Silkworms as a staple diet? - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-29-2005, 12:17 AM   #101
groovygeckos
Carrotbody

Oh yea they can enhance color if used everyday and that wouldnt be natural . Pretty sure most of us use that type once a week or every other which would be a more natural enhancement IMO .

The carrot issue though , i seriously doubt the natural source provides enough of this to have an effect ,especially since we are talking mealworms that are eating gutload etc. as well as the carrots . If you fed nothing but carrots to your feeders you might be crossing that line . The feeders would be full of it then , i just think its diluted by what else they eat . Then again just being honest (even if your gecko looks like a carrot) about supplementation works for me .

Also like i said ive seen no difference feeding carrots as opposed to anything else ive fed my feeders in the past .Thats my story and im sticking to it

Old 08-29-2005, 07:41 AM   #102
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovygeckos
They are in the same isle as the Silkworms

At the grocery store ? Think you misread something (or i did LOL )
WOW!!! That was the blond coming out in me...LOL I thought it was weird that they would sell them in the grocery store, but, they do sell a lot of leafy greens in the salad sections....

Old 08-29-2005, 10:50 AM   #103
dragonflyreptiles
lol Dan, I honestly don't know if hte carrots would alter color but I do remember one member that did see a big difference when using carrots only, Id have to go back to that thread to remember who it was.

I don't use them much because I think variety is better anyway, I do use them in the leos feeder bowl since they do much better than other moisture items would in the leos cage.

Old 08-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #104
groovygeckos
Quote:
one member that did see a big difference when using carrots only
OK i remember that !

Havent seen any difference here though , they must have the good carrots LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!