Can't seem to reply in my own threads... - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:31 PM   #81
KelliH
Only allow a certain number of posts/ads per day and a certain number of bumps. That would eliminate some of the problems I think. What gets annoying is people that post like 10 ads in a row in one section.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #82
Angel Rojas
I can see that the tone of my keystrokes are being shown in a different light than what my heart feels. So if anyone would like to talk about it and then post how they felt, I'm more than happy 267-882-5350

Old 10-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #83
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Rojas View Post
If this was going to be a paid memeber's only site, then that's the way it should have started.
But it's not going to be a paid member's only site. Maybe you should take the time to read what has been written and try to comprehend what is being said before you run your mouth. If you cannot do this then I suggest that you ask an adult to help explain it to you.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #84
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH View Post
Only allow a certain number of posts/ads per day and a certain number of bumps. That would eliminate some of the problems I think. What gets annoying is people that post like 10 ads in a row in one section.
Kelli... this year I produced 7 different morphs of babies... and Im trying to sell off some of my proven breeders and a few sub adult. Why is it wrong for me to list what I have for sale.

Its not like Im listing all 77 babies in their own ad?

Old 10-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #85
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
But instead of doing that, they are running around giving infractions and bans to whoever disagrees with them

Who is doing that? Simply for disagreeing. Let's see it! Frankly, you aren't contributing or discussing the matter here. You are being antagonistic and whining. What did you get an infraction for?

Old 10-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #86
billewicz
So I guess listing by date and time/first come=first served, with paid ads coming before others does not work? i.e. list it and leave it. Re-list for another day as needed.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #87
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidgeTop Reptiles View Post
At the other place I can push 6 of my ads up per day per section.... here I can push up 10 per month total
I could swear that myself and others have mentioned that this is going to be addressed.....

Quote:
Another thought that just crossed my mind. Since Rich has it shut down so registered members cant post in their own ads... I guess they wont be able to answer questions publically pertaining to their ad. Not good from an advertising stand point.
And I could also swear that it has been mentioned that this is temporary until the custom code can be implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
Then they should state it in the ad.

I was deleting bumps in my ad, and noticed my first 3 posts I can't edit. But the others I could, just wonderin why Rich.
Because of some people getting their panties all bunched up in a wad a while back and going back through all of their threads and posts to edit and delete their text, I had to put a time limit on the editing function. That editing limit is 180 days. Seriously, if your ad hasn't produced results in 180 days, maybe it's time to just let it go and create a fresh one, don't you think?

Quote:
I agree also to this. I believe that if you have more than one of the same species of animal they should all go in the same ad, not 10 different ones just because of an age, size, etc. difference
Actually, I believe the most effective use of the classifieds is to utilize the thumbnail photos to show THE animal you are trying to sell. I'm sure most people browse the classifieds looking at the thumbnail photos for something to catch their eye. And that is what advertising WANTS to do: Catch the eye of a potential customer. Quite frankly, if I were posting animals for sale, I would create a separate ad for each one so I could display that photograph in such a way that the highest number of people possible would see it.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #88
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Why should paying members be the only ones to be able to bump their ads? Does it make them or their animals better than anyone else's just because they paid. And to be honest, the only people that I think would have a problem with non-donating memebers be able to bump their ad, is the BIG name breeders who's panties are in a bunch because he wants his ads to stay on the front page.

Question should be, Why shouldn't contributing members have a few perks for their contributions to this site? There are a lot of hobbyist here that contribute on a regular basis. There are also a lot of non-contributing members here that participate in other areas to promote this site. They don't sit there and state "give me, give me!"

Old 10-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #89
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozzep View Post
Other classifieds don't allow replies. Maybe this is the answer.
To be honest, i barely get any leads from posting ads on this site, so becoming a paying member here just isn't justified for me.Not that it's the sites fault, but there are too many window shoppers, and not enough buyers here.
Whatever the solution, i'll deal with it.
I had considered doing that instead of the current temporary change, but I felt the number of emails would be MUCH greater than they already are. Posting announcements and threads within the feedback forum here are generally a waste of time, apparently.

Quote:
So you think of every possible question and place it in your ads?

I dont think so

I was just using a for instance....

Sometimes we place ads when we are tired or have other things on our minds and we forget to put something in that should of been, but then someone asks a question and we remember it. We're thankful for the question and in the end that info gets out to the viewing public.
You have up to 180 days to edit your original post in the classified ad you create. Do you think you need MORE time to make changes?

Quote:
RICH..... Why not allow paid members to do manual bumps... and registered members cant? Leave the lowest level $25 and this gives folks a reason to donate. You can still post your ad for free, but you wont be able to bump it
Well think about this, please. How long would be be before this same problem grows in leaps and bounds, even if limited to paid members only? Why would I bother having increasing numbers of highlight/bumps for higher level paid memberships as incentives for people to choose to utilize those levels? Heck, fellas, don't I give away enough freebies here for people to use?

Well, I'll tell you what I will consider doing. When everyone decides to GIVE away their animals, supplies, and services FOR FREE instead of charging for them, then I'll follow suit and make everything free here as well. How's that sound?

Quote:
True, but that's what we have mods for also, to be our so called "site police", to protect the integrity of this site. But instead of doing that, they are running around giving infractions and bans to whoever disagrees with them
Sorry, but no. Anything that can be automated here to take the work load off of the moderators is going to be implemented that way. There have been roughly 1,300 posts made every day here and just a handful of moderators to have to review them. If we assume even just 30 seconds to read over a post and consider it in context of the thread and then contemplate whether it doesn't violate any rules and need an infraction, we are talking about something in the neighborhood of 10 manhours per day JUST to do that. So tell me, how hard do you think I should crack the whip for these VOLUNTEER mods to get them to shape up and pull their share of the workload?

Old 10-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #90
WebSlave
Quote:
So you want to force people to do pay...
No,not at all. No one if FORCED to pay anything to use the basic functions of using this site. The bells and whistles that need to be paid for are enticements for those who WANT such things, not NEED them, to pay for those functions via the paid memberships. No one even HAS to advertise here. If there are better avenues that are more attractive to people to advertise, then all means, avail yourself of them.

Quote:
That may be true, but I'm NOT the only one who thinks this. I too have been banned for breaking the rules, but when a mod starts giving infractions and bans for "boaderline" stuff, that's when I get confused. I mean, you either broke the rules or you didn't, there's no inbetween.
I doubt anyone has been banned for a single incident of a "borderline abusive" post. They are cumulative, so yeah, after you don't get the hint and keep on doing such things, you just might find yourself banned. And "borderline" means "gray area". I do hope that concept is not completely foreign to you, as I felt it gave the moderators a method of warning a member that they ARE treading in a gray area and need to be more circumspect about their posting methods.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!