To the Texas clan (and everyone else) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-15-2005, 10:38 AM   #41
Wilomn
And just one more point.

Lucille brought this here all by her lonesome, I had NOTHING to do with it. I am not defending her, she can do that herself. I am appalled at the treatment that was meted out. THAT and that alone is what I have been reacting to.

Come if you want, it's sure to be fun. Stay away if you want, it's still sure to be fun.

Whatever you do though, lighten up a little. Just because something is in Hell or has me posting in it DOES NOT make it a bad thing.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:41 AM   #42
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerofdoom
well all i did to this thread was make a comment to what bruce said, but it appears that people are drawing a line between us and the rest of the forum. See link

I think that lucille should have copied the link to the exact post # where the talks of a party show up. Cause all this thread here said was "To the Texas clan (and everyone else)" upon opening it just says "party" and a link to the whole thread, including jacobs shining lack of intellect that makes me wonder if the 18 beside his age is a little generous.. If it was not for the fact i wanted to see what lil jakie said, i dont think i would have seen what lucille was talking about either. It almost looks like she wanted people to participate in that hell thread, if they only read the first 3 or so post's where is just arguments.

Heck, Why that thread is still in hell going OT is beyond me. Someone should have re-started the party talks in another non-hell forum. I'm shure alot of other people skipped out in even viewing it, because of its location.
You are absolutely correct but such is the nature of threads here. They OFTEN stray from the original topic to one completely unrelated. You'd think folks who have been here more than a month or two would know that.

Yes, linking to the beginning of the party part of the thread would have been more appropiate and hindsight is at LEAST 20-20.

Note to self: when talking to the leopard gecko forum, BE SPECIFIC!!!

Old 03-15-2005, 01:16 PM   #43
Gecko_Den
This has gotten kind of stupid, and way out of hand.

People overreacted in the beginning and Lucille apologized for not making her intent clear regarding the link posting.

She posted here in good faith offering an invite to a gathering.

Once everything was explained it should have been over and done with.

This Us vs. them mentality is juvenile and absurd.

Let it rest already, please.

Old 03-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #44
WebSlave
You know, when I see petty bickering like this, it tends to make me think that things must really be running well in the world for people to be taking the time to be fighting about such minor things. Obviously there are no really big issues going on for them to set their sights on, so they have to fall back on some little nit-picking things like this instead.

Why don't you ALL just step back and read this thread from an unbiased completely objective viewpoint and see how you all look from that perspective?

Lucille posted a link in this forum as an attempt to invite members here who don't tend to go anywhere else to read about information concerning a party some other members have dreamed up. She has EVERY right to do that. No one OWNS any exclusivity to any forum they happen to be taking part in on this site. At the very best, YOU can decide to not read someone else's post, but you certainly do not have to become offensive and tell them to bugger off and not post in YOUR forum.

It was an INVITATION, people. If someone had not done that to try to let you all know about it, sure as hell someone would whine about not being informed about it when they found out the party date had come and gone and no one told them about it.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:17 PM   #45
Golden Gate Geckos
apology

I am compelled to post my heartfelt apology to Lucille and others for the obvious misinterpretation of her intentions in her 'invitation' to the Texas Party. When the post was first made on the Leopard Gecko Forum with the topic of "PARTY" and a link to the "The On Going saga of Wes continues" thread in the HELL forum, I did not read past the first 23 posts because they were offensive, name-calling, flame wars. To me, it didn't seem like much of a party. Apparently, many others did not read the entire thread came to the same conclusions as well.

It is my understanding that Webslave created the "HELL" forum specifically for the purpose of threads of that nature, and that it is not moderated for offensive language or other content that would otherwise be inappropriate for many members of Fauna. There are many active members on Fauna that are under the age of 18! Here are direct quotes from Webslave on the very first threads of the "HELL" forum:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webslave
This forum was created solely as a place to move threads that erupt into flame wars and generally immature rantings, pissing duels, feuds, and any similar postings that are not wanted nor appropriate in other forums on this site.
Quote:
This will not be a nice place to visit. But it is hoped that by providing it as an outlet for the above mentioned socially unacceptable behavior, that the other forums, and particularly the BOI, can have such behavior greatly curtailed in favor of reasoned, logical, and adult level discussions.
Quote:
This is the cesspool of this site, hoping that such goings on will remain here and not slop over the walls onto the rest of my site.
Quote:
I have been informed by some people willing to read the messages in this forum that quite a bit of the language being used is not fit for consumption by minors and people with sensitive reading habits. Although there is a disclaimer posted about visiting this forum, I feel that it is best to make this available ONLY to registered members of this site, and not available to casual visitors who might get the wrong first impression if this is the first forum they happen to stumble into.
Based on Rich's description alone, a link to the HELL forum placed in the Leopard Gecko Forum is not appropriate, nor welcomed by the majority of other members.

The Leopard Gecko Forum was created for Leo enthusiasts to post questions, information, and photos of our geckos. It is always true that forums that are designed with a specific "topic" will form a core group of people that become close-knit based on their common interests. This does not mean that it is exclusive to others in any way! It is a Leopard Gecko Forum, just as the Cornsnake Forum is for people to share on the topic of cornsnakes!

Instead of being viewed as "those whinny elitist babies from the Leo forum," it would be my wish that the Leopard Gecko Forum and it's group of Leopard Gecko keepers could be a wonderful example of just how successful Fauna really is by it's wealth of information and the respectful, supportive relationship of it's users.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:44 PM   #46
KelliH
Great post Marcia. And I totally agree with you.

Old 03-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #47
Bill_Leverton
I do truly understand the reaction to how this was done.And I do apolgize that I brought this up In Hell. I should of posted it on a post that all would have read, but hindsite is 20/20 and if people are offended by anything, That has a Hell origination, For good thing to bring people together, other then on the boards or rep shows Then Im sorry that Lucille thought you would be interested in something like this

Old 03-15-2005, 10:40 PM   #48
Monte
I think . . .

. . . that a lot of us are family people with kids. Kids like leos because they are cool and their parents mess with them. So they like to read the forums we read about leos. So they read fauna - and then they follow links - we probably get over sensitive about it.

I have a feeling that's what gets the leo forum the reputation of being exclusive.

More accurately, some of us are just trying to protect our children from some 40 year old adolescent herpers who feel the need to post questionable content. (40 is just an arbitrary age - if the shoe fits . . . )

Old 03-15-2005, 10:58 PM   #49
Sunset Gecko
I'm 15, Does that make me a kid? LOL Don't worry...I'm not exposed to anything worse on this site than at any normal high school, including mine.

Old 03-15-2005, 11:06 PM   #50
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte
. . . that a lot of us are family people with kids. Kids like leos because they are cool and their parents mess with them. So they like to read the forums we read about leos. So they read fauna - and then they follow links - we probably get over sensitive about it.

I have a feeling that's what gets the leo forum the reputation of being exclusive.

More accurately, some of us are just trying to protect our children from some 40 year old adolescent herpers who feel the need to post questionable content. (40 is just an arbitrary age - if the shoe fits . . . )
Interestingly enough, this is the FIRST mention of kids that I know of. If there was another I missed it entirely.

I would disagree with your view on what gets the leopard gecko forum its reputation as exclusive but, as things have worked out well enough in the end, I'm willing to let it go.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!