Status check on health of this site. - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:05 PM   #41
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Here's the thread where the membership benefits are listed -> http://faunaclassifieds.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=64541

I read over it again and still don't see where unlimited ads are reserved for Endowment level members only.....
As far as I can remember, the ability to post classified ads is checked on all 3 paid membership levels...with no qualifiers regarding the number of ads. Perhaps Paulina is thinking of the number of attachments allowed per membership level - I know those are limited for all levels except endowment. There is also the bump and highlight feature, which allows more at higher membership levels.

**Actually, I just checked - and attachments in forum posts are unliimited for all membership levels, it is the photogallery that is limited for all except endowment members.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #42
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
As far as I can remember, the ability to post classified ads is checked on all 3 paid membership levels...with no qualifiers regarding the number of ads. Perhaps Paulina is thinking of the number of attachments allowed per membership level - I know those are limited for all levels except endowment. There is also the bump and highlight feature, which allows more at higher membership levels.

**Actually, I just checked - and attachments in forum posts are unliimited for all membership levels, it is the photogallery that is limited for all except endowment members.
Yes, you are correct on the "unlimited" attachment postings. And I just went and lifted the limits on the photo gallery as well. That was done when we were on the older server and disk space was beginning to concern me.

I probably should update the chart one of these days......

Old 10-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #43
IloveSnakes1234
I remember reading that somewhere... dunno. Maybe somewhere else...
so... nevermind.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:59 PM   #44
Dennis Hultman
I was going to put the below quote in my signature but it was over 200 characters.

Quote:
Ready to start selling? Why not advertise here on Fauna? Currently you have two classifieds sections to choose from.
The forum based classifieds located here.
Classifieds
And an alternative classifieds section located here.
Alternative
The cost is merely $25.00 for a whole year to utilize both sections! With this membership you have the ability to post unlimited ads! Leave trader ratings for other members! Sign up today by clicking on the below link.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:19 PM   #45
Dennis Hultman
Another factor to consider in the decrease in posts within the forum based classifieds is the closure of all the old ads. This took place in April. There were a lot of posts coming into the older advertisements that were locked.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #46
Laura Fopiano
Rich, this site is one of the very few places where censorship and out of control moderation is not an issue. We can speak our minds, with out the fear of having a post deleted because of the possibility of stepping on the "big boys" toes.

The BOI has saved many, many people a lot of heart ache and at times has brought some really great entertainment. There is truly nothing better when a real bad guy has a melt down, when refunds are issued, and the men and women who bring them to justice, do so, because of you.

Rich, you took a risk that many at the time probably thought you were crazy for doing so. That risk not only paid off, but has brought many people together and has managed to bring about some pretty amazing friendships.

Had it not been for Fauna, I would never have met the friends that I have now, not just fly by night friends, but real men and women whom I love and talk to by phone regularly. We plan outings together, spend week ends together, and have forged relationships with each other that in many cases will last my life time.

The man that I will spend my life with, I met here, all of the important people in my life, I met here, and it's because of you

Rich, you have not only given this industry a safe place to check out other sellers, buyers, and business dealings, you have given reptiles a voice through their human advocates. You have given all of us who frequent here a great gift.

Thank You Rich!

Old 10-31-2007, 02:50 PM   #47
Stardust
I have thought of this before but keep forgetting to bring it up.
Perhaps it should be anyone can post feedback instead of just paid membership.
This is the home of the BOI so I am not sure why just a participating member can not leave feedback which is a good thing considering this site happens to be centered around good and bad transactions.
I would still keep the pay to advertise because it is a good, solid low price and I do not think that it is contributing to the slump we are having as I see all forums are going a little slower this year.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:09 PM   #48
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
This is the home of the BOI so I am not sure why just a participating member can not leave feedback which is a good thing considering this site happens to be centered around good and bad transactions.
I would still keep the pay to advertise because it is a good, solid low price and I do not think that it is contributing to the slump we are having as I see all forums are going a little slower this year.

I disagree. It is a small way to cut down on abuse. I would rather lose positive trader ratings from people that aren't "verified" than to open the door to abuse again. People can post there positive experiences on the BOI that aren't contributors.

I think it has a lot more to do about how the contributions are presented and making sure that people understand what they are getting.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:19 PM   #49
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
I think it has a lot more to do about how the contributions are presented and making sure that people understand what they are getting.
Take for instance the current member who is asking about leaving feedback.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d=1#post555022

When someone asks "Why can't I leave a trader rating?" Typically, the response would be straight to the point. You have to pay $25.00. And that is it.

Now, as a new member I'm thinking why do I want to pay $25.00 to do that?
It's important to explain the benefits of being a contributor and how it helps them and the site.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:32 PM   #50
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
I disagree completely too.

The trader ratings, while not anonymous, are a very cursory sort of indicator of things. Positive or negative, they are to be specifically used when two people have had a transaction in order to apply that number as an identifier. It lacks detail or description.

A BOI thread pretty much requires an explaination, any positive or negative feedback needs to have the name of a poster attached and an associated backstory that readers can look over and decide if they agree with or not. It's inherently detailed, which acts as a method to discourage false threads, as liars will have their words examined and, if suspicious, questioned.

In theory, I could register on fauna hundreds of times using hotmail accounts and give myself positive trader ratings, a smart con would be subtle about it while still abusing it and defrauding potential customers who utilize the system prior to deals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!