Wise's rights? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #31
tinmantribe5
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Brian, while I respect what you are trying to state here but how is that even fair for people who WERE mentioned, like me What I find "odd' is that two people NOT involved in the auctions by winning or donating, but fully involved in the finger-pointing on the thread are invited to the shindig.

Thats my perspective anyhow. Now, I know, and trust that despite what you said about me in the thread last week you have been keeping an open mind on what was said. You are not an authority on this site and neither is/was Deb. Personally, I have no problems with the fact that you two, other than Harald, were the "only ones invited" since you two are the finger pointers. If she cant convince you two, then who could she convince

This thread and the Wise thread will be the LAST two I participate in on this site, unless I have a BOI thread to write, or have to deal with my name being in one. I will also involve myself in MY OWN sales ads should I ever choose to place another one on here.

To be blunt and perfectly honest with you, you and Deb are the reason my name was even mentioned in the whole chat issue simply because you two chose to point fingers at me. When all is said and done, I can promise one thing and one thing only...

Fauna will lose me as a contributor to this site as I feel like I have nothing more that I can contribute without being profiled as somehow being involved just because someone happens to NOT like what I have to post.
I agree with Dean if you were not part of the Auction by donating time or Money you should have no 2 cents to say or be invited to this shindig!
Thats my 1 and only comment on this subject
Peace to everyone!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #32
KingBowser

I've been trying to follow this incredibly drawn-out saga when I have time to read, and I was about to flip until Harald clarified things, which I trust.

I find it odd that "Strictly Exotics" aka Dean was suddenly made into a bad guy. I have not seen any evidence of that as of yet and the party in question that threw that one out there is in doubt.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #33
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Thank you Harald for clarifying what went down.

Now, for the beginng to dispel those "rumors" that it is a cover up, or that I, in some fashion, planned it this way...this is the part that Harald didn't witness:

In the beginning when Christina came in, she immediately pm'ed me and said she wanted to talk to me. I immediately pm'ed a couple of the guys in the chat room to alert them to what was going down.

The more logical immediately quieted down and waited for developments. While in the pm, I advised Christina to return the conversation to the general chat so that "she could have a record of what was said" (you can take the quoted statement anyway you like).

She returned to the general chat and I think that I again asked people to please be quiet and let her talk, and even asked one of the members to play "secretary" by saving the conversations. There was NO attempt to cover up anything. BUT human nature, lack of ethics, and general sneakiness will find a way to displace blame, won't it? What happened is what usually happens in the BOI...the ones that do not know how to think before they open their mouths started interrupting and trying to get their 15 minutes of fame. The conversation was fast going downhill as more and more people joined.

THIS is when I created a private room so that we could continue the conversation and while I initially did not invite all but the one that I KNEW had listening abilities (some people just want to hear themselves TALK), I did not kick anyone but the one CHRISW that kept inserting inane comments, and just would not stay out of a room in which he was NOT invited (so sue me). I initially hadn't invited any of the ones that used the password that DavyFig figured out and shared with people in the general chat..it was nice and certainly a revelation to learn how much respect people have for privacy and rules. Some of us would not have even dreamed of trying to figure out the password once someone went private, and we certainly wouldn't have been inserting ourselves where we were not invited regardless of whether or not we felt that we had the right to be there. and...for your information, I can talk to whomever I please.

There is no reason to put anything out here, except that the ones that wanted to further derail the BOI and keep flames burning decided to try and twist what happened for their own purposes. After the conversation with Christina was over..I returned to the main room...I had planned to tell them that nothing of import happened..I told everyone that nothing of import happened and to continue the course of legalities that had already been mapped out in the BOI....and we can see where THAT got me.

Everyone was certainly advised to leave the subject alone because it added nothing to the main goal, which was to get Maggie her money. I do not have time or inclination to play nursemaid to a lot of butt-hurt people that are just offended because they were booted from the room, or their name was mentioned, and Dean certainly isn't the focus of the BOI so why bring his name up? Why would any of you feel that it was important to alert Dean? Did you find any proof in her statments? What did you think would be accomplished by raising the subject? Has anything been accomplished but to derail the BOI thread and try and create another victim? Talking about "suing?" They have no money, what they said didn't go any further. Why jump defensive if you know that there's nothing behind the story? Those of us that listened didn't feel the need to repeat anything and I certainly am not going to be a "platform" for someone to play victim and disrail topics again and again.

BTW: Christina wasn't asking for ANYONE to be booted, I was booting people that didn't know how to STFU, so that we could listen and not have reams and reams of conversation and have to shift though all the worthless remarks that added NOTHING to the conversation.

*Rule of thumb about friends... Those who matter don't mind (if you be yourself) and those that mind, don't matter.

