Can't seem to reply in my own threads... - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #21
edf01
A few suggestions for yas- now, they may not be feasible...

For non paying members- perhaps have a way they can earn a set amount of bump limits- say when they get good karma, they can bump their add 'X' amount of times. This can encourage participation in the forums a bit more as well.

Another option, start non paying members with a certian amount of allowed bumps per add, whent hey are done, they are out of them ( would have to possibly restrict just relisting the add if done incredibly annoying amount of times)

Purchase the ability to bump ( tho, this may be practically the same as becoming a paid member)

What Ridgetop Reptiles said really holds true. I may not have bumpoed my add in the longest time, but its due to the fact that I cannot ship, so i know there is a very limiting market I can reach for. But Fauna is where I really place adds to sell what little snakes I produce. Even 10 a month with a 25$ member fee is kinda slim IMHO. However, before I really stick my foot in my mouth, I will check out the perks of all levels of subscriptions- its just on a yearly basis.... dunno how much I really want to spend. ( I know I sound cheap guys, lol)

Now, for members, maybe they can buy some more bumps as well? But then, you can then suffer the same exact thing.

What about can only bump once every 5 days? this will get things mixed up a bit, tho can still push peoples adds in the back.

Another option, which may be a huge pain, is perhaps try to seperate the classifieds that have this problem- like the BP's for sale- maybe have a section for hatchlings, juvies, adults, or whatever- provided that people catagorize correctly this can help slow down the amount of sales in a section to not bump so far back so quick... othe rthings to seperate by is by price range, solo morphs, double morphs..... but once again, this could just create much more headaches than what it may solve...lol.

hmm... i dont really know what else to suggest to try to help, but i understand the issue that is going around. Personally, i hate bumping my threads- only did it so much, then i would delete it and start a new one. Nothing says snakes not selling like 3-4 pages of bumps!

Anyways, good luck, if i think of any ideas that could ( or could not...lol) help, i'll post.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:01 AM   #22
DAND
I don't know if this is at all possible but here it goes:

Would it be possible to separate the Classifieds posts from the rest of the posts? Meaning those posts wouldn't show up under the New Posts but would have a separate "Classifieds New Posts". Maybe even breaking it down further by section (i.e. Ball pythons, Boas, Cornsnakes, etc...). I have had a number of people complain to me about having to go through 3 pages of Classifieds to find a "New Post". If this were possible it could eliminate a number of "problems" people are complaining about.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #23
reptilemike
i agree something should be done, but to punish every one for a few people sucks. i dont post that often but when i do i bump my adds a few times , however i always delete my previous bump, before making a new one just to keep my adds looking clean . i hate the people who bump 30 times and there are 4 pages of bumps in 2 days . if they are the problem i think they should be warned and if they continue they should be banned . i do not agree with punishing everyone for a few sloppy people . just my thoughts Mike Schofield

Old 10-27-2010, 08:12 AM   #24
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by grogansilver View Post
i have been a member for many years here and now sense when did this site become a paying site? i always thought it was Donations that one was willingly able choose to grant to this site for the help of reptiles either in need of homes or for sales. I find it wrong that money is now an issue here in who does what they want.
Many years? You haven't even been a member here for 2 full years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogansilver View Post
Restore my privileges please.
Had your privileges been revoked you wouldn't be able to post. I do not see where you are not entitled to anything else.

And why are you making such a ridiculous statement when it looks like you have not even posted a single classified ad here?

Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #25
PMHerps
well here is my question.. do we really need replies in the classifieds ? its easy enough to send a private message or email to the poster if someone wants to contact them...

Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 AM   #26
hhmoore
Paul,
That is a good point, and one that has been considered. Typically, it's a pretty even split between those wanting ads left open for replies & people favoring closing them. The option of closing ads IS available to all posters, so people can make their own choice.
There are also a few solid arguments for leaving ads open (and, yes, most can be countered by anybody that thinks they should be closed.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #27
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilemike View Post
i agree something should be done, but to punish every one for a few people sucks. i dont post that often but when i do i bump my adds a few times , however i always delete my previous bump, before making a new one just to keep my adds looking clean . i hate the people who bump 30 times and there are 4 pages of bumps in 2 days . if they are the problem i think they should be warned and if they continue they should be banned . i do not agree with punishing everyone for a few sloppy people . just my thoughts Mike Schofield
Mike,
It was clearly stated that the current situation is a temporary "fix" until a better option is decided upon and enacted. Rich's programmer has offered some suggestions, and we are trying to ensure that the end result is reasonable (we aren't looking for MORE headaches).

Old 10-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #28
djsii82
Pms are ok but if selling multiple animals then your add is still getting buried. Plus we have many people who like to ask questions and when all answered we don't even make the sale so pms aren't that great for sales but it is for offers you don't want knowone to read about. I posted my opionion in the arboreal page. Sorry webmaster didn't know there was a forum already.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:43 AM   #29
PMHerps
if you close an ad, do you still have the ability to bump/highlight it via the control panel ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Paul,
That is a good point, and one that has been considered. Typically, it's a pretty even split between those wanting ads left open for replies & people favoring closing them. The option of closing ads IS available to all posters, so people can make their own choice.
There are also a few solid arguments for leaving ads open (and, yes, most can be countered by anybody that thinks they should be closed.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:45 AM   #30
djsii82
Another thing that may help is letting the adds expire. To many people respond to adds that animals are already sold and people should not be allowed to post SOLD on an animal was it is sold. We can care less and again just pushes others adds back. Very unnecessary

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!