Time to evaluate the issue of replies in the classified ad sections. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

View Poll Results: Has the "no reply" policy in classified ads helped or hindered?
Yes. Re-enable all replies to the classifieds sections. 179 50.42%
No. Keep it as it is with replies to the classifieds disabled for non-paying members. 127 35.77%
Didn't go far enough. Disable replies in the classifieds sections to ALL members. 36 10.14%
What? I wondered why I couldn't reply to classified ads! 10 2.82%
There are classified ads here? 3 0.85%
Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #61
Leopard Gecko Guy
I would really appreciate it if you could reinstate POST REPLIES to the forum. I'm wanting certain things off this website and can't get them unless people reply to my messages and the only way they can do that is if post replies get reinstated. I strongly feel that without replies to this forum, this forum stinks and was a waste of my time to apply if all I get are no answers. So please reconsider and reinstate post replies, otherwise I may look to quit as your customer. I already quit 1 business who failed to serve me, and I don't want to quit another. So I strongly urge you to reinstate post replies for this reason. Thanks and think about it.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:11 AM   #62
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard Gecko Guy View Post
I would really appreciate it if you could reinstate POST REPLIES to the forum. I'm wanting certain things off this website and can't get them unless people reply to my messages and the only way they can do that is if post replies get reinstated. I strongly feel that without replies to this forum, this forum stinks and was a waste of my time to apply if all I get are no answers. So please reconsider and reinstate post replies, otherwise I may look to quit as your customer. I already quit 1 business who failed to serve me, and I don't want to quit another. So I strongly urge you to reinstate post replies for this reason. Thanks and think about it.
How are you a customer?

Why are you unable to PM or email sellers?

Old 02-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #63
Leopard Gecko Guy
I'm a customer who is trying to make a frog collection of some of the most popular breeds, and to do that I need every1's cooperation including this forum because I want to make my dreams come true.

And I can not e-mail sellers cause I don't have their e-mail addresses, I feel it would be a lot easier if I could just contact them here. Please give it some more thought. Thanks and good talking to you

Old 02-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #64
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
I'm a customer who is trying to make a frog collection of some of the most popular breeds, and to do that I need every1's cooperation including this forum because I want to make my dreams come true.

And I can not e-mail sellers cause I don't have their e-mail addresses, I feel it would be a lot easier if I could just contact them here. Please give it some more thought. Thanks and good talking to you
Then you can PM them.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:00 AM   #65
WebSlave
Quote:
So, explain to me why you cannot private message other parties here on this site, please.

And secondly, no, you are not a customer of mine. And as best I can tell, you never have been. So, sorry about that, but that card won't work for you.

So, just out of curiosity, what other sites that you frequent with the traffic that this site has allows replies to classified ads? I would like to see how they handle the issues we had here with rampant bumping and problematical posts made on classified ad threads.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:43 AM   #66
SirenSanJose
I initially voted "change it" because it does seem counter-intuitive to non-paid users, but after your change to the error message, I'm switching my vote to leave it as-is. Only suggestion I might add on top of that is linking to the 'paid membership' page in the error message itself.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #67
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
not sure if you are aware, but at the bottom of the ads is the 'contact seller' button, looks like this: which will open up the private message function. Also by selecting the user's name a drop down menu appears which will also allow you to contact them, that function will allow you to send them a private message and if they have allowed it, send them an email as well. I hope that helps!

Old 02-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #68
Leopard Gecko Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Then you can PM them.

What does PM stand for besides past morning?

Old 02-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #69
Snake-Queen
Quote:
What does PM stand for besides past morning?

Private message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-16-2014, 02:14 PM   #70
Leopard Gecko Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Private message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried that, but still I'm not getting any responses to my messages. Often times I feel this forum is dead or it may be going out of service. So far I have sent 44 PM's and neither 1 was responsive. Whenever I'm on this forum, I feel like I'm talking to a wall. Hope you can look into it. Thanks and give it all you can. I'll get back to you in a little bit. Bye-Now. Will chat again soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!