** If it's going to "look bad" for me because I don't want to repeat unsubstained stories..I guess it's just going to look bad for me.

Deborah, read the comments in BOLD. Isnt it YOU that has derailed this thread since EVERYTIME you post in it, it is either about me or partially quoting something I say?

How is it that you can say, why bring it up to me since the BOI wasnt about me when you initiated bringing my name in the BOI AS WELL AS the chat to begin with. YOU brought me into this, no one else did. People wanted to bring it to my attention because, I am sure you would agree had it been you, they felt that I had the right to know.

If you REALIZE that they have no money, then why do you entertain the thought of speaking to them regarding some? The sad thing is, when all is said and done, you give them MORE credit than you extend to me. Whats even more sad and will speak about YOUR character moreso than mine, once you are proven wrong, the hard-on you have for me wont go away and you wouldnt even have the courtesy of an apology. When I thought, or felt, that the Wise's were up to no good and talked to people about it I felt COMPELLED to apologize to them had I been wrong.

I am NOT being defensive Deb as I personally dont give a what you or Brian think or have to say about me. Sorry but you two are just NOT that important to me. But, dont come off all high and mighty and definitely not willing to practice what you preach.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 AM   #34
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Your participation in the auctions has absolutely ZERO to do with the point I was making. The point I was making is that YOU pointed the finger at me and so did Deb.

Do you EVER wonder why YOU were allowed to stay in the chat whereas people who frequent chat were NOT allowed? Do you think that maybe its because the people who frequent chat know EXACTLY how much I talk to the Wise's and you have no clue? Wait, maybe its because people who knew Christina in chat really didnt like her to begin with and most likely wouldnt give her the time of day.You questioned me in her thread and she fed off of that. But hey, its NOT your name being dragged through the mud so what do you care. Hell, you didnt even have the common decency to bring it to my attention and YOU were a part of the "private chat".
Read the 9:40am post. Instead of assuming and then insulting..I can tell you exactly WHY she chose me. Because at the time, I was probably the only person in there that she had spoken to before. She certainly did not know I would be there when she came in.

Pointed fingers? Dean..let me break it down to you..the first post was sort of a joke, didn't you see the smiley? BUT you jumped extremely defensive and since I already knew you were capable of lies of omission (per your wife's post in the divorce thread)..I let you take it there to see where it would go. I frankly did not CARE. You wanted to jump defensive and rush to clear your name where no actual mud had been smeared.

After I posted, then you got in to the Chat and cornered me with your friend ChrisW and tried like blazes to get me to say I trusted you..why? I don't trust anyone..that's just me..and when I said, "No" to your question of trust and pointed out a few things you had done that didn't generate trust in you..you jumped to the conclusion that I was calling you a scammer. This was the first conversation, the witnesses in there summarized the conversation between us as YOU jumping to conclusions, as I had not called you a scammer. But you didn't listen, then you posted "somebody called you a scammer in chat." Lie number 1.

Then your wife called herself coming into chat to straighten me out..nice of you to post that conversation. I don't know what you expected would come of it, she looked really classy cussing me out.... not actually someone that would encourage me to trust them..would you say?

She may have been upset. Hell, we all get upset sometimes..it's how people react when they are upset that is most revealing.

So, I would advise you to stop trying to make yourself the victim in this crime. There is only one victim, Maggie.

You wanted to know why I didn't trust you..THERE you have it. It's circumstantal evidence..not facts......just what I see and your behavior and attempt to get angry and try to browbeat someone into doing/seeing things your way didn't help. You treated me completely different from how you come across when you are trying to moderate in the BOI.

p.s you do not know who donated and who did not. For someone that was "suspicious" of the Wises from the get go, and buying up stuff to "make sure that Maggie got all the money" (per your excuse) I find it extremely odd that you would still send the money to the Wises instead of contacting Maggie and finding a way of sending it directly to her (check or MO perhaps)?

I am sure you have your reasons.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:36 AM   #35
LauraB
Quote:
There is only one victim, Maggie
There are TWO primary victims, Maggie AND Rick. Then there are the children ....

Old 06-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #36
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Deborah, read the comments in BOLD. Isnt it YOU that has derailed this thread since EVERYTIME you post in it, it is either about me or partially quoting something I say?

How is it that you can say, why bring it up to me since the BOI wasnt about me when you initiated bringing my name in the BOI AS WELL AS the chat to begin with. YOU brought me into this, no one else did. People wanted to bring it to my attention because, I am sure you would agree had it been you, they felt that I had the right to know.

If you REALIZE that they have no money, then why do you entertain the thought of speaking to them regarding some? The sad thing is, when all is said and done, you give them MORE credit than you extend to me. Whats even more sad and will speak about YOUR character moreso than mine, once you are proven wrong, the hard-on you have for me wont go away and you wouldnt even have the courtesy of an apology. When I thought, or felt, that the Wise's were up to no good and talked to people about it I felt COMPELLED to apologize to them had I been wrong.

