Fauna, the BOI, and Favouritism... - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:12 PM   #81
Wilomn
Ok, one more post for now.

As far as reputation points, while helpful in making a decision about who to deal with, they SHOULD NOT be a goal insofar as people striving just to get them, posting on every thread on every subject just to get their voice heard and post count up. They should be a MINOR factor in deciding if this is the type of person you want to do business with. Just as warning points are NOT always an indicator of the true nature of a person so to are rep points NOT always a good gage or indication of what type of person one is. That comes from reading the posts they make, the knowledge they share, how they treat others here.

Honestly, I chuckle everytime I see either my rep points OR my warning points, as some of both are WELL deserved and some of both are NOT deserved at all. Judge others as you would be judged yourself, by what YOU do, not what others say about what you do.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:18 PM   #82
WebSlave
As far as people being afraid to post on the BOI, the best advice I can offer is that the TRUTH is your shield. Without it, you will be devoured.

Also, be willing to accept that you may be wrong and don't hold onto something you WANT to be true if it is determined that it is not.

Everyone would like to think they are reasonably smart, not gullible, and able to make all of the right decisions. Sometimes you just run up against someone smarter, someone able to find a chink in your armor and lead you into making the wrong decisions. It is certainly a blow to your ego when that happens, but it DOES happen, even to the best of us.

But that is what makes learning experiences. If you can't be right, at least become better informed afterwards.

Old 05-07-2005, 03:21 PM   #83
brucestephenson
Name : Wes Pollock
Trader Rating: (2)

Warning Level: 94 Quote:
Originally Posted by brucestephenson
"Wes, we all have someone somewhere who doesn't like us, no matter how hard we try. I have only gotten negative rep once, and since I have a policy of never giving out negative rep (you never know when you may want to be friends in the future), I have no respect whatsoever for that person.

Maybe Bud is away at work? I am sure he will respond eventually."

"You are entirely entitled to your policy just as I am to mine. If I disagree strongly enough, I'll say so.

bruce, you have done some very stupid things, at least I consider them stupid. I also think you have said some very stupid things. I have expressed my opinion both here and in the negative rep points you have gotten from me.

We OBVIOUSLY have different definitions for "friend" which is also fine with me. Don't hold your breath on that one.

As far as respect, YOURS in particular, there is a thread I started in the general business forum. Read it and try to comprehend it."

Name : Bruce Stephenson
Trader Rating: (10)

Warning Level: 11 "I'm sorry you feel that way Wes. I was prepared to like you after you got back Kelli Hammack's snakes. I even good-guyed you in the certification forum! Many have told me that I am too nice to people and advise me against it.

However, I will continue to be nice to people because it makes them and me feel happy!"

I was reminded of the story of the scorpion who stung the turtle that was saving him from drowning. The turtle said, "but we will both die." Then the scorpion said, "I could not help myself; that is my nature."

Old 05-07-2005, 03:46 PM   #84
Wilomn
Quote:
Name : Wes Pollock
Trader Rating: (2)

Warning Level: 94 Quote:
"Wes, we all have someone somewhere who doesn't like us, no matter how hard we try. I have only gotten negative rep once, and since I have a policy of never giving out negative rep (you never know when you may want to be friends in the future), I have no respect whatsoever for that person.

Maybe Bud is away at work? I am sure he will respond eventually."

"You are entirely entitled to your policy just as I am to mine. If I disagree strongly enough, I'll say so.

bruce, you have done some very stupid things, at least I consider them stupid. I also think you have said some very stupid things. I have expressed my opinion both here and in the negative rep points you have gotten from me.

We OBVIOUSLY have different definitions for "friend" which is also fine with me. Don't hold your breath on that one.

As far as respect, YOURS in particular, there is a thread I started in the general business forum. Read it and try to comprehend it."

Name : Bruce Stephenson
Trader Rating: (10)

Warning Level: 11 "I'm sorry you feel that way Wes. I was prepared to like you after you got back Kelli Hammack's snakes. I even good-guyed you in the certification forum! Many have told me that I am too nice to people and advise me against it.

However, I will continue to be nice to people because it makes them and me feel happy!"

I was reminded of the story of the scorpion who stung the turtle that was saving him from drowning. The turtle said, "but we will both die." Then the scorpion said, "I could not help myself; that is my nature."
I am sure that YOU think there is a point here. It has eluded me so let me try one on you.

There was this guy. He lived in a tiny apartment in a big building. He shared this tiny apartment with a BIG cockroach. The cockroach would scurry out of hiding, crap in the middle of the floor, pee in the guys wheaties, and generally make a nuisence of himself.

The guy, not a bad guy mind you just a guy living in a tiny apartment with a BIG cockroach, told the roach MANY times, "I am sure that you enjoy my company, crapping on my floor and peeing in my wheaties, BUT I don't really like you. It's not that I have anything against insects in general, it's more that I just don't like YOU because you crap on my floor and pee in my wheaties and think it's funny that I haven't YET squashed the hell out of you. Someday though, I will. Squash the hell out of you, that is."

The cockroach laughed and scurried under the refridgerator, his favorite place to be when he was not crapping in the middle of the floor or peeing in the wheaties, chuckling to himself and patting himself on the carapace with four out of his six filthy hands, so to speak.

