it as soon as it shows up in my inbox.

My question is, since on the website it says the man is violation of several laws, why don't they just arrest and prosecute him? Am I missing something?

Old 10-16-2006, 04:12 AM   #18
MoosenoosE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerGrrl
I signed, and I'll confirm it as soon as it shows up in my inbox.

My question is, since on the website it says the man is violation of several laws, why don't they just arrest and prosecute him? Am I missing something?
Because here in Australia there are plenty of people, including the RSPCA (Royal Society of the Prevention Of Cruelty to Animals) who turn a blind eye to Hosers unethical practices on these animals, and I believe this is primarily why the petition has been created.

Hoser seems to have quite an interesting history behind him for making enemies, not only has he successfully achieved in touching a raw nerve within Herpological communities all over Australia and beyond in regards to his methods of “butchering” these animals, but also has his fingers well entrenched in digging up dirt on politicians and “supposedly” corrupt police. Talk about living dangerously!

Anyway, I’ve signed the petition, for all it’s worth, and I honestly hope it does something in bringing about a halt to these unethical and unnecessary practices! If keepers aren’t competent enough to care for venomous species of snake, then my advice is simple; Don’t get one!

One day I hope to bump into Hoser, as he lives somewhere in my suburb, and I’d like to ask him why he feels it necessary to perform these operations! I can’t honestly say I’m going to get a convincing and sensible answer off him, I mean really…what can he say??? It’s not science, it’s just profiteering from cruelty!

Old 12-20-2006, 01:15 AM   #19
LadyViper
Add me to list, I signed!!

Pam
http://www.houstonreptile.com

Old 03-15-2007, 06:08 PM   #20
t. larson
Signed it.

I don't even KEEP hots, nor do I want to. But if I DID, I wouldn't want a surgically molested specimen.

If you're going to keep hots keep hots. Be responsible and smart about it. If you WANT to keep hots, train yourself up for it and invest the time and $$ necessary to do so and get on with it.

Otherwise there are plenty of non-venomous snakes that are very interesting to keep. There's no need for surgically altering venomous snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!