I am NOT being defensive Deb as I personally dont give a what you or Brian think or have to say about me. Sorry but you two are just NOT that important to me. But, dont come off all high and mighty and definitely not willing to practice what you preach.
Dean, I posted once in the beginning. Again when someone asked a question about a statement YOU made and once again to find something to answer a question that someone had asked..maybe once or twice more. How many times have you been in there whining about yourself? Posting your opinons on yourself and your behavior (not the subject of the thread)..shall we go back and count?

I hope I do practice what comes out of my mouth. I certainly try to, and so far I have nothing to apologize for, might have apologized if you, your friend and your wife hadn't tried jumping all over me for having an opinion..but right now..all you can do is go piss up a rope and tell me it's raining.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #37
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
There are TWO primary victims, Maggie AND Rick. Then there are the children ....
Thank you, I stand corrected.

Old 06-09-2010, 10:49 AM   #38
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Read the 9:40am post. Instead of assuming and then insulting..I can tell you exactly WHY she chose me. Because at the time, I was probably the only person in there that she had spoken to before. She certainly did not know I would be there when she came in.

Pointed fingers? Dean..let me break it down to you..the first post was sort of a joke, didn't you see the smiley? BUT you jumped extremely defensive and since I already knew you were capable of lies of omission (per your wife's post in the divorce thread)..I let you take it there to see where it would go. I frankly did not CARE. You wanted to jump defensive and rush to clear your name where no actual mud had been smeared.

After I posted, then you got in to the Chat and cornered me with your friend ChrisW and tried like blazes to get me to say I trusted you..why? I don't trust anyone..that's just me..and when I said, "No" to your question of trust and pointed out a few things you had done that didn't generate trust in you..you jumped to the conclusion that I was calling you a scammer. This was the first conversation, the witnesses in there summarized the conversation between us as YOU jumping to conclusions, as I had not called you a scammer. But you didn't listen, then you posted "somebody called you a scammer in chat." Lie number 1.

Then your wife called herself coming into chat to straighten me out..nice of you to post that conversation. I don't know what you expected would come of it, she looked really classy cussing me out.... not actually someone that would encourage me to trust them..would you say?

She may have been upset. Hell, we all get upset sometimes..it's how people react when they are upset that is most revealing.

So, I would advise you to stop trying to make yourself the victim in this crime. There is only one victim, Maggie.

You wanted to know why I didn't trust you..THERE you have it. It's circumstantal evidence..not facts......just what I see and your behavior and attempt to get angry and try to browbeat someone into doing/seeing things your way didn't help. You treated me completely different from how you come across when you are trying to moderate in the BOI.

p.s you do not know who donated and who did not. For someone that was "suspicious" of the Wises from the get go, and buying up stuff to "make sure that Maggie got all the money" (per your excuse) I find it extremely odd that you would still send the money to the Wises instead of contacting Maggie and finding a way of sending it directly to her (check or MO perhaps)?

I am sure you have your reasons.
Deb, you are wrong. Christina hung out in chat 24/7. From the people who said that they were kicked out, Christina has spoken to all of them. You dont know who Christina spoke to so how can you make yet another ASSumption.

Deb, ChrisW and I didnt jump you. You accused me of defending the Wise's in the Ed Clark thread because YOU chose ONLY to believe KelliH's proof, not the other provided. I pointed out to you that I only made 3-4 posts in that thread and couldnt possibly have taken one side or another other than the proof shown to me. You are not open-minded enough to see this. Thats ok though, its what makes you well... You.

That day in chat, when I was addressing your concerns regarding me, all I asked you is if you still felt that way, not whether or not you trusted me. I dont care if you trust me, its irrelevant unless we are trying to work out a deal. However, if you felt like I was involved, I wanted to know why as well as try to clear that up with you.

As for your comment on "buying everything up" I won TWO auctions. How do you consider that buying everything up? Maybe had you won two auctions out of almost 50, you would consider that buying everything up, but I sure dont. Why dont you just admit that you are STILL upset that I beat you at the buzzer on the shirts. I am sure you dont care that I won a couple of Geckos that cost me 160.00.

As for the "divorce" thread, I have a ton invested in my snakes and I pride myself in the work that I do in there. I have my reasons, and many of them, as to why I feel the way I do about them. I am sure EVERY single person who goes through this has the same feeling that I did.

As for Reagan "cussing you out", how would you react if someone attacked your husband when he wasnt around? Would you NOT defend him when the information being said was wrong? All she said to you was the truth as well. AGAIN, I DO NOT CARE IF YOU TRUST ME. What I do care about is when you try to link me with what everyone feels are bad guys in a bad guy thread.