The cockroach got bolder and bolder, coming out in the middle of the day as well at all hours of the night. He was sighted in the bathroom, drinking toilet water, of course, as well as hanging out with a couple of fleas under the couch. I believe their names were neil and bud, but I may be mistaken there as it has been many longtimes since I have actually spoken to a cockroach. With his new flea pals egging him on the cockroach grew bolder and bolder, going so far as to bait the man, just an average man, living in a tiny apartment that he was basically content to share with the cockroach and his flea friends, the cockroach's not the man's, he really had NO love of vermin, by sitting on the man's, just an average man living in a tiny apartment with a BIG cockroach, shoulder while he slept and whispering in his ear. Cockroach humor is NOT funny to anyone but fleas and cockroaches so it wasn't really funny but it was annoying to the man, just an average man living in a tiny apartment with a BIG cockroach, to find cockroach footprints on his pillow and teeshirt in the morning, foul evidence purposely left by the cockroach to annoy the man, just an average man living in a tiny apartment with a BIG cockroach.

This went on for quite a while as the man, just an average man living in a tiny apartment with a BIG cockroach was actually fairly tolerant of others.

THEN one day, just an average day, nothing special or spectacular, the man had ENOUGH.

You know what the man, just an average man living in a tiny apartment with a BIG cockroach, did?

He STOPMED on that F'ING bug and that was the end of that. No more pissing in the wheaties, no more crapping in the middle of the floor, no more fleas under the sofa and no more foul whispers in the middle of the night.

Guess which part was played by you bug, er cockroach, er bruce....

Old 05-07-2005, 04:06 PM   #85
Dennis1
LOL that was the funniest story ive heard in a while
Just one thing can you change the fleas to mites

Old 05-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #86
KelliH
rep points

Positive Rep points really are nothing more than something like a high five, or a slap on the butt like football players give each other. Negative rep points are like a slap on the wrist or something. They really mean nada. It's a users feedback points that we should really oay attention to.

Quote:
I actually give negative points rarely and here's a deal: if I have EVER delivered negative points to you, if you will IM me and we reach an understanding, I will cancel them out by delivering good points back to you. Now, how reasonable is that?
But why bother, it's not that important!

And Justin, I gave you negative points once after you gave me some, yep. I started reading some of your posts and several of them were particularly rude and nasty. So I gave you negative points, and I belive I typed somthing in like, "Now Justin, this post that you made was just as rude as what I said in my post."

Anyway, I just gave you positive rep points, I don't want you to feel that I was being vindictive; I was not, I was making a point.

Rep points are actually pretty meaningless, but they are fun. That's it.

Old 05-07-2005, 04:11 PM   #87
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Positive Rep points really are nothing more than something like a high five, or a slap on the butt like football players give each other. Negative rep points are like a slap on the wrist or something. They really mean nada. It's a users feedback points that we should really oay attention to.

But why bother, it's not that important!

And Justin, I gave you negative points once after you gave me some, yep. I started reading some of your posts and several of them were particularly rude and nasty. So I gave you negative points, and I belive I typed somthing in like, "Now Justin, this post that you made was just as rude as what I said in my post."

Anyway, I just gave you positive rep points, I don't want you to feel that I was being vindictive; I was not, I was making a point.

Rep points are actually pretty meaningless, but they are fun. That's it.
Kelli, I agree with you but was somewhat puzzled, I offered to make good on the few negative points I have given and you said 'why bother' and then you did exactly that with Justin? .....

Old 05-07-2005, 04:15 PM   #88
KelliH
Quote:
Kelli, I agree with you but was somewhat puzzled, I offered to make good on the few negative points I have given and you said 'why bother' and then you did exactly that with Justin?
Because, Lucille, Justin was accusing me of "tit for tat", and I wanted to clear up his misconception.

I didn't make the offer to give positive points to every single person that I had ever given a negative to.

Understand what I am saying now?

Old 05-07-2005, 04:20 PM   #89
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
LOL that was the funniest story ive heard in a while
Just one thing can you change the fleas to mites
A parasite is a parasite is a parasite.

Feel free to change it and use it as you will.

Old 05-07-2005, 04:28 PM   #90
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
Life involves give and take. Rep points are not a big deal; if I mention them it is just information in passing.
Besides, karma lives, when one member on here went on a rep rampage, he was gifted with the most appropriate consequence of receiving a few of those points himself.

I actually give negative points rarely and here's a deal: if I have EVER delivered negative points to you, if you will IM me and we reach an understanding, I will cancel them out by delivering good points back to you. Now, how reasonable is that?

And for those interested, no, I did not retaliate for the points I received yesterday. I actually like just about everyone here; I think that (here's a bit of Lucille wisdom) when someone on Fauna says something bad to you, or negative about you, with a dialogue, and a good attitude, you can work out almost any difference.
Sometimes there needs to be an interim cooling off period, but to me, it is difficult to keep any kind of negative feeling inside of me for very long when I read your other posts, the ones about your life, your children, your dog, your reptiles; those posts turn each of you into someone special and worthwhile and I identify with you, and your life. The Fauna family is a good family.
first off, if rep pomts arent a big deal... then why make a deal to even it out?

second of all, you had no reason to retaliate... go figure ... i also would strill love to see my unedited negative rep points i gave you... personally i think ticked because you got points taken away (like its a big red X on your forehead screaming you are bad)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!