Hot.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 07-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #1
WebSlave
Hot....

Damn.... I know I should go over to the garage and try to figure out where that low speed clicking noise is coming from in the engine compartment on the C5Z, but right now it's 91 degrees outside, and according to my thermometer, feels like 108 degrees. Inside the garage, it is probably 107 degrees and feels like 130 degrees. I do have a small air conditioner over there, but it just barely takes the edge off of the heat inside. It's not designed for that large of a building.

I just can't get motivated to go out into the heat lately. At least not anything more than just walking around without actually doing something strenuous, but even then I get drenched in sweat. I don't remember ever minding the heat as much as I do this year. The humidity is around 71 percent so it's not really as bad as it has been when we were getting rain every day.

Guess I'm just getting old.....

Old 07-12-2018, 05:51 PM   #2
chrisis697
Yes, we are getting old, haha. I'm in south east pa & the heat has been rough here also. 71 percent doesn't sound to bad for humidity compared to our dang near 100. It is the middle of July so summer is in full effect. I work outside all day as well & let me tell you the sun sucks the energy outa Ya. Lots of water & Gatorade.
In a few years our goal is to move down to Florida so mabe we will see Ya Rich, take care
Chris
B and S Pythons/facebook

Old 07-12-2018, 09:34 PM   #3
JColt
Last week I was called in 3 days in a row Fri,Sat and Sun for no cooling in jail. Ended up being a setting in motherboard but couldn't get tech support till Monday. I could get unit running and it would run about 24 hours before kicking into free cooling which shuts off compressors and normally should only do that when below 50 degrees. Anyway, to say i sweated my testicles off was an understatement. Had to have been close to 140 on roof. Air conditioner is surrounded by brick walls and another 6 units are in same area. All but one blowing hot air in confined space. Heaven forbid I'd touch base skin to metal. I cannot handle the heat any more.

Confined space.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:36 PM   #4
JColt
I should know better than use kindle for posting. Excuse errors above ��

Old 07-13-2018, 07:44 AM   #5
Lucille
I avoid going outdoors in the middle of the day during the summer months. But I also avoid spending a lot of time outside during freezing weather. I sympathize with anyone whose work exposes them to weather extremes for long periods of time.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
chrisis697
Haha Joe that sounds like hell!!! Bless u brother!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!