And just to let you know Deb, you are wrong about the amount of victims. First of all, there were TWO families to benefit from the auctions, not just one. Secondly, everyone who was a part of the auctions IS a victim as WE were the ones deceived. If WE werent the victims, then WE would have no case to even consider.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #39
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Deb, you are wrong. Christina hung out in chat 24/7. From the people who said that they were kicked out, Christina has spoken to all of them. You dont know who Christina spoke to so how can you make yet another ASSumption.

Deb, ChrisW and I didnt jump you. You accused me of defending the Wise's in the Ed Clark thread because YOU chose ONLY to believe KelliH's proof, not the other provided. I pointed out to you that I only made 3-4 posts in that thread and couldnt possibly have taken one side or another other than the proof shown to me. You are not open-minded enough to see this. Thats ok though, its what makes you well... You.

That day in chat, when I was addressing your concerns regarding me, all I asked you is if you still felt that way, not whether or not you trusted me. I dont care if you trust me, its irrelevant unless we are trying to work out a deal. However, if you felt like I was involved, I wanted to know why as well as try to clear that up with you.

As for your comment on "buying everything up" I won TWO auctions. How do you consider that buying everything up? Maybe had you won two auctions out of almost 50, you would consider that buying everything up, but I sure dont. Why dont you just admit that you are STILL upset that I beat you at the buzzer on the shirts. I am sure you dont care that I won a couple of Geckos that cost me 160.00.

As for the "divorce" thread, I have a ton invested in my snakes and I pride myself in the work that I do in there. I have my reasons, and many of them, as to why I feel the way I do about them. I am sure EVERY single person who goes through this has the same feeling that I did.

As for Reagan "cussing you out", how would you react if someone attacked your husband when he wasnt around? Would you NOT defend him when the information being said was wrong? All she said to you was the truth as well. AGAIN, I DO NOT CARE IF YOU TRUST ME. What I do care about is when you try to link me with what everyone feels are bad guys in a bad guy thread.

And just to let you know Deb, you are wrong about the amount of victims. First of all, there were TWO families to benefit from the auctions, not just one. Secondly, everyone who was a part of the auctions IS a victim as WE were the ones deceived. If WE werent the victims, then WE would have no case to even consider.
Sigh... I am aware that Christina hung in chat 24/7 almost..but those people weren't there when Christina first came in...and you are forgetting the point that I have the right to speak to whomever I WANT to speak to, I have the right to create a chat room with a password. I have a right to have those rights respected. Last I heard, I wasn't the one that was accused of a crime.

I did not "accuse" you...I used it as an example of neutrality and why I trusted Kelli's post more so than the rest of the posts that went to the extreme of trying to prove that Ed fabricated an IP. I am not going to talk about that convo anymore..it would be he said/she said except for the point that people came in and witnessed. So..that's one reason that I didn't bring up the first convo except for you claiming that "somebody" called you a scammer in chat.

About your wife cussing..I don't have a lot of faith in people that can't use English to get their points across, and I have been upset with someone that messed with my husband..I didn't have to get her in front of an audience and show my backside.

You are correct, there are a lot of victims in this crime...can we PLEASE focus on them? The best avenue is still the one laid out in the BOI.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #40
SamanthaJane13
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
You know, a member can't ban anyone from anything. Takes a Mod to do that. And I'll bet that if a Mod banned, booted, or otherwise made someone leave chat...It's because they were being a disruption or broke the rules in some way.

That being said, ain't nobody to blame for a ban but yourselves. Take your lumps like the man, woman or little girl that you choose to be, and move on.

As for the "private" chat goes...uh, ALL of us have tried to deal with this in private at one point or another. Some of us have more patience and keep trying, some of us told them to take it to the BOI once we started feeling the warmness of the bullshit slowly climbing up our legs.

The only real concern here should be if there was anything relevant to add to the case. If there was, I'm sure that the Mods that were present are honest enough that they would disclose this info in the thread were the info should be.

My 2¢
Rick
Okay-I'm on the outside looking in on this whole debacle-including the auctions. I had nothing to do with the fund-raisers at all.

Having said that, I've read all the info here and on the other thread with a mix of shock and horror.

Regarding "the private chat room". I was asking my daughter-who uses chat rooms on a daily basis-if the "maker" of a private chat room can exclude people from them.

She uses a site called xat.com for chat rooms for a RPG she plays, and the private chat room maker CAN ban or kick others from the room, can keep others from reading or responding, etc.

So if the software is similar to that used by xat, Christine COULD basically "call the shots" in the room and have people removed or keep them from reading/responding.

I'm lucky I know how to use AIM...but I just wanted to put this info out there-based on a frequent user's experience.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!