Genitics and my Odds Your Odds.. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 10:20 PM   #11
JHMills
LOL I just try to think positive! We have a couple double hets that are almost up to size. We're hoping to hit those odds...

Good luck!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:23 PM   #12
Cp3_Pythons
If I hit the odds the first time around Im more than likely going to fall out in shock

Old 09-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #13
JHMills
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp3_Pythons View Post
If I hit the odds the first time around Im more than likely going to fall out in shock
Oh I hear ya. I'll be stoked to have just an albino pied. I can't even imagine a spinner albino pied!

Old 09-24-2010, 12:56 AM   #14
Papa Wyrm
ehh, if you don't hit at first, each time(more than likely) you'll be producing more hets to hold back and breed back...it's not a matter of if, but when MmWWwwaAhHhH!!!!

Old 09-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #15
Cp3_Pythons
Vey True Jeremy LoL To be completely Honest Personal prefrence Im not really into the Pieds
Im more wanting one of the two Albino Spinner or Albino Spider/Pinstripe ( Now that I said that I'll hit the Pied part no Albino's LoL)
As an Albino Spinner would put me 4 steps ahead of where I need/want to be. The Pied Gene for me would be a bonus Thats not really needed for what Im aiming for
Im Hoping to pick up a Pastel Het Albino Pair ( Female at least) within the next month
Aiming for a Super Pastel Het Albino to breed to the Pinstripe dbl Het Albino/Pied or the Spider dbl het Albino/Pied

Old 09-24-2010, 09:05 AM   #16
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp3_Pythons View Post
Just to give everybody a feel for what kind of odds he's talking about, I ran it through genetics wizard (het spider and het pin, in this case mean spider and pin - it just means they aren't homozygous/supers)

Het. spider, Het. pied, Het. albino,
x
Het. pinstripe, Het. pied, Het. albino,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.5625% WT
3.125% Het. albino,
1.5625% Homozygous albino,
3.125% Het. pied,
6.25% Het. pied, Het. albino,
3.125% Het. pied, Homozygous albino,
1.5625% Homozygous pied,
3.125% Homozygous pied, Het. albino,
1.5625% Homozygous pied, Homozygous albino,
1.5625% Het. pinstripe,
3.125% Het. pinstripe, Het. albino,
1.5625% Het. pinstripe, Homozygous albino,
3.125% Het. pinstripe, Het. pied,
6.25% Het. pinstripe, Het. pied, Het. albino,
3.125% Het. pinstripe, Het. pied, Homozygous albino,
1.5625% Het. pinstripe, Homozygous pied,
3.125% Het. pinstripe, Homozygous pied, Het. albino,
1.5625% Het. pinstripe, Homozygous pied, Homozygous albino,
1.5625% Het. spider,
3.125% Het. spider, Het. albino,
1.5625% Het. spider, Homozygous albino,
3.125% Het. spider, Het. pied,
6.25% Het. spider, Het. pied, Het. albino,
3.125% Het. spider, Het. pied, Homozygous albino,
1.5625% Het. spider, Homozygous pied,
3.125% Het. spider, Homozygous pied, Het. albino,
1.5625% Het. spider, Homozygous pied, Homozygous albino,
1.5625% Het. spider, Het. pinstripe,
3.125% Het. spider, Het. pinstripe, Het. albino,
1.5625% Het. spider, Het. pinstripe, Homozygous albino,
3.125% Het. spider, Het. pinstripe, Het. pied,
6.25% Het. spider, Het. pinstripe, Het. pied, Het. albino,
3.125% Het. spider, Het. pinstripe, Het. pied, Homozygous albino,
1.5625% Het. spider, Het. pinstripe, Homozygous pied,
3.125% Het. spider, Het. pinstripe, Homozygous pied, Het. albino,
1.5625% Het. spider, Het. pinstripe, Homozygous pied, Homozygous albino,

*Those percentages are the chance that any given egg has of containing that combination*

Old 09-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #17
Bob O'Brien
Hey Clarence not trying to bring you down but since the Spider Pied pattern only shows up on the head dont you think the same would happen with what your shooting for? I hope Im wrong because that would be an amazing looking animal. Best of luck with your project.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #18
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O'Brien View Post
Hey Clarence not trying to bring you down but since the Spider Pied pattern only shows up on the head dont you think the same would happen with what your shooting for? I hope Im wrong because that would be an amazing looking animal. Best of luck with your project.
I was wondering about the likelihood of being able to differentiate between spider, pin, and spinner pieds.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #19
gsrept
The big thing is to have fun trying everything else is a bonus and if you hit the first time play the lotto. lol

Old 09-24-2010, 10:08 PM   #20
Cp3_Pythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O'Brien View Post
Im not sure to be honest...
If It comes out the same as I have it pictured in my little noggin
It would be and Albino Pied
With the markings that appear inside of the Albitism patches of either the pinstripe or spider. both would be reason for my heart attack

Like I stated before I've never been one to fancy the Pieds
Im more aiming to hit An Albino Spider, Albino Pinstripe
An Albino Spinner would be the PERFECT outcome for me at least personally on this pairing

BTW Harald I cant never get the genetic Wizard to work for me
Instead I picture in my head what I want to produce and then I figure out what genes would be involved in producing it and go from there...
Makes out to be a LONGER process but I find it more Interresting that way

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!